If EJ were in this draft

Virgil

Last year, everyone said we should wait for this draft to get a qb. As it gets closer, who still feels the same? There isn't a Luck or Cam in this draft and I feel like we got a top guy of both drafts, but a year early.

I'm not saying EJ is going to be the man, but based off what we know now, I think we made the right move.

Teddy Bridgewater is the only guy I think is interesting, but he isn't a slam dunk either.

Just thoughts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was suppose to be a great draft for QBs. At the start of the college season, it was Bridgewater, Boyd and Manziel. Bortles kind of comes out of nowhere. Boyd plummets. Some mocks have have Bridgewater and Maziel dropping. I'm not sold on Bortles, funny.

Yeah I was thinking about that recently myself. I'm not sure it has anything to do with this years draft class as much as just the preception that next year always looks better. There was a thread here the other day talking about he amazing 2015 FA list of wide receivers. The future always looks better until it gets here!

On another note I was just reading the other day about some 7th grader out in Montana who is likely to break all of Peytons Mannings passing record.

the better question is if EJ was in this draft where would he most likely be drafted? it wouldnt be top ten and considering the teams that need a QB are in the top ten he might slip and be bunched in with the second round guys

EJ wouldn't be the first QB drafted this year IMO.

Previous to the senior bowl EJ wasn't even ranked in the top 5 by NFL.com, and Mayock http://www.nfl.com/d...-2013-nfl-draft

Let's not forget that before the senior bowl EJ was projected by just about every draft guide as a 3rd or 4th round "project QB". The sole reason EJ climbed up the draft boards was his lack luster play as MVP in the senior bowl, as he was better then the rest of a bad QB class. 7 of 10 for 76 yards, one TD passing.

http://www.sbnation....mvp-draft-stock

Then just before the draft EJ moved up to right behind Geno Smith http://www.nfl.com/n...qb-in-nfl-draft

Mayock on EJ below,

"You can mold him into something really special. He's raw, but he's that piece of clay where you take him and you can turn him to what you want." -- Mike Mayock

This kids future is in the hands of Doug Marrone, and Nate Hackett, and in his first year they had him behind a really bad O line with some very bad players at the start. 108 hits-48 sacks is unacceptable. EJ's development depends on how well his line can protect him.

Edited by FeartheLosing

the better question is if EJ was in this draft where would he most likely be drafted? it wouldnt be top ten and considering the teams that need a QB are in the top ten he might slip and be bunched in with the second round guys

This is probably accurate by all accounts.

If EJ gets faster eyes, trusts his receivers and throws before the break we will have our guy at long last. If not we'll all be talking about Winston next March.

Pretty much. Either EJ becomes good enough to be our guy next season or he sucks enough to give us a top pick and we just draft his replacement.

EJ has a training camp and 10 or so games of experience ahead of this group which on paper is no better. We are a year ahead of Cleveland, Houston, or whatever team drafts a first round QB. EJ has 16 games, maybe less if he is awful, to prove he can play. I am totally ok with a mid-round QB. As much to push EJ and for the fact that I hate the back-up QB situation.

I wonder how many games this year's Bills 1st round pick will get before he's labeled a bust. I think CJ was labeled a bust in year two... Dareus was either first or second year, I forget. EJ, well, everyone hates him after what, 10 games?

I'm guessing this year's 1st round pick will have 4 games to be a pro-bowl talent before fans torch his house.

I wonder how many games this year's Bills 1st round pick will get before he's labeled a bust. I think CJ was labeled a bust in year two... Dareus was either first or second year, I forget. EJ, well, everyone hates him after what, 10 games?

I'm guessing this year's 1st round pick will have 4 games to be a pro-bowl talent before fans torch his house.

Oh, I already got dibs on calling this year's first round pick a bust first. Bust!

I would like to see EJ this year before I make and decision.

I will say this though, the coach needs to put his QB in a position to be successful and that means surrounding him with as many weapons as possible.

This is why I think the Bills need to draft either Evans or Ebron in round 1.

This draft is so deep at OL and many scouts and analysts have said you can get a quality starting OL as late as round 3.

The Bills first round pick needs to be spent on a potential playmaker who can help EJ

CBF

If Ej were in this draft we would all say, lets wait until next year, the QB crop is better.

And then Next year we would get (IF QB drafted this year was in next years draft) we would all say, wait until the year after the QB crop is better.