RIP Ralph Wilson

As I read this thread I realized the magnitude of RW's passing...the reappearance of so many members of this community that have been absent for a long, long time. What a testament to what he had built, not only a football franchise but a community of strong willed and loyal fans. Thank you Ralph for taking the risk and providing millions of people with lifetimes of joy.....and a little frustration.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I read this thread I realized the magnitude of RW's passing...the reappearance of so many members of this community that have been absent for a long, long time. What a testament to what he had built, not only a football franchise but a community of strong willed and loyal fans. Thank you Ralph for taking the risk and providing millions of people with lifetimes of joy.....and a little frustration.

Yep.

RIP Ralph.

This hits me hard. I am such a huge Bills fan and I got so many texts from friends and relatives yesterday saying they were sorry to hear about Mr. Wilson.

It was like one of my own family members passed away.

In fact, thats pretty much how this feels.

RIP Mr. Wilson. May you look down and smile on all that you have accomplished.

CBF

I don't post on this board that often but I feel compelled to right now. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and to all who had the pleasure of working with Ralph. Being from Buffalo I know what kind of person Ralph was and he definitely was not your typical owner. He cared about the community and city of Buffalo as if we were his own family. Reputation is built in a year or even two, however, character is built throughout a lifetime. Ralph was instrumental in the development of what the Bills and what we see today and the league as well. Ralph will always be missed and never forgotten in the heart of every citizen of Buffalo. May he rest in peace.

I don't post on this board that often but I feel compelled to right now. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and to all who had the pleasure of working with Ralph. Being from Buffalo I know what kind of person Ralph was and he definitely was not your typical owner. He cared about the community and city of Buffalo as if we were his own family. Reputation is built in a year or even two, however, character is built throughout a lifetime. Ralph was instrumental in the development of what the Bills and what we see today and the league as well. Ralph will always be missed and never forgotten in the heart of every citizen of Buffalo. May he rest in peace.

I think you should post more often army...

I would love to see a RWJ patch on the uni sleeves this year and going forward, alla Halas. Ralph earned it.

Thought about this last night. I'd say you can count on it, and not just for one season. Hoping so much there isn't another memorial patch/sticker this season as well..

One memory or Mr. Wilson that I will never forget was from about 15 years ago when I was at the Ralph for a Bills game and was walking through the concession halls and I see him just walking around and saying hi to fans and shaking hands.

I asked him for his autograph on a Bills shirt and he said of course and then shook my hand.

What a great man

CBF

This kinda sums it up...

Funny. I saw that image several times yesterday on my phone's facebook app. On the small screen of my phone I only saw a sketched helmet and did not see that the bison shed a tear. Poignant.

yes please.

Maybe we could start a thread/petition for that. Make the bills do it.

Honestly, I cannot see any reason they would not do it. It would be foolish. The patriarch of the franchise, the only owner. I'm guess the FO is very aware of this almost automatic tribute teams do these days.

For starters it would be a huge negative on the franchise , which is certainly not Brandons style. Didn't Kraft put his wifes initials on the jerseys the year she died? Better yet have some WILSON #1 jerseys made up to sell at the stadium.

Edited by Best Player Available

Honestly, I cannot see any reason they would not do it. It would be foolish. The patriarch of the franchise, the only owner. I'm guess the FO is very aware of this almost automatic tribute teams do these days.

For starters it would be a huge negative on the franchise , which is certainly not Brandons style. Didn't Kraft put his wifes initials on the jerseys the year she died? Better yet have some WILSON #1 jerseys made up to sell at the stadium.

i just don't want it to be done for 1 season. I would hope its perminent. Just like the Bears jerseys.

chicago bears jersey sleeve

And yes, they should retire a number for Ralph. And make a jersey out of it.

Maybe a "O" for the wagons or something.