EJ knee surgery, Tim Graham questions, draft QB?

I hope that EJ and other players don't take the attitude of the local press as indicative of how the fans feel about things.

While Graham likes to shill for certain players, I don't think he'll be getting a Christmas card from the Manuels any time soon.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what the opinion is around here on Manuel or the consensus on Graham but I must say that I could understand the logic of the Bills drafting another QB with our 1st rd pick this year. If we have the opportunity to select a blue chip QB regardless of how we do it than 'm of the mindset that we do it, even if that means we trade up to do it.

As far as Manuel goes he may very well be our franchise QB but I believe that we could never have enough good/great players at the most important position on a team. EJ has shown a propensity of not staying healthy so far and I do wonder about some of his decision making. When he pushed for those couple of extra yards against the Browns and sprained his right LCL it actually pissed me off. This kid has to be smarter than this, especially that he already made the first down and Hoyer was even knocked out earlier in the game. EJ must realize that there is a whole community and franchise depending on him. Like I said previously I don't how others around here perceive EJ but I must say that after his first season he hasn't given me the most confidence in him or has put me at ease about the future of this team. It's been way too long since we were ever considered a threat to do something and I'm not wanting to wait another couple of years to find out if all of hopes are pinned to someone who may not be the solution. I remember when Kelly came here how you just knew that there was something about him. The way this whole region got so jacked up about him. I was at that Jets' game where that "Kelly is God" sign was hung out. Btw, I never agreed with that blasphemous sentiment but that was feeling around here. I never got that impression with EJ, it was more that some of of us are just hoping that he's the answer. Anyways here's a link to today's article from Graham and I can't say that I really disagree with his logic even though I would love for us to take a big time LB with our first pick in this year's draft.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/tim-graham/draft-another-qb-its-business-not-personal-20140130?two-bills-drive

Edited by Sisyphean Bills
fix link

The accuracy think is way overblown IMO too. Saw some incredible displays of accuracy during this season.

To be fair, we also saw some incredible displays of inaccuracy from EJ. Very up and down in that area.

kj

I've been one who thinks running TG off this board was unjust and childish. But with that in mind, TG could have made a statement such as, "I don't know if they should (Draft another QB) but you can answer that question by playing well next season"...he side-steps the question while giving EJ a chance to BE the QB the BILLS and all of us fans hope he can and will be.

Nobody ran TG off this board except TG. He threw a hissy fit over some fairly innocuous criticism. He simply does not like to be disagreed with. Ample evidence of this.

I read a article today on Rumblings where Tim Graham was talking to EJ at a short interview at the SB & the subject of drafting another QB this year came up, EJ asked Graham if he thought the Bills should draft another QB & his answer to EJ was yes of which i agree .

In the comments under the story some of the people agree'd with Graham but more than not thought he was be a smart ass which i did not understand ? Graham has 1 been on the inside of the NFL a lot more than any fan here or on Rumblings . I am not saying that that makes him a "football guy" but it does give him more in your face experience than any of us .

By giving his opinion that the Bills need to draft another QB i don't think he was being arrogant in any way, he was just stating that given what EJ did last year, what was thought about some of his skill set coming out of college that the Bills shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket . Look at what happened when they did that with Fitz, they are still paying for that one & will have monies on the cap for it this year .

Graham says that the competition shouldn't scare EJ it should make him better & given the way the fan base thinks about Tuel (after ONE START) & seeing what our back brought to the table to stop where they are at as far as the QB position would be very foolish to just assume that EJ is the end all be all .

If you look at winning teams they always seem to have a very good back up plan . In fact look at over the years what the Pats have done besides do nothing but win . It seems like they always have a really good QB to fall back on, Draft QB's almost every year to develop & later trade them for more draft picks so what is wrong with what Graham thinks about drafting another QB .

I think nothing & who knows it is a long shot but lets say (and i hope this doesn't happen) But lets say EJ continues to for what ever reason getting sidelined & can't develop the way the Bills want him to & we have another highly touted QB in the back ground that sits & learns the scheme, EJ goes down & the back up comes in & pulls a Brady & does nothing but win i would rather do that then have the FO pull what they did with T Jack blow 2.25 million & a draft pick on a guy that never even sees the active roster BRILLIANT !!

Besides like Graham said it's business not personal !!

Your Turn ...

Edited by T master

Graham shows who he is when he "conveniently" edits out the fact that he asked EJ his opinion on drafting a FIRST ROUND Qb, not just drafting another QB. He is trying to make Manuel look like a malcontent when he is just acting like anyone else would when challenged.

Edit: appears it's at the bottom of his story, after he's set the tone. Still bush league.

Unfortunately, I think the ceiling for EJ Manuel is a game manager. I just don't see a guy who can be a franchsie QB. Plus his fragile knees are a concern. Keep drafting a QB in the top two rounds until we know the Bills have a legit franchise QB- the position is too valuable and time is wasting.

If you look at winning teams they always seem to have a very good back up plan . In fact look at over the years what the Pats have done besides do nothing but win . It seems like they always have a really good QB to fall back on, Draft QB's almost every year to develop & later trade them for more draft picks so what is wrong with what Graham thinks about drafting another QB .

The Pats don't draft first round QBs. Ever. Haven't since Bledsoe.

I read a article today on Rumblings where Tim Graham was talking to EJ at a short interview at the SB & the subject of drafting another QB this year came up, EJ asked Graham if he thought the Bills should draft another QB & his answer to EJ was yes of which i agree .

In the comments under the story some of the people agree'd with Graham but more than not thought he was be a smart ass which i did not understand ? Graham has 1 been on the inside of the NFL a lot more than any fan here or on Rumblings . I am not saying that that makes him a "football guy" but it does give him more in your face experience than any of us .

By giving his opinion that the Bills need to draft another QB i don't think he was being arrogant in any way, he was just stating that given what EJ did last year, what was thought about some of his skill set coming out of college that the Bills shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket . Look at what happened when they did that with Fitz, they are still paying for that one & will have monies on the cap for it this year .

Graham says that the competition shouldn't scare EJ it should make him better & given the way the fan base thinks about Tuel (after ONE START) & seeing what our back brought to the table to stop where they are at as far as the QB position would be very foolish to just assume that EJ is the end all be all .

I think nothing & who knows it is a long shot but lets say (and i hope this doesn't happen) But lets say EJ continues to for what ever reason getting sidelined & can't develop the way the Bills want him to & we have another highly touted QB in the back ground that sits & learns the scheme, EJ goes down & the back up comes in & pulls a Brady & does nothing but win i would rather do that then have the FO pull what they did with T Jack blow 2.25 million & a draft pick on a guy that never even sees the active roster BRILLIANT !!

Your Turn ...

It was Graham's half-assed attempt to replicate the Richard Sherman "In Your Face - Look at Me" media approach. In this case, the tables were turned and Graham made a smart ass comment to a player who is well liked (and mostly unproven as a rookie). EJ is a bright kid...he will think twice about giving an interview to this knucklehead in the future...and when that happens, Timbo will cry on his Twitter page about his lack of access to EJ. Not a big fan.

Have you ever been to a Dr. with a problem? They don't do sh*t unless they have to thanks to the insurance companies. I've had neck, shoulder and back issues and they won't even take an MRI until I go through 6 weeks of physical therapy first. If there is any improvement with physical therapy they won't order the MRI. With my shoulder they actually gave me the MRI and when it was discovered that I had a partially torn rotator cuff they didn't order surgery it was, "just keep doing the exercises." Years and years later I still have to do those exercises 3-4 times a week because if I don't my shoulder feels like sh*t.

So yeah, guys in the NFL get different treatment than the rest of us because they have a financial backer who doesn't mind paying for all the procedures.

when I started reading your post I forst thought you were going to argue with me. I immediately got pissed. Then I realized you were just agreeing with me. Good post.

Heard on the radio this morning that EJ says he will wear a brace going forward. Not sure if its a permenant thing or only temporary

CBF

not sure if the radio was wrong or if he was misquoted. But yesterday he apparently said he would wear a brace for all games this upcoming season. That didn't mean permanently. There's a difference.

But then again, I just heard from media that it was this upcoming year. So either/neither of us could be correct.

not sure if the radio was wrong or if he was misquoted. But yesterday he apparently said he would wear a brace for all games this upcoming season. That didn't mean permanently. There's a difference.

But then again, I just heard from media that it was this upcoming year. So either/neither of us could be correct.

I’ll probably wear a brace from here on out.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/breaking-transcript-of-ej-manuel-interview-thursday-afternoon/

Your Turn ...

If Graham had a history of NOT taking things personally and then making thins personal in return, I'd be more apt to believe he wrote his follow-up column for any other reason. It's not the interview with EJ; he asked a question and EJ shut him down. Happens all the time. The fact that Graham had to pile on with his column is what I question. He's simply not a professional in any way other than that he gets paid.

GO BILLS!!!

So would you rather it go:

TG: So EJ, what do you think of the coaching changes for the Bills?

EJ: I'm really excited to get to work! I think it is going to be great to work with the new guys and have a great season!

like every other dumb ass question these guys get asked constantly?

Like the question or not, at least TG asked something different. If Manuel didn't like it, all he had to say was "next question".

So would you rather it go:

TG: So EJ, what do you think of the coaching changes for the Bills?

EJ: I'm really excited to get to work! I think it is going to be great to work with the new guys and have a great season!

like every other dumb ass question these guys get asked constantly?

Like the question or not, at least TG asked something different. If Manuel didn't like it, all he had to say was "next question".

EJ obviously didn't like it and ended the interview. He'll learn to deal better with the Tim Graham's of the world. To his credit, he didn't lose his cool to the point of ripping Graham a new one.

Why wasn't it OK for Graham to just let it go as well?

GO BILLS!!!

EJ obviously didn't like it and ended the interview. He'll learn to deal better with the Tim Graham's of the world. To his credit, he didn't lose his cool to the point of ripping Graham a new one.

Why wasn't it OK for Graham to just let it go as well?

GO BILLS!!!

He clearly should have. But maybe a feud with him involved is good biz for him? Who knows what these guys think.