EJ knee surgery, Tim Graham questions, draft QB?

Didn't TG just have a twit-fit over some Marrone comment? Something Tim was trying to spin as lack of commitment to winning on Marrone's part? TG huffed and puffed about it and no one cared.

This strikes me as another LAMP moment by TG. Digging up turds and telling us they might be gold. I'm embarrassed for him.

PTR

Actually it was a tweet about questioning Thad Lewis. Taking an innocent comment and spinning out out of lunar orbit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/416971744683892737

This is the sort of nonsense that is TG's rep now. So sad.

PTR

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea I had a ton of respect for TG (years ago), but he has so many of these little episodes and has always come off as soft-skinned. He isn't that great of a reporter, left this forum in laughable fashion, has had twitter beefs, and then this. He's a goof.

This! I fail to understand why everyone is smacking TG, the response EJ gave is alarming to say the least. Why be so arrogant as to ask if he thinks they should draft a new QB. The kid has proven nothing, nothing. That he hasnt proven anything isnt a big issue btw, he had a rough rookie campaign. I'll reserve judgement for his second season. But the response EJ gave is telling in the sense that he thinks he has arrived. I dont think it will do much with regards to his working ethic but the mental part of it is what worries me. Throughout the year more and more evidence was presented about some mental issues with EJ and being arrogant does not equal being confidenent on the field. It's a sign of an underlaying feeling of being insecure.

It's not arrogance, it's defiance. I love how Manuel handled the agenda driven questions. He challenged the reporters to stop with the BS and tell him to his face that they think he's a bust after one season.

In doing so, Manuel let Graham climb into his little dingy. The one which can hold the amount of football reporters who are willing to publicly go on record as to knowing EJ Manuel is a bust after one season.

A "professional" reporter would ask in general whether he would be upset if the drafted another QB this year. By specifically mentioning the first round, these reporters were clearly looking for a confrontation. By Manuel asking the question of whether they think the Bills should draft a QB in the first round this year, he was able to let them show themselves how stupid these Buffalo News guys are. Only an idiot gives a first round QB only one year to prove he's the guy. Graham is an idiot.

BTW, Manuel didn't have a rough rookie season, he had a very normal rookie QB season. Look at Eli Manning's stats if you want to see a rough rookie season.

I was talking from the context of what is written in the article. Sorry if that was unclear. Was EJ really angry? Or was he registering someone on his crow-eating list? The use of the term "handler", etc. is suggestive, is it not? The article paints a certain picture. That picture is of someone that ducked and ran in a face of adversity or maybe was dragged away by this "handler" person. The job of an NFL QB is one that puts someone squarely in the crosshairs, so dealing with the doubters comes with the territory.

In this instance, the reader has no idea what was going on after this meeting and maybe EJ had somewhere else to be. Being defensive seems like a normal reaction to someone implying you may not be very good at your job and many people would have just walked away. Others might have realized they had "stepped in it" and laughed it off, confident that a reporter's opinion wasn't of serious importance. Others might have said something in their own defense. Some might have set civility aside, and "thrown their gloves off" and got into a verbal or physical altercation. Finally, some few might have seized the situation as an opportunity to speak their own mind freely and describe what the plan of action was moving forward, how adversity drives them, etc.

You have had the opportunity to contemplate the correct reaction. I'm assuming you weren't there.I'm certain that at 23 you always made exactly the correct response.

This! I fail to understand why everyone is smacking TG, the response EJ gave is alarming to say the least. Why be so arrogant as to ask if he thinks they should draft a new QB. The kid has proven nothing, nothing. That he hasnt proven anything isnt a big issue btw, he had a rough rookie campaign. I'll reserve judgement for his second season. But the response EJ gave is telling in the sense that he thinks he has arrived. I dont think it will do much with regards to his working ethic but the mental part of it is what worries me. Throughout the year more and more evidence was presented about some mental issues with EJ and being arrogant does not equal being confidenent on the field. It's a sign of an underlaying feeling of being insecure.

"You are a bust, you suck at your job. I don't give a damn how hard you have worked you suck and should be replaced! "

That is what Graham was passively aggressively insinuating. I'm sure at 23 you were mature enough to ready better than walking away. It is a good thing that Manuel is not a Congressman from Staten Island, or he would have threatened truth row Graham off a balcony.

Yea I had a ton of respect for TG (years ago), but he has so many of these little episodes and has always come off as soft-skinned. He isn't that great of a reporter, left this forum in laughable fashion, has had twitter beefs, and then this. He's a goof.

Exactly...I think his history right here on TBD proves, if nothing else, he's not exactly thick-skinned...From an observers point of view (I did not get involved in any conversations with TG directly), and this is simply my opinion, it seemed to me like Graham was happy with the attention around here until he (inevitably) ran into a couple folks that did not give a crap about who he was... B-)

It's not arrogance, it's defiance. I love how Manuel handled the agenda driven questions. He challenged the reporters to stop with the BS and tell him to his face that they think he's a bust after one season.

In doing so, Manuel let Graham climb into his little dingy. The one which can hold the amount of football reporters who are willing to publicly go on record as to knowing EJ Manuel is a bust after one season.

A "professional" reporter would ask in general whether he would be upset if the drafted another QB this year. By specifically mentioning the first round, these reporters were clearly looking for a confrontation. By Manuel asking the question of whether they think the Bills should draft a QB in the first round this year, he was able to let them show themselves how stupid these Buffalo News guys are. Only an idiot gives a first round QB only one year to prove he's the guy. Graham is an idiot.

BTW, Manuel didn't have a rough rookie season, he had a very normal rookie QB season. Look at Eli Manning's stats if you want to see a rough rookie season.

Some opinions make you an idiot, like "IMO the earth is flat"

while "IMO EJ is not good enough".. not really in that category

You state as fact that his rookie season wasn't rough. Actually that's an opinion. IMO it was rough, not necessarily stats-wise, but in watching how hard he makes his receivers work, for one thing

It would be easier to get on board with criticizing Tim Graham if the vast majority of the people b*tching about him in this thread weren't NOTORIOUS for their myopic takes on the team.

As for the few that have a clue about this team and still have their panties in a bunch about TG........get over the fact that he left here.

Many good posters have left. The losing/irrelevance of the organization has made TSW largely unrepresentative of Bills fandom as a whole.

Graham is asking questions for his readership......the majority of Bills fans.......who care about the Bills but don't feel the need to live in denial about their prospects or grind their teeth to a nub about perceived slights.

What Graham said may have lacked tact, but I don't really care. EJ isn't a delicate flower that needs to be protected. EJ might be the nicest Buffalo Bill ever, but if he can't win games or stay healthy enough to play, I don't want him here. I think everyone, TG and his biggest detractors included, would agree.

An interview like this may give EJ some extra motivation. The only downside is that he won't like Tim Graham. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

I agree. And Lewis was on the Browns' practice squad for 2 years and went up against NFL players daily, so they weren't at the same level.

I do not dispute the above at all Doc. But I also think that Thad is not at his ceiling either. He stepped up and played fairly well last season and I for one think that he earned himself a place in the NFL. The Bills 'franchise qb" went down and there was no real difference.

I am hoping that the Bills do not trade him but in a hypothetical situation, if the Bills draft a young qb this spring and he looks good, I wouldn't take less than a 4th round pick.

It would be easier to get on board with criticizing Tim Graham if the vast majority of the people b*tching about him in this thread weren't NOTORIOUS for their myopic takes on the team.

As for the few that have a clue about this team and still have their panties in a bunch about TG........get over the fact that he left here.

Many good posters have left. The losing/irrelevance of the organization has made TSW largely unrepresentative of Bills fandom as a whole.

Graham is asking questions for his readership......the majority of Bills fans.......who care about the Bills but don't feel the need to live in denial about their prospects or grind their teeth to a nub about perceived slights.

TSW is a much better place than it was during the Losman/Edwards/Jauron days. It's become much more enjoyable and the conversations are much more intelligent IMO. I don't wring my hands over who leaves or stays.

As for Graham asking questions for the majority of Bills fans, I must be in the minority. I'm obviously living in denial giving my first round QB more than one season to prove himself.

"It would be easier to make an opinion on someone if other people who made an opinion on him weren't dumb......(when forming an opinion on someone, you should try to use relevant information when making their judgement....not ignorant irrelevant information)

Unless this is your second account, you haven't been here that long. I dont care about post counts or date joined or anything, but if you are going to criticize a forum by comparing to back in the day, you should be here long enough to make that judgement.

.....uh huh, thats not biased. If anything the common complaint is that TSW has become more negative, the opposite of your opinion. Second, Graham is thought of as soft-skinned because of a number of incidents. Hopefully when the bills become relevant and have a better franchise in the next few years, buffalo media can hold their own. Because right now they are not at the top of their game, at all

why should EJ worry ?.....he's already been assured he's the starter.

Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone informed quarterback EJ Manuel that he will remain the starter next season despite lingering questions about the rookie's durability and uneven development.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/165562-way-too-much-pasting-of-copyrighted-material-please-read/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10216366/ej-manuel-told-buffalo-bills-coach-doug-marrone-be-starting-qb-next-season

On to the subject of if we want a 2nd QB. I'm in favor of Murray in the 3rd or later. He played well in the SEC, seemed to be very gutsy and had some escapability. Also dealt well with a very demanding fan base. Very worth the pick IMO.

On to the subject of if we want a 2nd QB. I'm in favor of Murray in the 3rd or later. He played well in the SEC, seemed to be very gutsy and had some escapability. Also dealt well with a very demanding fan base. Very worth the pick IMO.

I like the idea of snatching up Boyd or Murray if they fall far enough.

What Graham said may have lacked tact, but I don't really care. EJ isn't a delicate flower that needs to be protected. EJ might be the nicest Buffalo Bill ever, but if he can't win games or stay healthy enough to play, I don't want him here. I think everyone, TG and his biggest detractors included, would agree.

An interview like this may give EJ some extra motivation. The only downside is that he won't like Tim Graham. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

This is a balanced assessment... but I really don't get the sense EJ needs any extra "motivation." I don't know if I missed something, but I never got the sense that he isn't supremely motivated and never got the entitlement vibe others (not you) have pointed out. I think his personality is more reserved, but that doesn't mean he isn't completely focused and committed to both his and the team's success.

So, what were your earlier accounts?

why should EJ worry ?.....he's already been assured he's the starter.

Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone informed quarterback EJ Manuel that he will remain the starter next season despite lingering questions about the rookie's durability and uneven development.

http://espn.go.com/n...-qb-next-season

seems like reasonable fellow to me ?

You don't even see any prospects in this QB draft?

You should only draft a "can't-miss" QB in the 1st round?

There are several prospects in this draft. But if I'm drafting a QB again in the 1st round after taking one in the first round the year before and not giving him much of a chance to prove himself, the guy better be a "can't-miss." The problem is that finding that guy is hard enough, but given that there are upwards of 5 teams who draft before the Bills who will probably take a QB, the pickings will get even slimmer. And then as I asked, if that rookie doesn't look any better than EJ did, do the Bills draft another QB in the 1st round in 2015?

Looks like EJ was hurt again---by TG's questions....

He wasn't hurt nearly as much as Timmy's already-crap reputation was. Hence the need for the follow-up article trying to explain himself..