Pettine has officially signed on as coach of the Browns

cale

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this in the other thread, and apparently it got gobbled up. Maybe someone knows the answer:

Do the Bills HAVE to let Pettine take assistants who are under contract, or can they deny?

They can deny any assistant permission to go anywhere as anything other than a HC

I asked this in the other thread, and apparently it got gobbled up. Maybe someone knows the answer:

Do the Bills HAVE to let Pettine take assistants who are under contract, or can they deny?

the only position they can move to without permission is HC

@MMehtaNYDN: #Bills LBs coach Jim O'Neil will be Pettine's defensive coordinator in Cleveland if the Bills let him out of his contract

I thought the Bills fired their LB coach

pettine and his magic powers just cant be replicated. ever. and our secondary coach who everyones pointing to as DC definitely had no hand in mckelvin and williams.

When did Donnie Henderson become Grady from Sanford and Son?

Really?!? Is the woe is us going to predominate the mood because of one lost DC?

We only had one to lose.

I am not going to shed many tears with Pettine going to Cleveland. He was a good DC. Bills became a top 10 defense overall (20th in scoring) but still had problems stopping the run. If he had stayed, he may have solved that problem but we will never know. I wish him well but look forward to a new DC to take the Defense to the next level.

@MMehtaNYDN: #Bills LBs coach Jim O'Neil will be Pettine's defensive coordinator in Cleveland if the Bills let him out of his contract

If this happened and the Bills blocked it, that would be a pretty ****ty thing to do. That's a significant promotion.

If the Bills didn't want to promote him to DC themselves, they certainly shouldn't !@#$ him over and block the Browns job offer.

If this happened and the Bills blocked it, that would be a pretty ****ty thing to do. That's a significant promotion.

If the Bills didn't want to promote him to DC themselves, they certainly shouldn't !@#$ him over and block the Browns job offer.

No. !@#$ him over and double !@#$ Pettine over.

Zero tolerance.

No one goes to Cleveland this late in The game.

Tough titty Mike

No. !@#$ him over and double !@#$ Pettine over.

Zero tolerance.

No one goes to Cleveland this late in The game.

Tough titty Mike

I'd tell all of them that no one is eligible to leave until we have a new DC and they decide who they want on their staff. Gotta stop the bleeding and get in control of our own situation immediately.

I feel sorry for the players 3 DC's in as many years let's hope there isn't a drastic change in the philosophy or scheme. Bet they feel like they can never get ahead of the ball because every time they start to grasp on to the concept of the defense which they are being taught everything gets turned upside down again.

I understand that Pettine is replaceable, but what sucks is that we knew what we had in him moving forward in his second year. A new DC may never miss a beat but under Pettine they were sure to improve at least some...a new DC???

Replaceable...just like Andy Levitre was replacable.

Its tragic that the Bills find a quality talent and he is gone after one year, and yet typical.