Flea confirms RHCP guitars unplugged during SB halftime

FluffHead

Makes sense to me *shrugs*

As long as musicians aren't miming their concerts, I don't care if they have to fake it sometimes for special events. A lot of times logistics just don't line up.

Yea, nobody has played a guitar live at the SB in decades. Between potential issues with frequencies in the stadium, sound check time, and a host of other possible problems- it just doesn't make sense.

personally I hate these big half time shows. It totally destroys the normal activities a team does at half time or at least the timing and pacing of halftime. Plus most of these shows sucks and if on grass fields tear them up. If they want a half time show how about just show some of the greatest highlights of the year on the big screens and keep it to the normal 15 minutes.

personally I hate these big half time shows. It totally destroys the normal activities a team does at half time or at least the timing and pacing of halftime. Plus most of these shows sucks and if on grass fields tear them up. If they want a half time show how about just show some of the greatest highlights of the year on the big screens and keep it to the normal 15 minutes.

It's all about the $$ and getting people to watch. Nobody will want to watch the year's highlights when they can find it online, nor does anyone care about marching bands anymore (sadly). The acts are getting back to the bizarre and immature - I think the league got away from that after the "wardrobe malfunction", but it's now returning to the less-than-classy acts now.

That said, I thought Bruno Mars did a good job until the Chili Peppers went out there, faked playing music, and turned it into a freak show.

It's all about the $$ and getting people to watch. Nobody will want to watch the year's highlights when they can find it online, nor does anyone care about marching bands anymore (sadly). The acts are getting back to the bizarre and immature - I think the league got away from that after the "wardrobe malfunction", but it's now returning to the less-than-classy acts now.

That said, I thought Bruno Mars did a good job until the Chili Peppers went out there, faked playing music, and turned it into a freak show.

Exactly. Because Bruno Mars wasn't singing to a soundtrack or anything... :rolleyes:

With wireless technology, I don't understand how it is too hard for them to set up to play live anymore.

They use it all the time at their shows. I guess the excuse this time was that they didn't want any sound issues in the stadium. :huh:

I just wonder why they didn't just come out and say they didn't want to be electrocuted when it started to rain...

With wireless technology, I don't understand how it is too hard for them to set up to play live anymore.

the first challenge is with all the other production (tv and game) im guessing there are frequency challenges. then additionally if you get some sort of equipment hiccup you literally have zero time or ability to fix it, whereas a concert they can take 15-30 seconds between songs or have guys running around while they play.

this isnt a concert, its a show and with that come different expectations to fill (if that makes sense).

the first challenge is with all the other production (tv and game) im guessing there are frequency challenges. then additionally if you get some sort of equipment hiccup you literally have zero time or ability to fix it, whereas a concert they can take 15-30 seconds between songs or have guys running around while they play.

this isnt a concert, its a show and with that come different expectations to fill (if that makes sense).

As you mentioned sound check is a huge part of a live performance. Even in a small club let alone a performance in front of a stadium sized audience televised to millions. Even with a sound check very few bands hit the stage playing. I don't see the big deal. You don't like the acts or the fake performance of an act you like don't watch. I love live shows and I still go to plenty of them and have tons of DVD's of live shows I watch. Super Bowl is not about the music for me. It's dinner time, pee break and an opportunity to check and see if the world is still out there.