National attention

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody noticed that nobody is talking about the bills free agency signings no mention of them getting better or getting in players from division rivals. I wonder why no love for the Bills.

we havent really signed anyone of huge note nationally.

from the outside looking in we lost an All pro safety, and signed a bust LG, 3rd RB, nickel corner, and two LBs that werent every down players. whether we have gotten much better remains to be seen, and weve only signed one player from a division rival (one that they allegedly put on IR in the playoffs last year when healthy enough to play)

Just look at how much national press the last two superbowl champions Ravens and Seahawks have or had received. Not that much in the grand scheme of things.

It's all about the Broncos, Cowboys, Patriots, and Jets. That's the national media Mount Rushmore for ratings. The Bills don't exist unless they do "Hard Knocks" or win a superbowl and even then they would fade back into the background much more quickly than the Ravens and Seahawks.

Edited by 1billsfan

I stopped asking this about 14 years ago...

CBF

I gave up on NFL Total Access two years ago. Never any Bills discussions and if it is, then it's real quick. NFL AM is repetitive and the only show that's aby good is Path to the draft (which is obviously about college players) and Playbook. Even Playbook on a couple of weeks that I remember, didn't talk about Bills at all which shocked me because they usually make their picks on every game.

I think the last time the Bills got a lot of media attention was when they signed TO.

I remember reading new articles almost daily about Owens and the Bills

CBF

When you suck as long as the Bills have there needs to be a marketing hook to get any national attention from non Bills fans.

T.O. was such a hook and was the reason he was signed.

The Bills have done nothing even close to being worthy of any national attention so far at least.

The combination of a small market audience plus a poor track record for over a decade leads to brutal neglect from the national spotlight. Ask jax or Tampa. No one is talking about the rams. Did the chargers do anything? I haven't heard...

If I have to guess the obligatory drive by appraisal by national media on the bills will be they added a bunch of players we haven't heard of and they lost their all pro safety. I disagree but that's my expectation.

Has anybody noticed that nobody is talking about the bills free agency signings no mention of them getting better or getting in players from division rivals. I wonder why no love for the Bills.

Dear lord we still on this subject? The Bills SUCK. No way around it...they suck. Until they don't suck we will not get any positive coverage. Each damn year ESPN, NFLN etc tries to give us some love, this team lays a royal egg. Hell I can't blame them. Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville all just suck. Oakland is Oakland so they will get press no matter what

SAME AS IT EVER WAS !!! B-) (great band)

Why should it be any different this year than the past ?

Besides when ever they do look at the Bills & start talking about how good they look & what they look like on paper like what 2 years ago we always fall flat on our face with the expectations being so high .

So let's just keep it under the radar & go out & kick butt !! :thumbsup:

Edited by T master

We are a bad team that's not bad enough to get attention for being bad (Jags, Raiders, etc) and not good enough for anyone to give us a second thought. We just hover somewhere around the middle of the pack. We blend in to the football landscape. Nobody pays attention to us until we do something noteworthy like miss the playoffs for 14 years in a row or lose another heartbreaking game at the last second