Revis a Patriot / Bucs cut Revis

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay? I already know part of the Bills gameplay against the Pats. Make Revis cover Stevie as much as possible. Their secondary is still pretty terrible though.... Tons and tons of busts there.

Edited by Fingon

We look at our FA moves & theirs and we wonder why they are among the best in the entire league & still wonder why we get no respect simply amazing !!!

Well this will make it what 11 or 12 year in the play offs for them & we will be 14… or will it be 15 years out of the play offs ? HMMM .

It may have been because he hadn't had the full year of recovery normally needed before we see players return to previous form, but Revis wasn't Revis last year, especially in the back-end speed department. He was sluggish out there.

GO BILLS!!!

Why do Bills fans talk like Stevie owns Revis. Stevie averages like 70 yards a game against him. Better than most against Revis, but is that really owning a guy? Revis is basically so good that a WR who can put together a few average games against him "owns" him. This signing sucks any way you look at it. I hate the fuggin Pats with irrational intensity. This makes it harder to beat them. Something the Bills have done twice in Tom Brady's career.

Easy answer is that NO ONE else averages anything against him. It's quirky to say the least. Revis handles some bigger AND faster guys better, but Stevie gets his catches and yards. If you think 70 yards and scores are easy, that's up to your opinion. If you look at the actual numbers, Stevie is an outlier statistically.

Easy answer is that NO ONE else averages anything against him. It's quirky to say the least. Revis handles some bigger AND faster guys better, but Stevie gets his catches and yards. If you think 70 yards and scores are easy, that's up to your opinion. If you look at the actual numbers, Stevie is an outlier statistically.

You're making my point for me. I wish the Bills had a corner so good that when he gives up 70 yards once or twice a year that it was considered he got owned.

You also need to remember that Stevie did this with a veteran QB that he had developed considerable chemistry with. Now he's got a 2nd year guy with 10 starts under his belt throwing him the ball. Stevie's game is much different than most receivers due to his route running. Look at the KC INT reception last year to see what happens when Stevie's route is so good and unpredictable with an inexperienced QB throwing the ball. Say what you will about Fitz, but if he's the QB in that game he hits a wide open Stevie for the TD and the Bills win.

Point is there's no guarantee Stevie can "own" Revis next year to the tune of 70 yards. Any Bills fan that doesn't think this makes the Pats much harder to beat with or without Stevie is delusional.

The rich get richer. It's nice the Bills are finally adding veteran depth instead of relying on UDFA's, late round picks, street FA's, and waiver wire pickups, but is it enough to get them from mediocre to passable? Not when your opponents can make moves like this.

Agreed. Saints get Byrd. Bronco's 4-5 guys, Pats here, saw where Jared Allen is considering Seahawks...............All the "stars" on their last contracts or so seem to flock to winners for that super bowl run

It may have been because he hadn't had the full year of recovery normally needed before we see players return to previous form, but Revis wasn't Revis last year, especially in the back-end speed department. He was sluggish out there.

GO BILLS!!!

https://twitter.com/...197084913901569

Just in case you somehow thought Darrelle Revis had a down year, his +18.2 @PFF grade in 2013 led all CBs.

Revis is who BB wanted all along. And why not .... the guy tilts 1/2 of the field each game.

Edited by Pneumonic

Why do Bills fans talk like Stevie owns Revis. Stevie averages like 70 yards a game against him. Better than most against Revis, but is that really owning a guy? Revis is basically so good that a WR who can put together a few average games against him "owns" him. This signing sucks any way you look at it. I hate the fuggin Pats with irrational intensity. This makes it harder to beat them. Something the Bills have done twice in Tom Brady's career.

In fairness to Stevie and his 70 yds/gm, he actually gets open far more often than his stats would indicate, but the ball doesn't always get there. If Stevie had a top tier QB throwing the football, you'd see much more than 70 yds/gm against Revis...

We probably could but if you have a choice where to make $12M where would you rather play?

WHOOOOOOOOOSH.

C'mon, three people thought I was serious? I thought I loaded that post with enough stereotypical and misinformed responses that everyone would get it.