Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. Reporting has ceased being about credibility and more about timeliness and because no one is held to anything they say anymore, twitter is all about quantity and keeping your name out there as someone with "info" whether that info is quality or not is no longer relevant.

Everybody wants to be the first so they spew out (dis)information as fast as they can

What ? Does that mean it's not a done deal with Pettine ?

It means twitter is ruining this country.

Amen. Reporting has ceased being about credibility and more about timeliness and because no one is held to anything they say anymore, twitter is all about quantity and keeping your name out there as someone with "info" whether that info is quality or not is no longer relevant.

hah…love it. couldn't agree more

It's fine to rag on twitter, just please don't make this an ad hominem attack. Cabot is very reliable; if she's reporting it, then she's doing so because she genuinely believes it to be true.

Sad part about all of this, other than losing Pettine, is that due to his presumed departure - the BILLS Defense is finally getting the recognition it earned this season. Pettine leaving has highlighted the BILLS Defensive accomplishments that would have gone largely unnoticed if it were not for Pettine's status with the Browns...ironic isn't it??

Want to know when to believe this? I know there is one voice we can trust. wawrow. He can't report a lick until it is verified. So all these tweets, twits and twats can play the games all day long. We keep refreshing. We keep looking.

When it is over it is over. Until then it is speculation because TG Mary Kay. Etc. Have lost credibility on this issue.

Its almost run out of substance because the errors in reporting

Now this from Mary Kay "Another source told http://cleveland.com: Seahawks DC Quinn hasn't been eliminated as a #Browns candidate yet. (could change in a minute)" -- this is getting ridiculous

Not only have we strung you along Mike ... but if you think you are getting a good contract think again we still have this other option available ... UGH! Make up your mind already!

Now this from Mary Kay "Another source told http://cleveland.com: Seahawks DC Quinn hasn't been eliminated as a #Browns candidate yet. (could change in a minute)" -- this is getting ridiculous

In reality Quinn wouldn't be eliminated until after the superbowl unless he either pulled his name from contention or someone else got hired for the gig.

So really a meaningless tweet.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I am wondering now if the Quinn reports are being intentionally leaked by the Browns as part of the Pettine negotiations.

Jimmy Haslam: "Look, Mike-- you want more money? I am telling you that Dan Quinn is standing right behind that door. You want me to open it? I can do it. Don't make me do it."

Mike: "Go ahead..."

Jimmy: *awkward silence* "Don't think that I won't! I will totally open this door right now and you are going to feel so stupid"

It's fine to rag on twitter, just please don't make this an ad hominem attack. Cabot is very reliable; if she's reporting it, then she's doing so because she genuinely believes it to be true.

Could've fooled me from what I've seen over the past 24 hours. Multiple reports of contradicting information. She may believe it's true, but then that is on her and illustrates exactly what we are talking about. People too focused on being the first person to break a story, and not concerned enough about being correct or factual.

Mike: "Go ahead..."

Jimmy: *awkward silence* "Don't think that I won't! I will totally open this door right now and you are going to feel so stupid"

Slow tip toeing to the door (Haslam looks back, shaking his head).

Mike: "You gonna open it?"

Jimmy: "Fine; how does $100 million sound?"

Mike: "Okay."

So is she reliable now that she said Quinn was still in and now that Pettine is signing? Yeah, real reliable to contradict yourself in a matter of minutes.

So is she reliable now that she said Quinn was still in and now that Pettine is signing? Yeah, real reliable to contradict yourself in a matter of minutes.

its possible they were still trying to get quinn up until the very end. im with bandit and a few others that have said MKC is pretty good generally speaking.