Flea confirms RHCP guitars unplugged during SB halftime

FluffHead

me

Me, too. As one lucky enough to see RHCP with Frusciante, I can tell you that they were super tight.

I'm a huge RHCP fan, but not of anything post-Frusciante.

Flea's little letter was pure crap. Any excuses for sound checks, set up, etc. - also pure crap. It's a 4-piece band with one vocalist for one !@#$ing song. Please.

They sold out. Period. No way in hell does a Frusciante-era RHCP a) agree to play second fiddle to Bruno !@#$ing Mars or b) fake it.

They are an irrelevant, desperate band and they did what irrelevant, desperate bands do .... They sold out and went against what they once stood for.

End of the world? Not even close. It's not a big deal at all. But I, for one, was disappointed. It didn't take much to tell the music wasn't live. I called it about 10 seconds into the song, watching that idiot new guitarist flail around like a jackass.

Meh. Call me when Frusciante comes back. Otherwise, you're nothing but a traveling karaoke act.

Edited by Gugny

Otherwise, you're nothing but a traveling karaoke act.

And even a traveling karaoke act has their real singing going for them. In the case of the Super Bowl, it was canned all the way around. I get the point that it is a spectacle and they want everbody to hear their CD version. But, faking it is still faking it. Take a chance and try to nail it, then we will see how good they really are when comparing it up against their studio sound.

And even a traveling karaoke act has their real singing going for them. In the case of the Super Bowl, it was canned all the way around. I get the point that it is a spectacle and they want everbody to hear their CD version. But, faking it is still faking it. Take a chance and try to nail it, then we will see how good they really are when comparing it up against their studio sound.

Wrong.......again. Kiedis was singing live.