whats wrong with Thad Lewis?

I don't understand everyone! He played decent for a backup In most of the games he played in. If I remember right, a lot of people on this board wanted him to start over EJ!

You guys need to understand, all QBs are not Brady, Manning, Rodgers and so on...

I think Thad is a decent backup.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand everyone! He played decent for a backup In most of the games he played in. If I remember right, a lot of people on this board wanted him to start over EJ!

You guys need to understand, all QBs are not Brady, Manning, Rodgers and so on...

I think he a good backup.

He put the ball on the ground too much. If the Bills dont upgrade during the draft I could live with Lewis as the backup this year.

The problem with Thad Lewis is that he didn't enter the NFL with Kiper and McShay giving him a tongue bath.

Who said that we hate Thad Lewis?

I don't think he's a league starter, and I've vigorously defended EJ as the teams starter, even if Thad's lows haven't been as low as EJ's. But Thad is a very nice backup plan. He isn't good enough that he'll win the game for you, but he typically can manage it well enough for the run game and defense to win it.

I think he a good backup.

He put the ball on the ground too much. If the Bills dont upgrade during the draft I could live with Lewis as the backup this year.

They can fix that. And Manuel put it on the ground too! Now I'm not saying that Thad should start, but when I see it this is first time in a while, the bills have a decent backup QB.

They can fix that. And Manuel put it on the ground too! Now I'm not saying that Thad should start, but when I see it this is first time in a while, the bills have a decent backup QB.

I think its a "heaven forbid we keep trying to add talent at qb" situation more than a "omg Thad Lewis will ruin this team."

No one expects Thad to be Brady or Rogers or even romo - so in that sense you may find the discussion less offensive if you reevaluate the assumptions you are bringing to it

Edited by NoSaint

I like Thad as a back up. He doesnt play scared, hes athletic with a decent arm. I agree he puts the ball on the ground to much for my liking but that is a issue they can fix.

i agree with this post. You don't want your backup to be scared. You need a guy that can step in and have the confidence to win. Yeah, he fumbles too much. That's why he's the backup. I think the Bills will find another vet or UDFA (I want Savage from Pitt) to compete with him in preseason.

Why do we do this to ourselves as fans year after year? Thad Lewis did nothing special in college and nothing special with his opportunities to start while EJ was injured. It is absolutely irrelevant that EJ performed about the same as a starter, as he was drafted to BE the starter. When all is said and done, EJ absolutely should be the starter for at least the next 2 years. If he doesn't show improvement this year, then the third year will certainly be the hot seat for him. So the OP asks the question of "what's wrong with Thad Lewis"? The question really needs to be qualified to deserve a proper answer. As a backup (which is what he is), there's nothing wrong with him. Similar playing style and demonstrated ability (so far) to EJ IMO makes him a quality backup. As a starter, I have no interest in him what so ever. At some point, we as fans have to let our team endure the growing pains instead of simply wanting to move on. That is absolutely the only way this team will actually get better.

I thought he played with a lot of guts. He seems like a great kid with high character, good football intelligence, etc. That said, if he ends up starting a lot of games because of another EJ injury, then I'm picturing myself back to looking at draft position in December as opposed to figuring out how to make another trip to the Ralph to see us make a run at the playoffs.

As a backup (which is what he is), there's nothing wrong with him.

I agree.