Johnny Manziel thread

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this year.

Going to fun to watch this kid though.

And i bet you will be in a postion to say " i told you so " .

Cleveland ?

I will hope and pray that Johnny Football works out if the Browns draft him, but I would think there is a higher percentage of EJ Manuel having a good year this year than Johnny. I don't see why the Bills would be interested in drafting him unless he falls really far and ends up being a value pick in a later round. Which I doubt will happen due to the hype.

I will hope and pray that Johnny Football works out if the Browns draft him, but I would think there is a higher percentage of EJ Manuel having a good year this year than Johnny. I don't see why the Bills would be interested in drafting him unless he falls really far and ends up being a value pick in a later round. Which I doubt will happen due to the hype.

Someone has already fallen in love with him. Its gonna make the draft interesting.

Cleveland might want Mack. Pettine would love the kid.

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 14h

Former NFL scout RT @JohnMiddlekauff I've been told Johnny Football had the highest wonderlic test of all the top QB's in this years draft

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Manziel's Wonderlic score of 32 wasn't the highest of any QB at this year's combine, however. Cornell QB Jeff Matthews scored a 40.

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 14h

Former NFL scout RT @JohnMiddlekauff I've been told Johnny Football had the highest wonderlic test of all the top QB's in this years draft

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Manziel's Wonderlic score of 32 wasn't the highest of any QB at this year's combine, however. Cornell QB Jeff Matthews scored a 40.

What did John Urschel score?

GO BILLS!!!

Just watched Gruden's QB Camp with Johnny Football. A few takeaways:

1. It was impressive watching him throw the balls with no laces.

2. The kid has no limit on his confidence.

3. Similar to 2, he is cocky as hell.

4. He seems smarter than I had previously thought. I only based my previous opinion on hearing him in interviews. Not show related, he had a good Wonderlic score as well

5. A bunch of his highlight reel plays never would have happened if he just read the field. He made things a lot harder on himself than he needed to sometimes.

6. He called his college teammates sheep.

7. Gruden terrifies me.

8. He certainly won't be a checkdown QB.

All in all, I still think the kid is a bag. His skill set is undeniably unique and fun to watch, but I hope that if they're considering taking him that they stop because I just don't think he'll transition well. I obviously could be completely wrong. If he somehow drops to us at 9, I think that would be great because someone will want him enough to give us a ton for that pick.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Just watched Gruden's QB Camp with Johnny Football. A few takeaways:

1. It was impressive watching him throw the balls with no laces.

2. The kid has no limit on his confidence.

3. Similar to 2, he is cocky as hell.

4. He seems smarter than I had previously thought. I only based my previous opinion on hearing him in interviews. Not show related, he had a good Wonderlic score as well

5. A bunch of his highlight reel plays never would have happened if he just read the field. He made things a lot harder on himself than he needed to sometimes.

6. He called his college teammates sheep.

7. Gruden terrifies me.

8. He certainly won't be a checkdown QB.

All in all, I still think the kid is a bag. His skill set is undeniably unique and fun to watch, but I hope that if they're considering taking him that they stop because I just don't think he'll transition well. I obviously could be completely wrong. If he somehow drops to us at 9, I think that would be great because someone will want him enough to give us a ton for that pick.

I think he'll be a good NFL player -- and probably better than the QB we have, unfortunately.

Exactly! How anyone can say "who cares" when it's virtually UNHEARD of for NFL prospects blows my mind.

Wrong again! Cam, Foles, Brees. Let's hear why that doesn't count.

http://nfldraftgeek.com/nflprodayshistory.html

70% of QB's that scored a 32 or higher won Super Bowls.

Not even close.....

http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2011/03/qb-wonderlic-scores.html?m=1

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood