DC candidates

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem to me that the Buffalo job for one of Pettine's assistants would be a much better career move than going with Pettine to Cleveland. I'm going to assume, bet on the fact that Pettine will run the whole defense. The DC job there will be like the NE one, or even Pettine when he was under Rex. It would take that guy 3-4 years of being a very good defense, and Pettine staying on as the coach, to get any serious accolades himself. If, however, the Bills were to make him their DC, he could keep the system, the players he knows, probably a few assistants, and he will get all the credit in the next 2 years if this talented defense does well.

If I'm the Bills, I offer the job to ONeil, or maybe someone from the Jets.

the Bills announced days ago they had a plan in place if Pettine leaves.

that means it is highly likely that person is already on the staff.

DB Coach Donnie Henderson is that guy.

Henderson was with Marrone at Syracuse. think he would more inclined to stay with Marrone then follow Pettine. he has been a DC for the JETS & Lions previously.

Henderson was with Marrone at Syracuse. think he would more inclined to stay with Marrone then follow Pettine. he has been a DC for the JETS & Lions previously.

I know he's been around, but when was the last time Henderson was a D-coordinator in the NFL? 2008? I'd have to look. He's been around the block and has been passed on/not considered for a while. What a let down.

I like the thought of Henderson but Wade Phillips has a fantastic track record as a DC. Let's not forget, Wade made John Holocek look great. Imagine what he could do with Kiko

Mike, assuming that Wade is telling the truth and would return to Buffalo, would Brandon be willing to pay him twice as much as any other candidate?

I get the feeling that Wade would cost that much, and btw he would be WELL worth it.

I want someone young and aggressive. I really don't know who that may be, though, maybe someone from Saban's staff.

Kirby Smart is the DC of the Tide. He turned down at least 1 head coaching offer in college, and is the highest paid coordinator in the NCAA.

Saban just signed an extension. Would Smart take the job? Again, I am sure that he would command a very big salary.

Kirby Smart is the DC of the Tide. He turned down at least 1 head coaching offer in college, and is the highest paid coordinator in the NCAA.

Saban just signed an extension. Would Smart take the job? Again, I am sure that he would command a very big salary.

We should at least try and see what happens.

Does he earn more than what Marrone earns right now? (3 mil)

http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm

I would also think that the recent events that transpired would make Buffalo a great destination spot for a young potential DC candidate after Marrone hired away a guy from a rival team and exactly one year later, coaching the Bills players, that guy gets a HC job in the NFL.

So we can go through this again next winter?

I know he's been around, but when was the last time Henderson was a D-coordinator in the NFL? 2008? I'd have to look. He's been around the block and has been passed on/not considered for a while. What a let down.

Henderson's defenses have been awful against the run and was one and done in both New York and Detroit. Hope it's not him