Cordy Glenn

Can anyone give a definite answer as to why Glenn has not been in pro bowl conversations? I thought he had an all pro year. Do the current pro bowl tackles have anything over Cordy, other than they're all pro bowl alums, pretty much?

I think he's in the same boat as Eric Wood. If an offense doesn't perform well, I don't think any members from that unit will get Probowl consideration. Once the team starts winning, and the offense is at least in the top half, then you'll start to hear buzz around certain players.

Edited by JayBaller10

I think he's in the same boat as Eric Wood. If an offense doesn't perform well, I don't think any members from that unit will get Probowl consideration. Once the team starts winning, and the offense is at least in the top half, then you'll start to hear buzz around certain players.

I thought that Wood had a terrible year and Glenn a really good year. You can blame Wood's struggles on the CFL talent at LG but Glenn played next to him too.

I don't think that we are far from seeing Cordy in the Pro Bowl. He is a really good LT.

Probowl voting, especially along the Offensive Line, is just a popularity contest. Once your offense does well and you get named, OLinemen can typically ride that out for a few more years worth of voting.

Take Ruben Brown for example. He was a turnstile way more than he was an All Pro, but he made the team every year because who can name another OG?

Offensive Line is one of those positions where the less you hear a player's name called, the better he is doing. So it's tough to get any recognition.

Edited by DrDareustein

Can anyone give a definite answer as to why Glenn has not been in pro bowl conversations? I thought he had an all pro year. Do the current pro bowl tackles have anything over Cordy, other than they're all pro bowl alums, pretty much?

Popularity contest crowded at the top with the usual suspects. He might make an All Pro team before being named to a Pro Bowl.

GO BILLS!!!

Cleveland's offense finished the season ranked 28th, sent Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, Jordan Cameron, and Josh Gordon to the pro bowl. I could acknowledge that Thomas didn't have his best year and popularity may have been a factor but not for the rest.

Probowl voting, especially along the Offensive Line, is just a popularity contest. Once your offense does well and you get named, OLinemen can typically ride that our for a few more years worth of voting.

Take Ruben Brown for example. He was a turnstile way more than he was an All Pro, but he made the team every year because who can name another OG?

Offensive Line is one of those positions where, the less you hear a player's name called, the better he is doing. So it's tough to get any recognition.

This.

Jason Peters was very good, like always, but by far not at his best. I did not watch enough of the overall NFL to say there would have been better then him this season but he was still voted.

The more PB's he receives, the more we have to pay him in two years. I'm very comfortable with him staying under radar. We've drafted much better than posters give credit, and we have a storm coming with salary cap in a couple of years. Considering we are 6-10, we can't afford to keep losing the talent we have on the team.

Probowl voting, especially along the Offensive Line, is just a popularity contest. Once your offense does well and you get named, OLinemen can typically ride that our for a few more years worth of voting.

Offensive Line is one of those positions where, the less you hear a player's name called, the better he is doing. So it's tough to get any recognition.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

He plays for the Bills. That's strike one right out of the box. Not trolling, just the facts. Pro Bowl = beauty contest. Regrettably, Bills are the ugly girl at the dance right now. Winning cures everything.