Johnny Manziel thread

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time somebody called him out for what he really is a 3rd round draft pick nothing more nothing less small body qb will get crushed when he gets hit

Haha. I've been as big a Johnny Football critic as anyone.... I've said before and will say again though that there is no way I'm spending a top 10 pick on a Quarterback to come into the NFL that I see so little pocket play from.

I think this thread will be closed though as there is already a Manziel one.

TY, someone finally sees it my way! I think once he faces more athletic defenses teams will be able force him to stay in the pocket. I think once he's forced into being a pocket passer he won't be effective. I love Teddy Bridgewater as a prospect. I don't know enough about Bortles. Derek Carr scares me because of the name. I also think AJ McCarron should be getting more hype. Only thing that scares me about him is played with so much talent at Alabama.

wow…polarized discussion on a player…..that doesn't happen every freaking year.

The best part is how the same ol measuring stick comes out every year to try to tell us why a special player won't be special in the NFL. This convention misses as much as it hits.

Seattle thanks every unimaginative GM out there…especially Buddy.

It's about time somebody called him out for what he really is a 3rd round draft pick nothing more nothing less small body qb will get crushed when he gets hit

Right, because no one really hits hard in the SEC; certainly no NFL-caliber athletes on teams like Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. Probably the silliest post here in months.

Tarkenton 2.0. Can't count the kid out, but he's gotta learn to be a pocket passer and find passing lanes to throw from. Sure, once in a while on a designed rollout, etc. he'll surprise a defense. But that will never be bread and butter in the NFL where you have to make a defense defend the entire field. Can't do that anywhere but from in the pocket where a QB has the entire field at his disposal.

But he'll be fun to watch when his protection breaks down. Just like Franny.

GO BILLS!!!!