Johnny Manziel thread

Manzell rules. Top 10 pick all day. Size matters ask Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

Meh... IMO, he will be injured early and often IMO. Best QB in a bad class though ...IMO. Also, IMO Evans made him look good often. We have a shot at Evans and we need to take him

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why see the whole game? I saw every completed pass and run by him. But I guess the incompletions would tell me more.

Look, the kid has promise, but there's a reason why opinions on him, from people who used to play the and/or get paid to watch all his games, are all over the place. As I've repeatedly said, it would be dumb to waste a first round pick on a guy with no clear consensus, when they barely gave the 1st round QB they drafted last year a chance.

If anything, when I watch Manziel, I think more and more that Evans should be the the Bills' pick, since they did a good job addressing defensive needs in FA. He's got size to dwarf/out-muscle most DB's, good enough speed, and great hands. Give EJ a target like that and see what happens.

I agree that Evans, if there, should be the pick for us.

Meh... IMO, he will be injured early and often IMO. Best QB in a bad class though ...IMO. Also, IMO Evans made him look good often. We have a shot at Evans and we need to take him

Wow, what would that be like?

I will definitely defer to your knowledge of the Tide here. Still, it's a pretty good oline, would you not agree? Also side comment. Do you think Kouandijo can be a good NFL RT? He interests me as a later round pick.

Yes, they were good. The RT and Center got better as the season progressed, but nowhere near the level of 2012, and I mean not remotely close.

Kouandjio is a good kid. If he is healthy he will play well in the NFL. He could play the right side, but don't expect a DJ Fluker. He might need more time to adjust.

As far as RT is concerned, I think Fluker is more suited and even better than any prospect in this draft and yes, this includes Robinson.

And btw, I am starting to believe that Matthews really might be there at #9. If the Bills draft him, it will be VERY interesting to see where he lines up.

Can you see Mr Ego / Mr Flash in the pan going to NE late in the 1st round?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Bellyache would have a muzzle ready for him in the Green Room at the draft.

hasnt NE either gone to, or brought in just about every qb for the last decade? I wouldnt take this as anything too noteworthy.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 2m

Deion Sanders says Johnny Manziel has "ghetto tendencies" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9s6L

Sanders loves attention, no?

I find Sanders pretty funny but man that is ignorant.

hasnt NE either gone to, or brought in just about every qb for the last decade? I wouldnt take this as anything too noteworthy.

i'm pretty sure they brought Tebow in as well. Brady is near the end (hopefully) and I don't Mallett will be anything. But NE is in win now mode so it would be silly to spend picks for a QB high in the draft.

Can you see Mr Ego / Mr Flash in the pan going to NE late in the 1st round?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Bellyache would have a muzzle ready for him in the Green Room at the draft.

I think they are evaluating the QB prospects in case one falls to them in the draft and a QB needy team wants to trade up to their slot to get him.

I think they are evaluating the QB prospects in case one falls to them in the draft and a QB needy team wants to trade up to their slot to get him.

or so they have a book on each guy once hes a pro and they face him... and because if you want feedback on any offensive player they played with, the scheme being run at the school, most defenders they faced, and even their coaching staff -- the QB is a good source for all that.

with limited visits, you can get a pretty broad range of info from a multiple year starting QB in the SEC.

Edited by NoSaint

or so they have a book on each guy once hes a pro and they face him... and because if you want feedback on any offensive player they played with, the scheme being run at the school, most defenders they faced, and even their coaching staff -- the QB is a good source for all that.

with limited visits, you can get a pretty broad range of info from a multiple year starting QB in the SEC.

did not consider... good point

OMG

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10722746/johnny-manziel-file-new-trademark

Johnny Manziel continues to set himself up to cash in on his future.

In line to eventually secure a "Johnny Football" trademark, Manziel's team filed for more trademarks recently, including "The House That Johnny Built."

ummmmm

would that be a Flop House ?

Imagine if the Rams drafted Johnny Manziel at #2, then traded up from #13 to draft Mike Evans...lol

Why try to build the perfect line for an average, injury prone and immobile QB like Bradford when you could realistically do something like this. Shake up your team in what is a very tough division.

If they were able to do this very stealthily, that would be one crazy draft night.

Imagine if the Rams drafted Johnny Manziel at #2, then traded up from #13 to draft Mike Evans...lol

Why try to build the perfect line for an average, injury prone and immobile QB like Bradford when you could realistically do something like this. Shake up your team in what is a very tough division.

If they were able to do this very stealthily, that would be one crazy draft night.

IMO they SHOULD take a QB - Bradford going into year 5 with no playoffs? Even I am not that patient.

I heard on the radio this morning (Chris Mortenson on ESPN radio) that he thinks there is a real chance the Rams draft Johnny Football.

mayock moved manziel to the top of his QB ratings.

jaworski rates manziel a 3rd round pick.

therefore this is a weak QB class ?

It amazes me that two knowledgeable analysts are so far apart on him. I think this makes it a risky pick for the team like the Browns at #4 overall who can not afford another bust at QB. But if he is rated as a 3rd rd pick by Ron Jaworski, maybe he could be like another 3rd rd pick, Russell Wilson?! :)

I heard on the radio this morning (Chris Mortenson on ESPN radio) that he thinks there is a real chance the Rams draft Johnny Football.

It amazes me that two knowledgeable analysts are so far apart on him. I think this makes it a risky pick for the team like the Browns at #4 overall who can not afford another bust at QB. But if he is rated as a 3rd rd pick by Ron Jaworski, maybe he could be like another 3rd rd pick, Russell Wilson?! :)

I don't believe that at all. IMO, the Rams are just blowing smoke to pique the interest of potential trade partners. BTW, Welcome to TSW.

I personally think that Jaws is full of crap 90% of the time. I think he's hanging on by his finger tips at ESPN. What better way to garner clicks than to be off the grid in your opinions?

I don't believe that at all. IMO, the Rams are just blowing smoke to pique the interest of potential trade partners. BTW, Welcome to TSW.

Agreed. I think the Browns want JFF badly and the teams picking before them are trying to entice them into a trade up, probably targeting both of the Browns' 1st round picks. For their part, the Browns are feigning lack of interest in Manziel. An interesting game of chicken. No way JFF gets past the four slot.