Tom Brady appreciation thread

cale

He's giving an honest answer to a question. He just lost the AFC Championship game. What is he supposed to say?--gonna get my popcorn ready?

I'm sure there are plenty of players (those who perrenially don't make the playoffs, and therefoe suffer no such dissappointments, and have had a month to enjoy golfing and fishing and bumming around with the old gang and going to clubs, etc.) who are much more looking forward to watching some more quality football than Brady is (or many of the pats or 49ers, I would bet). If someone was dumb enough to ask Vernon Davis, "hey, are you not HYPED to watch the SB?!", he would give the same answer as Brady.

4 days after ending another losing season, what was on our team's biggest star's mind? Bitter diappointment? No, it was his amicable resolution of the drama surrounded his engagement ring.

He shook his hand at the end of this game.

Yes WEO. I expect Mr Perfect to act like a man and not a depressed wussy.

He may not have a "favorite" but why not show support for your conference and the better team that just won.

I don't think the league wants its marquee players saying that they could 'care less' about the biggest day of the season.

exactly my point

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes WEO. I expect Mr Perfect to act like a man and not a depressed wussy.

He may not have a "favorite" but why not show support for your conference and the better team that just won.

exactly my point

I 100% agree with this. I also found this Brady quote hillarious: "This was the same WEEI interview in which Brady not-so-subtly criticized Richard Sherman for his now-famous interview after Seattle’s NFC title game win. “We win with graciousness, and when we lose we can do better,” Brady offered.

\

Really, the Pats are the poster children for poor losers. Coach B gives a press conference accusing Wes Welker of intentionally injuring a player (running a route that the Pats themselves run all the time) simply because (i) he hates Wes; and (2) Wes' team won the game; and then Brady goes on a self pitty/pouting rampage by: (i) skipping the Pro Bowl; and (ii) saying he "couldn't care less" about the Super Bowl.

Contrary to what TB said, the Pats are not especially gracious losers. They seem pretty sour about it IMO.

But you have to give them a lot of credit for what they accomplished this year. After all they have been through to compete for the AFC title is a truly remarkable achievement. And to do it by reinventing themselves as a running team and actually taking the ball out of TBs hands is especially surprising. So although TB may have been the main piece all along it is clear that the whole organization top to bottom is one of the very best in the game. Good ownership and great coaching has had a lot to do with their success.

And on a personal level I can easily understand TBs disappointment. If he had gone to and, heaven forbid, actually won the Super Bowl, his legacy, as good as it is already, would have been much enhanced. It might even have placed him in the driver's seat in the discussion surrounding the greatest ever QB. Now if Peyton is able to beat that great Seahawks secondary with Welker and those big receivers he's got to throw to, the fact that TB will still have more hardware might well be negated by Peyton's second ring and better in season production during the years TB was winning those championships, as well as the fact that TB benefitted from an elite D that Peyton did not have.

Their performance this year proves once again that it is unwise to ever sell NE short . They could be back with a vengeance in 2014.

But time is running out on TB. His bad throw to Welker in 2012 cost them a championship. He missed Edelman twice against Denver this year that could have been game changers. His skillset is just not as complete as it used to be. He's still a master of the short passing game featuring crossing patterns underneath, and he still displays incredible accuracy and good pace on the ball with intermediate throws over the middle. But he doesn't hit the deep ball nearly as much as in the past, go routes and deep outs whether to the opposite hash or not. In fact he is increasingly badly misses those difficult, lower percentage passes. And I don't expect things to get better for him as far as his individual skillset is concerned. Quite the contrary, though he may be surrounded by a better supporting cast in 2014 and therefore his team may fare better.

Whether we like him or not, he's a first ballot Hall Of Famer and one of the best QB's of all time. I doubt that he's some kind of evil/bad guy off the field.

Honestly, I think we all don't like him for one reason: He's pretty much owned our team since the beginning of his career.

So is my intense dislike pathetic? Absolutely! I dind't like Marino when he was playing for the fish either, but he's still in the HOF and by all accounts is a great guy.

Maybe if Brady ends up playing for another team out of the division his last year in the league (like Joe Montana), I won't hate him so much.

He also inuslted the city of Buffalo, and is a sore loser. I actually rooted for him in the first Super Bowl against the Giants. Reason being I wanted anybody, even the hated Patriots. But the more I saw his interviews, the more I began to dislike him as a person.

There was also this.

http://nypost.com/2013/01/31/exclusive-nfl-legend-dan-marino-had-a-love-child-with-cbs-employee-in-2005/

Brady may have had the worst receiver options at his disposal of any QB who ever directed a playoff team ever. If he had weapons, like Manning has, we'd likely be talking about Brady producing at a clip never before seen in the league.

As for Pats declining, keep in mind that they were the 2nd youngest team in the NFL this season and they won 12 games after suffering through unexpected player loses that would cripple any other team in the league.

The time will come when Brady is too old to produce at a GOAT level but expect elite play from him for a few more years at least.

I 100% agree with this. I also found this Brady quote hillarious: "This was the same WEEI interview in which Brady not-so-subtly criticized Richard Sherman for his now-famous interview after Seattle’s NFC title game win. “We win with graciousness, and when we lose we can do better,” Brady offered.

That's great, especially given that every time a play goes wrong he cries to the refs for a flag. The whiny little B word can't even play with graciousness, win or lose.

Never mind Brady's declining skills; he'll be under more pressure than ever. The Pats just lost OL coach Dante Scarnecchia to retirement. He was a guy who could take virtually anyone and plug him into their lineup. He'll be a huge loss for them.

Brady may have had the worst receiver options at his disposal of any QB who ever directed a playoff team ever.

What an absolute crock. So tired of the media making excuses for Brady, and then the fans parrot that nonsense. What, Brady doesn't have 3 Pro Bowl targets to throw to anymore? Guess what, most QBs go their entire career without that luxury. Edelman was always underrated and he's proven to be an absolute terror this season. Amendola is no slouch either - one of the best slot receivers in the game. And they did manage to salvage half a season out of Gronk, who is still arguably the best TE in the game. Maybe it would help if Brady wasn't overthrowing them by 10 yards.

Saying they have the worst receiver options in playoff history is laughable, especially when their targets are better than Seahawks' options.

What an absolute crock. So tired of the media making excuses for Brady, and then the fans parrot that nonsense. What, Brady doesn't have 3 Pro Bowl targets to throw to anymore? Guess what, most QBs go their entire career without that luxury. Edelman was always underrated and he's proven to be an absolute terror this season. Amendola is no slouch either - one of the best slot receivers in the game. And they did manage to salvage half a season out of Gronk, who is still arguably the best TE in the game. Maybe it would help if Brady wasn't overthrowing them by 10 yards.

Saying they have the worst receiver options in playoff history is laughable, especially when their targets are better than Seahawks' options.

I wouldn't say that, but Brady's receivers were fine. Some people act like the guys he's throwing to won't be in the league next year. Brady's receivers were like the Bills receivers in 2011 sans Gronk. Not the most talented or playmaking bunch, but they can catch and run. The only one who was really garbage was "Gronk 2.0" Sudfeld and they cut him week 2.

I personally think Brady struggled purely because of a difference in scheme and chemistry. Edelman and Amendola can catch, but I doubt Brady had the same "I know where you're going to be" that he had with Welker and Gronk. He also got used to throwing it up to monster targets where a DB couldn't make a play, but Thompkins and Dobson couldn't get up for it like his TE's could. Some of his overthrown balls were catch able if the receiver could jump up for it, but they never could.

Edited by FireChan

\

Really, the Pats are the poster children for poor losers. Coach B gives a press conference accusing Wes Welker of intentionally injuring a player (running a route that the Pats themselves run all the time) simply because (i) he hates Wes; and (2) Wes' team won the game; and then Brady goes on a self pitty/pouting rampage by: (i) skipping the Pro Bowl; and (ii) saying he "couldn't care less" about the Super Bowl.

This is just hilariously ironic.

What's different between this rundown, and any other Pats bad behavior over the years? It's always something with these guys. They've never been "gracious". It's hilarious that, of all words, "graciousness"? :lol:

They are the sorest winners and losers in the world. Brady cries to the refs more than any QB I've ever seen, and I watched many a Dan Marino Dolphins game live. I used to think he was the biggest whiner of all time, and with good cause: Shula on the officiating committee.

No way. Brady is far and away worse.

Edited by OCinBuffalo