The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Speaking of screaming things for 5 years: Is Obamacare destroying the Democratic party?

Even though midterm elections favor Republicans, the 2014 results show middle- and working-class dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party rising to dangerous levels, which threatens the party’s growing demographic advantages.

Perhaps most notably, Republican House candidates in 2014 won 37 percent of the Hispanic vote, their highest percentage since Republicans rejected immigration reform in 2005, and a slight majority, 51-49, of Asian-American voters, who had been moving decisively in the Democrats’ favor. Asian-Americans and Hispanics are crucial to future Democratic presidential victories.

In combination with the growing Republican allegiance of whites, these trends raise the possibility that the Democratic plan for victory by demographics could implode, which would make the case for a full scale re-evaluation of its strategies and policies glaringly obvious.

Apparently even the NYT is finally getting that there have beeen oodles of white papers/statistical analyses that prove the "demographic inevitability" theory as utter BS. When you lose whites nationally, who make up 70+% of the electorate no matter whose model you use, by 3-5? When Hispanics and Asians aren't as "auto-Dem voter" as you thought? The ass falls out of the whole thing....like I've been saying for 5 years.

He is still clinging to the "growing demographic advantages" part. But, at least he now sees the reality when it comes to whites. And, understands that the only real democgraphic advantage remains with blacks, like it has, since LBJ. So really....all that's happening here is: Democrats got their asses kicked for pursuing far-left policies.

And, the "demographic advantage"....is actually the "Obama advantage". Leave it to our current media to F that up. It will take the NYT another 5 years to figure that one out. :lol: It doesn't matter what color you are: bad performance is bad, but, charismatic Obama is good. When you put Hillary up there, with her Secretarty of State record, and she starts doing her awful Bill Clinton impersonation? Well, bad is bad.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There Has Been an Awakening… to Obamacare’s Forceful Dark Side

FTA:

As if Democrats do not already have enough trouble, data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services shows that many, if not most, of the seven million people who purchased insurance through the A.C.A. will either have to pay higher premiums or higher deductibles, or submit themselves to the complex process of switching plans.

So as OC has pointed out repeatedly, if Dems thought distancing themselves from Obama was hard, wait until they try distancing themselves from Obamacare.

Democrats are particularly hurt by the fact that they spent years insisting there wouldn't be harmful effects, and as time has gone by it has become increasingly clear Democrats were either duplicitous (Gruber) or had no idea what bill did (lots in Congress).

This has not been helped by Democrats' instinctive demonization of opponents, critics and skeptics, that has blinded them to the warning signs & red flags we have seen over the past four years.

Their main problem is to fix the current mess requires Dems to admit mistakes in O-care structure, and they can't do that with Mr. Obama in office.

Voters can ignore a lot of problems (debt, pork, etc.). But they can't ignore higher premiums, deductibles, copay.

I just dropped $170 at the vet on a !@#$ing cat (and I hate cats). This is bull ****. Veterinary services should be a right. He who can't pay watches his pet die?

I know there are people who have to choose between paying the electric bill or the vet Bill. This is shameful. If congress won't act the President should issue universal veterinary coverage by executive order.

I just dropped $170 at the vet on a !@#$ing cat (and I hate cats). This is bull ****. Veterinary services should be a right. He who can't pay watches his pet die?

I know there are people who have to choose between paying the electric bill or the vet Bill. This is shameful. If congress won't act the President should issue universal veterinary coverage by executive order.

I might pay $170 to watch a cat die.

!@#$ing cats.

We Vets have a problem with your dickishness.

We Vets have a problem with your dickishness.

Fu©k you ass hole. I have a right to your services and if you didn't want to be compelled to provide them for whatever the government decides you deserve then you shouldn't have invested in yourself to obtain the requisite knowledge, skills, and credentials. No free veterinary service, no peace.

Fu©k you ass hole. I have a right to your services and if you didn't want to be compelled to provide them for whatever the government decides you deserve then you shouldn't have invested in yourself to obtain the requisite knowledge, skills, and credentials. No free veterinary service, no peace.

Your cat deserves free birth control.

Thank you. I agree. But this 3rd Inning mother!@#$er won't do the procedure until I pay him.

Pay up schitforbrains. I've learned my lesson well. After finishing your "transition", and making it impossible for you to stiff anyone again, I'll not stand for allowing your kitty to take up where you left off.

No he was in the Army. You know the pussies those guys are.

Yes Chef, I was in the Army protecting your freedoms and making you safe to work your minimum wage job, smoke weed and stare at Mary Alice's patent leather shoe tops. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. You just can't handle the truth!