The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Half of Doctors Listed as Serving Medicaid Patients Are Unavailable, Investigation Finds.

Gruber admits ‘there are some taxes in Obamacare' ......

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/09/boom-goes-the-dynamite-gruber-admits-there-are-some-taxes-in-obamacare/

Shrinking reimbursement from insurance threatening outlook for rural hospitals

http://mycn2.com/pol...rural-hospitals

Edited by B-Man

The not-so-velvet hammer of the ACA strikes once more:

My wife and I have had Long Term Care policies through John Hancock since 1997. The premium was fixed at $1,161 annually for me, and it has been that amount until yesterday. Yesterday I received a letter notifying me that beginning 1/1/15 my premium would be $2,322. That's a 100% increase.

I plan to drop my coverage, hopefully recoup some surrender value, and continue my wife's policy. She will also experience a 100% increase in premium cost.

This experience brings to mind the earlier warnings of, "Wait until 2015 when other provisions kick in...."

Sail on, Oh Ship of State!

The not-so-velvet hammer of the ACA strikes once more:

My wife and I have had Long Term Care policies through John Hancock since 1997. The premium was fixed at $1,161 annually for me, and it has been that amount until yesterday. Yesterday I received a letter notifying me that beginning 1/1/15 my premium would be $2,322. That's a 100% increase.

I plan to drop my coverage, hopefully recoup some surrender value, and continue my wife's policy. She will also experience a 100% increase in premium cost.

This experience brings to mind the earlier warnings of, "Wait until 2015 when other provisions kick in...."

Sail on, Oh Ship of State!

I'm not sure how much the ACA had to do with your increase on your LTC policies. The LTC insurance biz has really changed over the past 5-10 years let alone since you got them.

Yes, but JA got a good deal, so the law is good. Suck it up, B word.

This looming decision that the Supreme court could possibly have profound impacts on the healthcare system or it may simply have no effect at all. The idea is that if they decide that the Federal government providing subsidies rather than the states is illegal, the thinking is that this basically may shut down almost the entire program. I find that hard to believe, the federal government still could set up an exchange for people to view the plans available and once the clients choose a plan through this exchange it could automatically direct them to the carriers website where the application for subsidies could be administered.

Am I missing something here?

"State Established Exchanges"" if your stat didn't establish an exchange you could be out in the cold... And suffer a fine/tax or a fine tax if you don't sign up for insurance.

I can't wait till the next Republican President forces through a federal mandate to require everyone to fully fund their IRAs and/or 401k or other investment vehicle every year or be taxed by the IRS for not conforming to that law.

Gruber Took The Measure Of The ACA:

Gruber’s attempt to downplay his role in the ACA is unconvincing, for reasons we suggested here. But the most damning comments by Gruber were not his “glib” words about the American public but his accurate analysis of the Affordable Care Act. For instance, in one of the videos that became controversial,
Gruber is taped saying “What the American public cares about is costs. And that’s why even though the bill that they made is 90% health insurance coverage and 10% about cost control, all you ever hear people talk about is cost control.” That is not glib; regardless of whether you think the law was sold deceptively in the way Gruber suggests, his understanding of the law’s focus on coverage over cost is correct.
Whether or not Gruber was “the architect” of the law, whether or not his more noxious comment can fairly be associated with the law, he understands the law—and that is damning enough.

Gruber Took The Measure Of The ACA:

Gruber’s attempt to downplay his role in the ACA is unconvincing, for reasons we suggested here. But the most damning comments by Gruber were not his “glib” words about the American public but his accurate analysis of the Affordable Care Act. For instance, in one of the videos that became controversial,
Gruber is taped saying “What the American public cares about is costs. And that’s why even though the bill that they made is 90% health insurance coverage and 10% about cost control, all you ever hear people talk about is cost control.” That is not glib; regardless of whether you think the law was sold deceptively in the way Gruber suggests, his understanding of the law’s focus on coverage over cost is correct.
Whether or not Gruber was “the architect” of the law, whether or not his more noxious comment can fairly be associated with the law, he understands the law—and that is damning enough.

Hence most of us referring to it as health insurance reform not health care reform from the get go.

I'm not sure how much the ACA had to do with your increase on your LTC policies. The LTC insurance biz has really changed over the past 5-10 years let alone since you got them.

I'm not totally sure either. I do know the cost of health care is increasing and a LTC policy promises to pay for future health care costs w/in a specific framework. I propose that John Hancock is positioning itself now for the next dropping shoe. Since the ACA impacts all forms of health care from private policies to Medicare, I refuse to believe that the LTC industry is insulated from the long arm of the IRS-managed ACA.

I'm not totally sure either. I do know the cost of health care is increasing and a LTC policy promises to pay for future health care costs w/in a specific framework. I propose that John Hancock is positioning itself now for the next dropping shoe. Since the ACA impacts all forms of health care from private policies to Medicare, I refuse to believe that the LTC industry is insulated from the long arm of the IRS-managed ACA.

I assume there is a component of that involved.

I am.

Basically, every supplier of meds, equipment and everything "medical" was told by HHS, as a part of Obamacare, "Set your prices now, because once this goes into effect, you'll never be able to raise them again, without our direct say so." Um, LTC uses meds, just a little bit. :lol: In fact 30% of the total man-hours expended in the average LTC facility is spent on Meds, and are passed by only those with 2 years of school or above(LPNs). So, Meds? Important.

I know 3 pharma reps who are giggling their asses off right now with all their new comissions. Why? Because they tripled the price of their meds. One Pharma manager has increased her price for a specific set of drugs to aall her LTC clients by 2000%. The last time I spoke with her, my friend's wife, she was picking out a new muscle car for herself. She's worse than Jackie Chan.

This is how they got the Pharma companies to go along. Notice that while there is a "medical device" tax, there is no "medication tax". That's because Big Pharma has more poltitical power than little device company. Thus, the pharma companies have been legally sanctioned to price gouge every health care provider, and thus every payer, especially Medicare. If you truly know LTC, then you know that Medicare, in all things, is the root cause of ALL business decisions for those that participate in the LTC market, and many in the Acute, and clinical areas as well.

Thus, the increase in LTC insurance, due to sudden, massive, increase in cost right through the LTC supply chain, was inevitable.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot this. And hey Keuka? Remember that CMS has decided to stop paying LTC provider $18 a day for their Medicaid patients. Now they are going to pay a whole $22(adjusted based on area, but no more than $40). Horray! Yeah, try caring for someone with diabetes amputation or incontinence or dimentia on $22 a day.

NO LTC provider can run their business that way. So...guess who gets to make up the difference in the LTC provider's budget, Keuka? :lol:

And, no, this isn't an Obamacare problem, this has been going on for decades! Hooray Government Health Care for ALL! (paid for by some)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I am.

Basically, every supplier of meds, equipment and everything "medical" was told by HHS, as a part of Obamacare, "Set your prices now, because once this goes into effect, you'll never be able to raise them again, without our direct say so." Um, LTC uses meds, just a little bit. :lol: In fact 30% of the total man-hours expended in the average LTC facility is spent on Meds, and are passed by only those with 2 years of school or above(LPNs). So, Meds? Important.

I know 3 pharma reps who are giggling their asses off right now with all their new comissions. Why? Because they tripled the price of their meds. One Pharma manager has increased her price for a specific set of drugs to aall her LTC clients by 2000%. The last time I spoke with her, my friend's wife, she was picking out a new muscle car for herself. She's worse than Jackie Chan.

This is how they got the Pharma companies to go along. Notice that while there is a "medical device" tax, there is no "medication tax". That's because Big Pharma has more poltitical power than little device company. Thus, the pharma companies have been legally sanctioned to price gouge every health care provider, and thus every payer, especially Medicare. If you truly know LTC, then you know that Medicare, in all things, is the root cause of ALL business decisions for those that participate in the LTC market, and many in the Acute, and clinical areas as well.

Thus, the increase in LTC insurance, due to sudden, massive, increase in cost right through the LTC supply chain, was inevitable.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot this. And hey Keuka? Remember that CMS has decided to stop paying LTC provider $18 a day for their Medicaid patients. Now they are going to pay a whole $22(adjusted based on area, but no more than $40). Horray! Yeah, try caring for someone with diabetes amputation or incontinence or dimentia on $22 a day.

NO LTC provider can run their business that way. So...guess who gets to make up the difference in the LTC provider's budget, Keuka? :lol:

And, no, this isn't an Obamacare problem, this has been going on for decades! Hooray Government Health Care for ALL! (paid for by some)

I posted something about this very topic when all of this came to light. Big Pharma was the only thing the liberals took off the table in exchange for their silence because that industry would have killed Obamacare all by itself with nothing but the power of its own lobby. The Emperor NEVER had any clothes.

Welcome to the government you deserve, liberals on both sides of the aisle.

Obama says HealthCare.gov works Flawlessly’

Urges shoppers to revisit site on Monday deadline

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times - Monday, December 15, 2014

President Obama says the federal Obamacare exchange works “flawlessly” and that returning customers should “go shopping” before the end of the day for a good deal on coverage that starts Jan. 1.

“It’s a good Christmas present for people who already have signed up for the Affordable Care Act to just take the time to go shopping. It won’t take you long, and you may end up saving money,” he told Ryan Seacrest in a taped phone interview that aired Monday.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/15/obama-says-healthcaregov-works-flawlessly/#ixzz3M1HIm56t

Burwell Recruits Liberal 'Faith Leaders' to Promote Obamacare

by Penny Starr

Original Article

Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell met with “faith organizations from across the country” last week to ask them to help people enroll in federal health care insurance plans created through the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. “We know that the most effective voices on helping folks learn about the Affordable Care Act are voices in their community and voices that they trust,” Burwell said to reporters following the “closed press” meeting on Friday.

Shumlin: It's 'Not The Right Time' For Single Payer

Gov. Peter Shumlin has abandoned his plan to institute a single-payer health system in Vermont.

The shocking policy reversal comes just six weeks after an election in which Shumlin had vowed, in unequivocal terms, to make Vermont the first state in the country with a publicly financed health care system.

http://digital.vpr.n...me-single-payer

257,000 Doctors Will Get Medicare Pay Cut For Using Paper Records

More than 250,000 physicians and other health professionals are being notified as early as today that their payments from Medicare and Medicaid will be cut because they aren’t adequately using electronic health records in their practices, the Obama administration confirmed.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, known as CMS, is telling about 257,000 eligible medical care providers who are largely physicians that they will be paid 1 percent less in reimbursement next year from both the Medicare health insurance program for the elderly and the Medicaid insurance program for the poor because they failed to comply with so-called “Meaningful Use” of electronic health records standards in 2013.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2014/12/18/257000-doctors-will-get-medicare-pay-cut-for-using-paper-records/

Shumlin: It's 'Not The Right Time' For Single Payer

Gov. Peter Shumlin has abandoned his plan to institute a single-payer health system in Vermont.

The shocking policy reversal comes just six weeks after an election in which Shumlin had vowed, in unequivocal terms, to make Vermont the first state in the country with a publicly financed health care system.

http://digital.vpr.n...me-single-payer

The shock is real.

257,000 Doctors Will Get Medicare Pay Cut For Using Paper Records

More than 250,000 physicians and other health professionals are being notified as early as today that their payments from Medicare and Medicaid will be cut because they aren’t adequately using electronic health records in their practices, the Obama administration confirmed.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, known as CMS, is telling about 257,000 eligible medical care providers who are largely physicians that they will be paid 1 percent less in reimbursement next year from both the Medicare health insurance program for the elderly and the Medicaid insurance program for the poor because they failed to comply with so-called “Meaningful Use” of electronic health records standards in 2013.

http://www.forbes.co...-paper-records/

Well, there you have it ladies.

What have I been saying about Meaningful Use, and for how long? Where the F is birdog? Mr. "Meaningful Use is No Big Deal". :lol: Utter retard.

I wonder how many docs are going to continue to see Medicare and Medicaid patients, now that they are being taxed on the already crap wages they get for seeing these people at all? 1% is basically 1/3-1/2 their margin. Answer: stop seeing them. Therefore, what is going to happen when there aren't enough doctors to see these patients? You guessed it! Illegal side payments and/or rationing! Hooray Soviet Health Care!

And you know what else? Our "Per Capita Health Spending" #s will "go down"! Awesome! When can we expect a new dopey graph that shows phony per capita spending by nation in this thread! I can't wait for that. :lol:

Democrats will say "see, I told you we'd cut costs!" (Actually, morons, cutting cost is not spending less, because nobody can get seen, because there are no doctors willing to see them. That has nothing to do with cutting costs. That's called crushing supply, while artificially lowering/maintaining the price. 100% of the time, this forms a black market...and welcome to the Soviet system) Yeah! It's as phony as can be, but cheer anyway! Hooray!

This.argument == over. Big time. This one ends with birdog's head on a spike.

Once again, as I have said many times: I just got 257k potential new customers. I should be happy. I should be the biggest supporter of Obamacare's idiocy in the land. But, I'm not, because it Fs the country.

Edited by OCinBuffalo