I'm mad as hell & I'm not gonna take it any more!

Virgil

When the Bills have a top 5-10 QB. Everything else is window dressing.

It will be interesting to see how the "team unity" aspect plays out with the Bills and Saints teams this year. The Bills obviously did not want to have an all-pro disgruntled player here. They could have slapped the tag on him and they chose not to. We'll see how that decision plays out. As for the Saints, I have a feeling they are going to have to contend with resentment and discord from some players remaining who feel they are underpaid or that they let too many of their buddies go to pay for Brees and the new comer Byrd. I'm sure Graham is very ticked off that they gave Byrd that huge contract and yet could not do the same for their own who has greatly helped in keeping them contenders.

Agree with all of that

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of teams have long active playoff droughts. Sure Buffalo's is the longest (since 1999), but picking a number is just picking a number (i.e. 15 years). Let's add the Raiders and Browns since 2002. Let's also add the Rams since 2004, and the Bucs and Jaguars since 2007. Looking at any of these teams and the reason why, you won't find that it's because they let a safety go between seasons. It comes down to poor quarterback play. PS - since their respective playoff appearances, all of those 5 teams have a lower winning percentage than even the Bills. End of story.

So every team has been to the playoffs since 2000 except this one, they continue to let good players walk, REGARDLESS of position.

But dont worry we just signed a guard to be a starter who graded out to be the worst player on his team last year. :thumbsup:

Plenty of teams have long active playoff droughts. Sure Buffalo's is the longest (since 1999), but picking a number is just picking a number (i.e. 15 years). Let's add the Raiders and Browns since 2002. Let's also add the Rams since 2004, and the Bucs and Jaguars since 2007. Looking at any of these teams and the reason why, you won't find that it's because they let a safety go between seasons. It comes down to poor quarterback play. PS - since their respective playoff appearances, all of those 5 teams have a lower winning percentage than even the Bills. End of story.

How ironic you're mocking fans who are fed up with losing when you have that quote as your signature.

Couldn't sign Poz because money was needed for Levitre, couldn't sign Levitre because money was needed for Byrd, couldn't sign Byrd because money is needed for Dareus, won't sign Dareus because money will be needed for Glenn, won't sign Glenn because money is needed for Kiko and that is how you miss the playoffs for 15 years.

Couldn't sign Poz because money was needed for Levitre, couldn't sign Levitre because money was needed for Byrd, couldn't sign Byrd because money is needed for Dareus, won't sign Dareus because money will be needed for Glenn, won't sign Glenn because money is needed for Kiko and that is how you miss the playoffs for 15 years.

Gold Jerry, Pure gold!!!

replace Levitre with Williams- that is how you miss out on the playoffs this millenium

So paying ~$8 million/year for a guard is how you make the playoffs?

I get the point, but Poz and Levitre were both overpaid and we'll see if Byrd really is worth $9 million (though I think that's a bit much). Dareus and Glenn play less expendable positions so let's just see what Whaley has in mind.

Edited by Big C

When the Bills have a top 5-10 QB. Everything else is window dressing.

It will be interesting to see how the "team unity" aspect plays out with the Bills and Saints teams this year. The Bills obviously did not want to have an all-pro disgruntled player here. They could have slapped the tag on him and they chose not to. We'll see how that decision plays out. As for the Saints, I have a feeling they are going to have to contend with resentment and discord from some players remaining who feel they are underpaid or that they let too many of their buddies go to pay for Brees and the new comer Byrd. I'm sure Graham is very ticked off that they gave Byrd that huge contract and yet could not do the same for their own who has greatly helped in keeping them contenders.

I dont care about his feelings, the Bills had the right to franchise him, so we let him go for nothing. That has been discussing at length already.

Anyway your right , until we get a legit QB this cycle will continue and we still don't know what we have in E.J.

Well at least they did get a lineman. I hope it helps Freddie and CJ find some running room this year.

But the Saints dont care about Gramhans feeling either. They had the right to franchise him and they did.

its called create a hole , fill it on the cheap.

Hows that working out ?? :wallbash:

Yeah remember this post when we are 5-11 and the Saints are in the playoffs

Until the Bills release the details of their offer that is all speculation.

do teams ever release details of their turned down offers?

Yeah remember this post when we are 5-11 and the Saints are in the playoffs

saints have one of the best players at the most important positions. They were going to the playoffs with or with out byrd no matter how disgruntled their TE/WR is. Edited by kr632

So every team has been to the playoffs since 2000 except this one, they continue to let good players walk, REGARDLESS of position.

But dont worry we just signed a guard to be a starter who graded out to be the worst player on his team last year. :thumbsup:

Using your logic, every team in the NFL has been to the playoffs since 1998. ALL of them, including Buffalo. Done. See how easy it is to pick whatever time frame you like and yet still not make a point? I'm not worried either. I would much rather have a guy that's 6-6 and 340 pounds playing the position than 6-1 and 280 soaking wet. That IS what we had last year, and even he looked decent playing next to Glenn and Wood. How many times do we need to see 3rd and 1 runs get stuffed because our guys can't move the pile?

i don't think this is the samew ole bills. i think it's worse. this is now, more clearly than ever, asset protection only. the board of directors goal is to make the team as valuable and simultaneously sellable as possible. signing or resigning high priced free agents clearly isn't part of the calculus. neither is retaining good coaches. as a consequence, neither is winning.

Every team in the league botches up draft picks, loses players to free agency, and has to cut good players due to the cap. I seriously doubt the Bills are any worse off in these departments than any other team over the last decade+.

But what they have sucked royally at is having solid management (esp. GM and HC) and developing a franchise QB.

I would dare to say that they would be able to let a Jairus Byrd - type player walk EVERY YEAR (kind of like the Pats seem to) if they can get their acts straight in management and QB.

NO overpaid for Byrd. Plain and simple. Glad the Bills chose not to.

Who cares if the Saints overpaid. The fact they overpaid means Byrd had value and, considering the ties between Marrone and New Orleans, could have been worked out in a sign and trade had they used the tag. They didn't. Byrd left for nothing. That's a loss for the Bills, only a blind optimist (which if you are, more power to you) or a complete fool would classify yesterday as anything other than a failure for OBD.

Who cares if the Saints overpaid. The fact they overpaid means Byrd had value and, considering the ties between Marrone and New Orleans, could have been worked out in a sign and trade had they used the tag. They didn't. Byrd left for nothing. That's a loss for the Bills, only a blind optimist (which if you are, more power to you) or a complete fool would classify yesterday as anything other than a failure for OBD.

The only plausible rationale (KtD theory) is that in seeking out a trade, Bills heard that they wouldn't get higher than a 4th round pick for Byrd, so they're rolling the dice that they will get a comp 3rd rounder. Of course, a 4th pick in a deep 2014 class is probably worth the same as a 3rd pick in 2015.

saints have one of the best players at the most important positions. They were going to the playoffs with or with out byrd no matter how disgruntled their TE/WR is.

Thanks for pointing that out LOL. The guy I responded to inferred that Byrd's contract would tear apart the team and they won't win

i don't think this is the samew ole bills. i think it's worse. this is now, more clearly than ever, asset protection only. the board of directors goal is to make the team as valuable and simultaneously sellable as possible. signing or resigning high priced free agents clearly isn't part of the calculus. neither is retaining good coaches. as a consequence, neither is winning.

This could be true. The value of the team is both the appreciation of the asset, and your annual profits. Annual profits can be bumped by cutting costs, and high priced players is that cost