The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I'm still ahead since last year during the sign up, my rates went way downbut it's amusing that the increase (for me at least) mirrors what I'd been seeing all those years before Obamacare

I have many friends who lost the plan they loved only to end up with a plan that increases their potential OOP by 10s of thousands of dollars who are having a very difficult time finding the humor.

Edited by LABillzFan

That can easily happen with a prescription rider. Say for example someone's on a RA drug for maintenance. It costs about $17,000 for a three months supply. If one's former (pre-Obamination's ACA) "cadillac" insurance may have covered it for a regular nominal co-pay. Now with the swell SOB's plan in place that one shipment of drug could cost $1,700 or more for that individual. That's $6,800 OOP for a single drug.

That abortion of a law has ruptured the social contract that employees had with their companies.

I have many friends who lost the plan they loved only to end up with a plan that increases their potential OOP by 10s of thousands of dollars who are having a very difficult time finding the humor.

Ocare exchanges gave me a one year reset followed by increases in line with what we'd long been seeing all along.

There are lots of plans out there. Just have to pay for the things you want. And even if you're willing to pay, you might not get the benefits you want. That was true before and after the exchanges.

You've been Grubered!...................... If You Like Your Obamacare Health Plan, You Can Keep It, If HHS Doesn’t Pick a New One For You.

“Here’s a Friday Obamacare news-dump for you: In a 300-page regulatory proposal released late this afternoon, the Department of Health and Human Services announced that it is considering changing Obamacare’s auto-renewal rules so that, within the health law’s exchanges, instead of being automatically renewed into your current health plan, you’d be moved into the lowest cost plan from the same service tier. . . . It’s not just auto-reenrollment. It’s auto-reassignment. Basically, if you like your plan, but don’t go out of your way to intentionally re-enroll, the kind and wise folks at HHS or state health exchanges might just pick a new plan—perhaps with different doctors, clinics, cost structures, and benefit options—for you.

And if you want to switch back? Good luck once open enrollment is closed. There’s always next year. A hassle? Maybe.

But have faith: They know what’s best.”

Edited by B-Man

Schumer: Democrats Lost Due to Focus on Obamacare

Chuck Schumer, the third-ranking Senate Democrat, has identified a key reason Democrats lost so badly in the midterm elections: Obamacare.

The New Yorker many Senate Democrats believe will eventually replace Harry Reid as their leader told a National Press Club audience that his party focused on “the wrong problem” after they captured the White House and both houses of Congress in 2008.

“After passing the stimulus, Democrats should have continued to propose middle class-oriented programs and built on the partial success of the stimulus,” Schumer said. “But unfortunately Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them. We took their mandate and put all of our focus on the wrong problem — health care reform.”

More at the link

More at the link

The trifecta of dumbass progressives (Obama, Pelosi and Reid) have always considered nationalized health care to be the holy grail of liberal accomplishments, regardless of how moronic, costly and embarrassingly written the law would become. They simply wanted to say "We're the one's who brought you this," without once thinking that they could phuck it up.

Had they focused on true economic growth beyond the trillion-dollar kickback to donors and supporters, Obama would be helping Hillary pick out drapes.

But no.

Here's a Forbes article about the same story of the Camera-Hogboy Himself... He wished Obama cared more about helping Democrats than sick people.

"Democrats could have passed a much less disruptive, bipartisan plan to offer tax credits to the uninsured, without driving up costs for everyone else.

They chose not to."

It wasn't as simple as giving out tax credits. The ACA made profound changes in the way insurers are allowed to behave, how they spend your premium dollars for example. It disrupted the system in a good way, and the allocation of cost was shifted many different ways, some people got more some people paid more.

In the end, after all the dire predictions, what has been so awful? Deductibles went up, but a R proposal included large deductibles and HSA to pay for them. Premiums have gone up, but millions of people are now getting Heath coverage they could not get or could not afford before.

Chuck a Schumer can fist himself, just another out for himself self centered beaurcratic stooge.

And I'm tired of hearing about the poor middle class. These same people who whine boo-hoo stories of financial meagerness are the same herd that are fighting with each other on Black Friday for **** they don't need with money they don't have.

Chuck a Schumer can fist himself...

He doesn't need to because he's already getting fisted by every possible talking head on the left. He has betrayed their line of thinking, and now he must pay.

Frankly, I enjoy watching progressives eat themselves, but this one is particularly bloody.

And I'm tired of hearing about the poor middle class. These same people who whine boo-hoo stories of financial meagerness are the same herd that are fighting with each other on Black Friday for **** they don't need with money they don't have.

You see no difference between people freely choosing to spend their own money on things that they value, and government mandates forcing them to spend their money on other people on things that they don't value?

Further, you're asserting that all, or even a majority, of "middle class" people (and you're wrong, those folks are working class, not middle class, and will likely never manage to become middle class in part because of people like you) are out blowing their savings on Black Friday sales?

Or is that just a false-narrative generalization you like to make in order to make you more comfortable with you "I know better for you than you do" mindset?

And what about the 37 million uninsured that the ACA was supposed to cover? Lies, lies, and more lies.

Why put a tax on "Cadillac" plans - except the union collectively bargained ones?

So what - my deductible goes up from $300 to $3,600 before I get any insurance payments - and my premiums increase as well?

!@#$ you Obama and every God Damned mother !@#$er that voted for this piece of ****.

I hope you all get cancer every cancer known to man.

HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? : Gallup: Under ObamaCare, Record Numbers Of Americans Foregoing Medical Care Because Of Cost.

“One in three Americans has put off seeking medical treatment in 2014 due to high costs, according to Gallup, the highest percentage since Gallup began asking the question in 2001.

Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay, according to the survey. Obamacare, of course, had promised that it would help make health care more affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can’t afford a trip to the doctor has actually risen three points since 2013, before most Obamacare provisions took effect.”

You see no difference between people freely choosing to spend their own money on things that they value, and government mandates forcing them to spend their money on other people on things that they don't value?

Further, you're asserting that all, or even a majority, of "middle class" people (and you're wrong, those folks are working class, not middle class, and will likely never manage to become middle class in part because of people like you) are out blowing their savings on Black Friday sales?

Or is that just a false-narrative generalization you like to make in order to make you more comfortable with you "I know better for you than you do" mindset?

Well, I can try and help you understand why a guy who has worked for decades as a health care administrator would say something like the above.

They spend years eating the cost of the emergency room for free health care plan. Now, somebody, anybody, else has to pay. Not just pay today, but pay for all the years these administrators had to stare at their spreadsheets and say "no fair!". It's not hard for them to take the next step, and say "everybody has to be forced to have insurance, no matter how stupidly the program is designed....because now I get my way!".

That's how we get the "black Friday" argument from him, in its ridiculous entirety.

See, I know these people very, very well. After meeting thousands of them, I've identified the patterns in their "thinking", and I use that term loosely.

The specific one here is: "We've been suffering for years due to our situation, so we DO know better: it's somebody else's turn to suffer". But, as my sig says: most of their problems are self-induced. THEY are the ones who allowed the government to dominate their industry. They are the ones who gleefully took the insurance $ from the gold-plated plans for years, which over time allowed the insurance industry the same ability to dominate their industry. In essence, they've been crack whores for years, and instead of getting off the junk, they keep coming back for more.

There are wise doctors(some of whom I know personally), who have basically kicked both the government and insurance out of their businesses entirely. They do it all on the down-low, but they do it. They are making more $, their patients are paying less, getting quality care immediately, and....of course the government and insurance companies are doing all they can to shut them down.

One guy in particular is starting his own down-low hospital. :lol:

Obamacare et al is yet another example of the folly of giving an order you know no one will follow. Common sense says don't do it, and, you spend more time/$/effort trying to combat the ways people get around your order, than if you had just kept your mouth shut.

In the end, Obamacare/health care, and artificial raising of oil rices will all be resolved by the ultimate judge/jury/executioner: the free market.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There are wise doctors(some of whom I know personally), who have basically kicked both the government and insurance out of their businesses entirely. They do it all on the down-low, but they do it. They are making more $, their patients are paying less, getting quality care immediately, and....of course the government and insurance companies are doing all they can to shut them down.

My doctor does that. He makes more, and I pay less, than we would if we involved insurance. Been doing that for years.

My doctor does that. He makes more, and I pay less, than we would if we involved insurance. Been doing that for years.

And as long as he/you/the rest of the patients keep their mouths shut?

The free market you've created will prevail.

There are literally seminars being offered right now teaching doctors how to run this model. Right out in the open. Many docs and patients have lost their fear of the "law", largely because it is a lawless law, that has been enforced lawlessly. And, I'd like to see HHS come and try to shut your doctor down. The PR cost alone means they don't have the balls.

Besides, these are largely nutless wonders anyway. The massive Medicare fraud proves that. No one fears them, and without fear, this form of "law" is doomed.

As I've said many times, ultimately Medicare will fail because of things like this: http://thegreenhouseproject.org/. I went to the home of the doctor behind this in 2003. He had a server stack in his basement(right next to his dog's crate...yikes!). He had an underpants gnomes approach geared towards doing what we already were:

1. Spend $20k on hardware

2. ?

3. Collect all data but only deliver the relevant little bits in real time.

He was greatly disappointed when I responded to his "original idea" with my software, already in production. But, he got over it. He's a smart dude. Guys like this is why Medicare is ultimately doomed. If you can spend $150-300/month on your mom, she gets better care, lives with 8 people, and never wants for anything?

Again, free market.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

ACA Author Tom Harkin: We're incompetent dolts who passed a complicated law to bribe votes from congressional members who were eventually fired for being incompetent dolts.

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress.

“We had the power to do it in a way that would have simplified healthcare, made it more efficient and made it less costly and we didn’t do it,” Harkin told The Hill. “So I look back and say we should have either done it the correct way or not done anything at all.

“What we did is we muddle through and we got a system that is complex, convoluted, needs probably some corrections and still rewards the insurance companies extensively,” he added.

There sure are a lot of Dems running away from Obamacare.

But hey...JA is happy with his deal, so the law is awesome! :lol:

ACA Author Tom Harkin: We're incompetent dolts who passed a complicated law to bribe votes from congressional members who were eventually fired for being incompetent dolts.

There sure are a lot of Dems running away from Obamacare.

But hey...JA is happy with his deal, so the law is awesome! :lol:

Why does it take them almost five years to figure out on their own what many of us where screaming at the time?

Represent the people, my ass. :wallbash:

Why does it take them almost five years to figure out on their own what many of us where screaming at the time?

Represent the people, my ass. :wallbash:

I think they realize their incompetence is soon to be on full display when the Supreme Court exposes their idiocy over the state exchange subsidy...essentially setting themselves up to say "See, I told you we did it wrong."

But they weren't wrong, and the law really isn't as bad as the entire country realizes, because JA got a good deal, and that means everyone just isn't looking hard enough for their good deal.