Whaley confirms Kiko is moving to OLB

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuttlebutt via twitter indicates that some UB med students have revealed that Spikes is in town for a physical … could just be the like the guy who saw George Seifert at the airport. But if this is true, it would be a case of Whaley creating some buzz on WGR, and then hitting us with a signing like this a few hours later. If so, Russ Brandon is truly a master puppeteer.

Anyway, I like having mean guys playing linebacker for us. Kiko is not a nice guy on the field either. I will say the same about Lawson. Also, Schwartz likes coaching up mean guys who may be missing a wingnut or two.

Do the Bills use UB for medical checks? I always thought they had something on site

CBF

But he wouldn't be poking our players' eyes, he also has a beautiful dislike for the patriots right now.

I can't say I want the guy, but if he plays dirty against the Pats, I can live with him. ;)

Mark Gaughan@gggaughan 10m

Whaley sees Rivers as starter, Lawson as edge player. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/03/14/whaley-sees-rivers-starter-lawson-edge-player-schwartzs-defense/ …

I can't say I want the guy, but if he plays dirty against the Pats, I can live with him. ;)

This :devil: Plus maybe the refs will get confused and not call him for holding.

Skov is going to be a pro bowler IMO. all he does is make plays

We than trade back in the first round and pick up a second. We then take Ebron, Benjamin and Moses from VA to play RT. Or if Lewan falls trade back a couple spots, take hi; TE and deep WR class to pick from in second, and pick they get.

We than trade back in the first round and pick up a second. We then take Ebron, Benjamin and Moses from VA to play RT. Or if Lewan falls trade back a couple spots, take hi; TE and deep WR class to pick from in second, and pick they get.

IMO the Bills are not going to invest a high pick on a TE. They re-signed Chandler, they signed Moeaki, they drafted Gragg.

He mentioned it will be Kiko and Rivers on the outside, and mentioned Ty Powell as someone who may play inside and that they are looking at some guys in FA.

Surprised to hear Rivers on the outside cause I understood he struggled in space.

Who the hell is Ty Powell?

Maybe we can merge the thread I created months ago stating that Kiko should be at OLB and that MLB was thus probably our biggest need now, only to get ripped apart by all the geniuses on this board.

I've already laid claim to being the first. Are you ok with second place? :thumbsup:

IMO the Bills are not going to invest a high pick on a TE. They re-signed Chandler, they signed Moeaki, they drafted Gragg.

I agree, I think all the FA signings have been for 2 things: OT and WR...1st and 2nd round respectively, unless they trade back, and then I could them reversing that order but still those 2 positions...especially if they sign a big, run-thumping LB - Spikes or not

Maybe we can merge the thread I created months ago stating that Kiko should be at OLB and that MLB was thus probably our biggest need now, only to get ripped apart by all the geniuses on this board.

i sense a fight with beerball coming.

id say the jury may still be out on the effectiveness of the plan as we are bumping our best mlb to olb, our best olb to "edge player" and still have no mlb.... it may work out great,and in theory kiko at OLB isnt a bad idea, but its still got some moving pieces to settle.

i wouldnt say they are terribly tied to a december signing or 7th round pick though. it indicates they liked their potential, but i dont think by itself means either is near a lock to make the 53.

I've already laid claim to being the first. Are you ok with second place? :thumbsup:

I can vouch for this. We had this discussion in the shout box mid-season last year.

If we were staying in a 34, I'd have no problems with Kiko staying in the middle as I believe he was made to run sideline to sideline. But the ML in the 43 fronts is a lot more physically demanding and KIko just isn't built for the additional punishment.

No matter, he's gonna be on the field all the time and his ability will lend itself to WLB very well.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.cincyjung...scouting-report

Still, you can dig up internet opinion pieces that cover the entire gamut on Manny Lawson. He's an edge-rusher with zero coverage ability to a guy that really knows how to shut-down today's TEs, can play the run, and is a below-average pass rusher. The consensus is there is no consensus, sort of deal. Most likely he's just a solid, all-around Sam and there are not enough "ooh and aah" highlights in any one particular dimension to pass off too many hyperbolic claims.

Seems like Lawson would be best suited to play in our nickle package next to KIKO.. Can likely be effective vs run at DE in wide 9, Hughes can come in and rush the passer and Lawson can cover the TE in Man coverage situations.. While I would not personally run the new defense, if you look at Detroits players its hard to not think Buffalo has a lot more talent to work with on defense. Right now a MLB and a DE might be the only real needs on Defense barring injury.. I am ok with Searcy and wanna give Duke Willams and Meeks a shot at reserve roles this year if I'm GM

I would much prefer they go after Shane Skov in the third round. He is 6-2 250, Mosley smallish and injury prone.

totally agree with you , spikes is the bridge till skov is ready to play , actually makes sense. :thumbsup: ,,,, see rivers and kiko as 1-2 down olb then hughes and lawson take passing downs?