Latest from Kiper & McShay

Beerball

He is a Bills fan?

wow. Im smitten

And FWIW, he and CJ are pretty tight. I could be on board with this pick IF they run some flipping screens with him if we have him. 60% or something of his catches last year were off of screens and he is nasty with YAC. I know I like him a lot more than Evans and Benjamin based on what I have seen from all of them, from a pure "NFL Ready" perspective. Imagine having to account for CJ, Watkins, SJ in the slot, Woods, Goodwin as a deep threat? Then throw in Barden/Kauffman/Elliot/rookie tall WR as a big target and use Chandler and pick up another TE in the draft? Oh and don't forget EJ can run too so you need to account for that. Build up the OL still...2nd-3rd rd pick or FA, but man... does Hackett have a playbook big enough?

I'm torn between wanting a guy like Mosely to keep building up this defense (I am fascinated with the Seahawks defense) and the shiny new toy in a guy like Watkins. I also feel winning the LOS is important and nothing will work unless EJ has a decent pocket, no matter who we roll out there at WR or TE.

I also heard them on Mike & Mike this a.m. talking about the QBs and saying that Manziel has a late 1st rd grade but will go in the top 5, maybe 1. They said no obvious franchise QBs in this draft, they would not be surprised to see Clowney go 1.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy Watkins is from my area of Florida, he stated on a local news interview that the Bills are his favorite team. He said he does not care for the Dolphins, even though they are the local "home" team. I would have no problem seeing him in the red, white and blue!

I don't know anything about this guy, but I am now a big Sammy Watkins fan.

To me Watkins and Matthews are the two extremes for me in the draft. I really want Watkins. He is a number 1 WR in the NFL that makes plays. I said it elsewhere but he is the full sized version of Desean Jackson. Explosive, but actually is a lot more polished than he gets credit for.

Matthews to me is overrated (and I have seen lots of A&M because of Johnny). He will end up being a solid RT in my opinion. The Bills already have a really good young LT and that is the only OL position that I would ever consider in the top 10. I could deal with Robinson because he may just be such a physical freak that he becomes an all-time great. He would not be my first choice either because you can find starting lineman all over the draft.

Watkins or Mack and if neither is there then trade back. If they do that then I am open to filling any of the needs with BPA (Ebron, Lewan, Mosley Lee, etc...)

If Watkins falls to 9 they will be in prime trading position just like they were last year with Austin. San Francisco needs a WR and has a boatload of picks to offer in a trade. I'd trade down here and use the extra picks to grab a bigger WR later on, as well as a LB and a Guard.

I just had a vision of Watkins on the Niners.... wow.

If the Niners got Watkins I think that they would be like 14-2 or 15-1 and win the Super Bowl. They are really good already but if you add a Percy Harvin type to that team (which they seriously lack) -my goodness.

Which they seem to want to always try to keep up with Seattle and Harbaugh is a maniac about that.

If Watkins falls to 9 they will be in prime trading position just like they were last year with Austin. San Francisco needs a WR and has a boatload of picks to offer in a trade. I'd trade down here and use the extra picks to grab a bigger WR later on, as well as a LB and a Guard.

I don't want my first pick to be #30.

Then trade back up after you aquire a bunch of picks from SF. But there are too many roster holes not to explore this option.

Then again, Cleveland probably should've sat tight and taken Julio Jones. I guess it's all about what you do with the extra picks.

If the Niners got Watkins I think that they would be like 14-2 or 15-1 and win the Super Bowl. They are really good already but if you add a Percy Harvin type to that team (which they seriously lack) -my goodness.

We would need to get a ton of picks in order to trade w/ the 49ers. They REALLY need him and could beat Seattle, I would want their first this year, second this year, and second next year unless they make the NFC Championship game, in which case we get their 1st next year (if you can make a trade w/ a contingency like that).

I'm not big on that either, but, the draft is deep at positions of need. We could potentially take Jordan Matthews from Vandy at 30 or K. Bengamin, then take LB's, TE in 2nd.

Edited by RyanC883

... I also heard them on Mike & Mike this a.m. talking about the QBs and saying that Manziel has a late 1st rd grade but will go in the top 5, maybe 1. They said no obvious franchise QBs in this draft, they would not be surprised to see Clowney go 1.

This says more about the dearth of QB talent in the NFL than anything else. No position comes close to exemplifying "reaching for need" than the QB position.

People get pissed at the Bills for reaching for EJ at 16 (never mind the additional picks on the trade down). Can you imagine if he was selected in the top 5?

GO BILLS!!!

This says more about the dearth of QB talent in the NFL than anything else. No position comes close to exemplifying "reaching for need" than the QB position.

People get pissed at the Bills for reaching for EJ at 16 (never mind the additional picks on the trade down). Can you imagine if he was selected in the top 5?

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly. Lots of teams need QBs this year and those that do, tend to be drafting high. The QBs this year that are rated highest are rated just high enough that those top 5-10 teams that need one can't afford to pass on them, but low enough that it is still a reach based on where they fall on the big boards. QBs always tend to be overdrafted because they are the most important position on the team and it is so hard to identify, hit on, and develop a franchise QB. No one really has any idea how good or bad these guys will be in the NFL. I saw Blake Bortles play at OSU last year and thought he was just horrible, and that was not a good OSU defense. He seemingly improved a lot, but for 3 1/2 qtrs against a Baylor defense that also isn't known to be strong he looked like a 3rd round pick at best. Now I read he could be the next Luck. Whatever. Maybe he will be, who the heck knows. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not in favor of that. Playmakers are so rare and Watkins is that. You're not going to get him or anything like him at any position at 30 or in the 2nd. And I presume the 'bust factor' escalates as you move down.

I look at it this way: If Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitz or hell Andre Reed was available at 9…..you take him. You don't trade down and settle for lesser playmakers.

That being said, SW better be a special talent and a great kid for the Bills to take ANOTHER WR with the huge holes they have elsewhere.

1. Trade down a few spots and hopefully still get Ebron

2. I would be ok with Watkins at 9

3. If no trade down available, I still probably go Ebron over best available OT especially if a couple are already off the board.

Wildcards for me is how does Mack fit into a Scwartz led defense and how many QB's get drafted 1-8. If three get picked plus Clowney that means the second best non QB is now getting picked at number 5 and the whole talent pool is pushed down. It is not inconceivable that 4 could go before pick 9 with Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel all possibilities. With the Texans, Jags, Raiders, Browns, and Vikings needing QB's it is possible a huge run on QB's could happen rivaling 1983. Throw in St. Louis at number 2(who should go WR or OL) but might also go QB since this a luxury pick from the Redskins and the top 8 of the draft could be crazy.

I would not be pleased with a OT, especially when I considered Robinson a better player. I like Watkins as a player but I'm struggling to see how he is much different than SJ/ Woods. Maybe SW is a little more athletic. But IMO, that's not our need. Get me a beast at wr (not jsut big but a beast) or Ebron.

I think that Watkins is more than a little more athletic than SJ , we'll see at the combine. Further, Watkins has been extremely productive.

I am not yet saying that Watkins should be their choice, but I think he should be a candidate.

I don't know anything about this guy, but I am now a big Sammy Watkins fan.

+1, lol.

I assume you two don't watch much college football.

Watkins has been a very good WR for the past couple of seasons and IMO is the most NFL ready WR in the draft. And while I think the Bills have bigger needs at other positions, I could get used to the idea of drafting Watkins.

Having said that, I would not be opposed to trading down in the draft.