How about Lucas Oil Stadium in Buffalo?

oman128

Every time I see a picture of Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis more and more I think the Bills should simply copy those plans , make a few slight modifications, and drop it in Buffalo.

Lucas Oil has an industrial look that would fit right here in Buffalo, it looks like a building rather than a stadium, which is one of the things that I like about it. The roof has a retractable feature ,which is perfect for us.

Personally, I think it needs to go somewhere in close proximity to Coca Cola field and the First Niagara since weve devoted lots of time and money to infrastructure, hotels and parking lots etc. If it means tearing down an old building or two or relocating a business then I think that would be okay.

Edited by oman128

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been there several times and it is the nicest stadium I have ever seen. Pretty much perfection. I have never been to Jerry World, however.

just my opinion, but from what i see on T V,"jerry world" looks sterile and fans distant from the field.. in a perfect world, i would incorporate the seahawks site lines, and lucas oil stadium's aesthetics..

I hate Lucas Oil Stadium and Cowboy stadium because they are too big, domed, and look like buildings instead of stadiums. I also dont like the Giants/Jets stadium as its just a big bowl with no open ends which I cant stand.

Stadiums should look like stadiums and football should be played outdoors

I prefer stadiums like the ones in Philly, Baltimore, Cinci, or my favorite Nashville.

The one thing I dont like about any of the new stadiums is the camera angles which seem so far away and above the field of play. This is something the old stadiums especially the Ralph have over the new stadiums as the cameras are so close you feel like you are right there on the field

just my opinion, but from what i see on T V,"jerry world" looks sterile and fans distant from the field.. in a perfect world, i would incorporate the seahawks site lines, and lucas oil stadium's aesthetics..

Bingo!

Stadiums should look like stadiums and football should be played outdoors.

I understand your point of view, but I think it's highly unlikely (and unwise, honestly) for WNY to build a football-only venue. Just ain't gonna happen. Any new stadium must contribute to the economy in multiple ways, far beyond anything that a football-only venue can.

I have been there several times and it is the nicest stadium I have ever seen. Pretty much perfection. I have never been to Jerry World, however.

I have many times due to my work . It matches jerry's ego it's like his mansion on the hill .

It has fan seating or boxes behind the players which IMHO stink because during the game your always looking at the asses of the players which if your a chick i guess it would be OK but i want to see the game .

Jerry world is just that , it has more access to the players they actually walk through the bar area to go to the locker room which i guess if you are that ate up with the players would be cool but i like a little more separation which keeps the fan / player thing alive .

I would hope if a stadium is built in B/lo it is more to mirror the city than the owner & i want nothing to do with being any where remotely the same as Jerry Jones .

I would like a retractable roof just for the super bowl. But I love the ralph and think we should just fix it up like chicago and green bay did

Well Buffalo will NEVER host a super bowl as we don't have the hotel capacity for such an event. Therefore, we don't have to build a retractable dome.

I hate the stadium Chicago built inside of Soldier Field.

A new stadium downtown in Buffalo would harm tailgating and with a billion cost not sure how that ever gets done. If they find a way to rebuild Ralph that's the best plan.

I'd rather have the Seahawks Stadium with the awnings covering over the fans a bit more. Could still keep the end zones open for the die hards and the sidelines would be nicely covered and heated. Best of all worlds.

Been there a couple times and sterile is a good description. It's so cavernous that sound gets swallowed up so even if the home town is cheering you'd never know it. You'd think that they'd run some acoustical studies prior to building the darn thing but it just isn't a great place to experience an NFL game. It's almost like football is the sideshow.

Well Buffalo will NEVER host a super bowl as we don't have the hotel capacity for such an event. Therefore, we don't have to build a retractable dome.

I hate the stadium Chicago built inside of Soldier Field.

A new stadium downtown in Buffalo would harm tailgating and with a billion cost not sure how that ever gets done. If they find a way to rebuild Ralph that's the best plan.

Hotels are being built all around the city and how would having a stadium downtown harm tailgating? They meant downtown Buffalo, not Toronto.

Hotels are being built all around the city and how would having a stadium downtown harm tailgating? They meant downtown Buffalo, not Toronto.

...I agree with all that say the Superbowl will not EVER be in Buffalo. Along with the the hotel issue there just are not enough Fortune 500 Companies located in WNY and sorry money talks when they want to bring in clients to wine and dine. As for tailgating, unless your going to clear blocks for a parking lot then the the great days of tailgating end.

...I agree with all that say the Superbowl will not EVER be in Buffalo. Along with the the hotel issue there just are not enough Fortune 500 Companies located in WNY and sorry money talks when they want to bring in clients to wine and dine. As for tailgating, unless your going to clear blocks for a parking lot then the the great days of tailgating end.

This. Any pipe dreamers who think a new stadium will bring a Super Bowl to Buffalo, need to pack up another one.