What did we get for Marshawn Lynch?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch was an idiot in Buffalo, FJax outplayed him. End of story. Good for his success in Seatlle, more power to him. BUT HERE IN Buffalo he was terrible

Marshawn rushed for over 1,000 yards in his first two seasons with the Bills with almost 1,300 all-purpose yards with Trent & JP as QB, so you have pretty tough standards if that qualifies as "terrible".

If you and I knew he was available - do you think one of the best gms in the league had no idea?

The way Pete Carroll explained it was that John Schneider had Buddy on speed dial and called him every single day to ask about Lynch. Buddy refused and laughed him off, day-in and day-out. Then, one day, Buddy simply said, "OK" and a deal was done.

I don't have any trouble believing that this account is precisely how it transpired. My question is who changed Buddy's mind?

Whitner, Lynch, Winfield, Peters, Pat Williams...an unending list of quality players that we let walk for nothing or almost nothing. Byrd will be on that list soon. We sign FA's that play like puke and have to draft over and over again to replace quality players that we let walk. We are consistently below the cap so this all hangs on the front office.

This sums up the Bills, especially the comment about Byrd joining that list. Spiller will be on it as well. This team doesn't have a history, outside of the late 80's and early 90's where it keeps key players and builds a team around them. They should have kept Lynch. He was a stud and he still is a stud. He makes Wilson a better QB. Seattle built an offense around him and added a solid defense to go with it.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Marshawn had some bright moments as a Bill, but he left the Bills little choice with his off-field troubles. He is twice as good now as he was back then. A better return on the trade would have been nice, but the Bills were over a barrel because they were willing to do whatever it took to move him. That's business.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Marshawn had some bright moments as a Bill, but he left the Bills little choice with his off-field troubles. He is twice as good now as he was back then. A better return on the trade would have been nice, but the Bills were over a barrel because they were willing to do whatever it took to move him. That's business.

You don't need hindsight in this case...You really don't...All anyone had to do was hang out with me for the 2010 Draft to know you could see this one coming a mile away...

The minute the Bills Drafted Spiller they put themselves over that barrel you speak of...They had plenty of choices where Marshawn was concerned, but the new Coach and GM did not want him...And once they took CJ it was over...Lynch was a goofball and made some dumb mistakes...no doubt about it...But he was not without positives either...He was a heck of a good RB in Buffalo at times...His teammates liked him a lot...I don't think you can find a classier team leader than Fred Jackson...He and Marshawn are still close...Freddie has commented before that they still talk almost daily...How bad could he really be? He was a kid 3000 miles from home...He made some immature mistakes because...well...he was immature...Regardless it was just dumb team building on Nix's part...When you have not one, but two Pro-Bowl caliber backs in-house, you don't Draft another one in the top 10...It was dumb then regardless of what Lynch would go on to do...It's even dumber now because Marshawn is special... B-)