Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

I can't blame him for taking the gig if he gets it. This Browns team is similar personnel wise to the KC team that Reid took over. It's stacked with underperforming talent. He comes in with that AND two first round picks, including a top 10 in a decent year for QBs. Plus, after giving Chud the heave ho after 1 year he's all but guaranteed a three year stint to get it together. Plus, as others have said, even if he flops it can be partially chalked up to the organization and he'll likely get another shot after being a DC for a year or two. If I were him I'd do it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't blame him for taking the gig if he gets it. This Browns team is similar personnel wise to the KC team that Reid took over. It's stacked with underperforming talent. He comes in with that AND two first round picks, including a top 10 in a decent year for QBs. Plus, after giving Chud the heave ho after 1 year he's all but guaranteed a three year stint to get it together. Plus, as others have said, even if he flops it can be partially chalked up to the organization and he'll likely get another shot after being a DC for a year or two. If I were him I'd do it.

Plus, he will have a healthy Bobby Hoyer back. I say this seriously, because Hoyer looked like the real deal before getting injured. So, immediately you have a hedge to whatever rookie QB you draft.

Plus, he will have a healthy Bobby Hoyer back. I say this seriously, because Hoyer looked like the real deal before getting injured. So, immediately you have a hedge to whatever rookie QB you draft.

Agreed. He'll have his pick of Hoyer, journeyman Jason Campbell, and Weeden entering his 3rd year, if he chooses to start the year with a veteran QB. Plus, with Chad Kruger and Markevious Bingo he'll be able to bring the heat against opposing QBs. I won't be at all surprised if the Browns turn the ship around over the next 2 seasons.

Bad day for Bills franchise. In the words of Kevin O'Leary (self-proclaimed Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank) -- "Pettine, you are dead to me" -- GO BILLS !! Come on Marrone, find another (better) Pettine !!

I see it the opposite way. It shows that you can get a head coaching job from Buffalo. Pettine did a really good job but this was far from a dominant unit. The defense is loaded with 1st and 2nd rounders. It is a great job for DC, especially when you consider that the previous guy got a head coaching job after one year.

Bad day for Bills franchise. In the words of Kevin O'Leary (self-proclaimed Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank) -- "Pettine, you are dead to me" -- GO BILLS !! Come on Marrone, find another (better) Pettine !!

I see it the opposite way. It shows that you can get a head coaching job from Buffalo. Pettine did a really good job but this was far from a dominant unit. The defense is loaded with 1st and 2nd rounders. It is a great job for DC, especially when you consider that the previous guy got a head coaching job after one year.

I see it as halfway in between. Not a bad day for the reasons CB cited, making Buffalo an attractive landing spot for a good DC. But I wouldn't call it good either as it probably means at least somewhat of a scheme shift and relearning process for the players.

I see it as halfway in between. Not a bad day for the reasons CB cited, making Buffalo an attractive landing spot for a good DC. But I wouldn't call it good either as it probably means at least somewhat of a scheme shift and relearning process for the players.

Yeah, it's not a good day but it's not like the cupboard is close to being bare. The only starter not under contract is Byrd, who we played without for like 5 or 6 games.

Agree but I will be rooting for Pettine. Great, great DC coach and wish him the best.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Imbedded sarcasm in my thoughts on Pettine -- I do wish him well. And, I do agree that he exposed a lot of the potential of this team's D. I only hope the Browns late decision doesn't limit Marrone/Whaley too much on getting a better replacement !

It means twitter is ruining this country.

Amen. Reporting has ceased being about credibility and more about timeliness and because no one is held to anything they say anymore, twitter is all about quantity and keeping your name out there as someone with "info" whether that info is quality or not is no longer relevant.