If EJ were in this draft

Virgil

Funny, I remember how in 2011 people were arguing against picking a QB early because it was worth waiting until Barkley came out. Or was it in 2012's void for Boyd? They all blend together after a while.

Edited by GG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I remember how in 2011 people were arguing against picking a QB early because it was worth waiting until Barkley came out. Or was it in 2012's void for Boyd? They all blend together after a while.

You forgot Mallett.

EJ is as talented, if not more, than every qb in this draft.

That goes without saying. EJ is the most talented qb in NFL history. He would have went before Elway, and if this was 1983 he would have been the first qb off the board.

Given the above, why bring in competition, right?

Oh, I already got dibs on calling this year's first round pick a bust first. Bust!

Sounds good. Can I have dibs on predicting that EJ is a lock for the hall of fame, or are you already on that? ;)

Agreed. I'm not in love with any of these prospects. EJ has the intangibles and a high ceiling and I hope this year we see him get to that next level.

Based on what? What are his intangibles?

by any measure EJ Manuel was not in anyones Top 32 last year [except Buffalo's]. he was a reach.

if he was in this years draft, it would be the same thing.

Considering he was drafted #16, that's very speculative.

by any measure EJ Manuel was not in anyones Top 32 last year [except Buffalo's]. he was a reach.

if he was in this years draft, it would be the same thing.

And Buddy basically said if the QB you want was a 2nd rounder you take him in round 1. As I recall. And Buffalo had no choice BUT to reach, IMO, as Buddy

refused to draft a QB the previous years.

Im giving Manual another Year. He had very good games and had HORRIBLE games. But damn, when he almost beat the Pats in the first game of the season, and when he was playing really good against Cleveland, I thought he was the man. By the way, after Mannings Superbowl performance, IM glad we have a young QB! ( for idiots out there, im not comparing Manuel to Manning, Im saying Manning chokes like SJ13)

If we have to draft an EJ replacement next year, we will have yet another rookie season where the rest of the team is playoff-caliber. Wash, rinse…repeat.

It's insanity for us to not have a wily, experienced vet QB on this team ready to step in.

Yes lets get PixPatrick, FragileVick, DirtySanchez. Come on! ITS EJ or BUST THIS YEAR AND IM DOWN WITH IT!

yup...both suck btw

Ej does a lot of the same things that he did in college that prevented me from being a fan. Dump offs and short throws. I'm really rooting for the kid and hope he gets better. He did have a few impressive games. Hopefully there will be many more this year.

Im giving Manual another Year. He had very good games and had HORRIBLE games. But damn, when he almost beat the Pats in the first game of the season, and when he was playing really good against Cleveland, I thought he was the man. By the way, after Mannings Superbowl performance, IM glad we have a young QB! ( for idiots out there, im not comparing Manuel to Manning, Im saying Manning chokes like SJ13)

Yes lets get PixPatrick, FragileVick, DirtySanchez. Come on! ITS EJ or BUST THIS YEAR AND IM DOWN WITH IT!

I'm with you brother…..but we just came off a season where we were exposed for not having experience at the QB position…giving away a few games as a result.....a little insurance policy would have been nice. Thad and Tuelbag are both learning like EJ. Dirty Sanchise would be legit….problem is, he'd beat out EJ.

I liked the way Manuel played for 7 out of the 10 games he played. Was he perfect in all of those games? Hell no. But I liked what I saw.