The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

IT’S POTEMKIN VILLAGES ALL THE WAY DOWN:

Obamacare Facebook page comments mostly from small group of supporters: 60 percent of site’s 226,838 comments attributed to fewer than 100 unique profiles.

Organizing for Action declined to comment to The Times when asked whether it hired paid commentators to post on the site during high-traffic days or tried to spur online conversation through volunteers.

Organizing for Action also handles the president’s Twitter feed. This summer, it was found that nearly half of the president’s 43 million followers at the time appeared to be fake, according to researchers at Barracuda, a computer security company in Campbell, California. Organizing for Action also declined to comment at that time.

I expect we’ll eventually find that this is the tip of the iceberg in Obama campaign social-media fakery. An interesting question is whether Facebook and Twitter knew.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/198410/

Obamacare Facebook page comments mostly from small group of supporters: 60 percent of site’s 226,838 comments attributed to fewer than 100 unique profiles.

Organizing for Action declined to comment to The Times when asked whether it hired paid commentators to post on the site during high-traffic days or tried to spur online conversation through volunteers.

Organizing for Action also handles the president’s Twitter feed. This summer, it was found that nearly half of the president’s 43 million followers at the time appeared to be fake, according to researchers at Barracuda, a computer security company in Campbell, California. Organizing for Action also declined to comment at that time.

I expect we’ll eventually find that this is the tip of the iceberg in Obama campaign social-media fakery. An interesting question is whether Facebook and Twitter knew.

An accurate refection on Democrat voter rolls.

Badum-tish!

Gambling in Casablanca? I'm shocked!

SEAN DAVIS: It’s Time For Leftist Gruber Truthers To Give It A Rest.

“Gruber was an Obamacare architect who helped draft the law. This is a fact regardless of whether it’s currently convenient for the Left.”

(Nonsense. Things that are inconvenient for the left aren’t “facts.” They’re things “Republicans claim.”)...............lol

NEW WHITE HOUSE SPIN: Those Gruber Videos About How We Were Lying To You In 2009? They’re From Way Back In 2009!

CULTURE OF CORRUPTION: Obamacare’s Insurance Cronyism.

“The New York Times has finally caught on to the fact that the Affordable Care Act’s biggest winners are not individual Americans but huge insurance companies. A recent piece in the paper of record notes that insurance companies benefit from vast federal subsidies and the legal mandate that everyone has to buy their stuff. In return, these companies provide support for the Affordable Care Act and the Administration, including helping to fix the troubled Healthcare.gov and backing the law against its legal challengers. Out are the ringing denunciations of insurance company profiteering that were commonplace in the Democratic party before the ACA was passed; in are gratitude and paeans to ‘cooperation.’”

When government and industry are “cooperating,” it’s usually at your expense.

WaPo: Keystone XL: Mary Landrieu’s final indignity.

She cast the deciding vote in favor of ObamaCare in exchange for the “Louisiana Purchase.” I wonder if she thinks that was worth it, now.

Or are they the people to whom Grub was referring?

Absolutely. They never met a wealth redistribution scheme they didn't love. They are rich with jealousy and envy and are incapable of feeling or thinking differently. They are emotional cripples and morally bankrupt.

Jake Tapper: Obama promised Obamacare wouldn’t do exactly what Gruber says it will do. And what it’s now clear it was intended to do all along.

At a town hall meeting where he campaigned for health care legislation in 2009, President Barack Obama pledged to voters that he did not want any tax on health insurance plans he perceived as wastefully generous to ever impact average Americans. But in recent comments by one of the men who helped draft the legislation, MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, that is not only precisely what will happen — but that was the intention of the tax. White House officials had no comment, despite repeated requests by CNN.

Jake Tapper: Obama promised Obamacare wouldn’t do exactly what Gruber says it will do. And what it’s now clear it was intended to do all along.

At a town hall meeting where he campaigned for health care legislation in 2009, President Barack Obama pledged to voters that he did not want any tax on health insurance plans he perceived as wastefully generous to ever impact average Americans. But in recent comments by one of the men who helped draft the legislation, MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, that is not only precisely what will happen — but that was the intention of the tax. White House officials had no comment, despite repeated requests by CNN.

B. O.'s quote: "what I said and I've taken off the table would be the idea that you just described, which would be that you would actually provide -- you would eliminate the tax deduction that employers get for providing you with health insurance, because, frankly, a lot of employers then would stop providing health care, and we'd probably see more people lose their health insurance than currently have it. And that's not obviously our objective in reform."

Lying Son of a B word. My healthcare coverage plan was taken off the table because of the threat of this tax.

I hope every **** who voted for this abortion gets cancer.

B. O.'s quote: "what I said and I've taken off the table would be the idea that you just described, which would be that you would actually provide -- you would eliminate the tax deduction that employers get for providing you with health insurance, because, frankly, a lot of employers then would stop providing health care, and we'd probably see more people lose their health insurance than currently have it. And that's not obviously our objective in reform."

Lying Son of a B word. My healthcare coverage plan was taken off the table because of the threat of this tax.

I hope every **** who voted for this abortion gets cancer.

The whole thing was written as a Trojan horse to destroy the private healthcare marketplace so that progressives could later implement single payer.

The whole thing was written as a Trojan horse to destroy the private healthcare marketplace so that progressives could later implement single payer.

I honestly think that gives them far more credit for intent and foresight than they deserve.

I honestly think that gives them far more credit for intent and foresight than they deserve.

I honestly think that destroying the insurance industry was the "best case scenario", or the best target of opportunity beyond the primary mission. In other words, regardless of success or failure of Obamacare, the door to single payer would be jammed open and still be an option. So, you're both right, in a way.

The Democrats knew that they had to keep Single Payer alive if they still wanted $ from the people who demand it. This was done because remember: single payer couldn't get passed by a D Senate with super majority. Single Payer was going to die, never mind remain an option that might have still been available in 2017.

IF the Democrats had been able to coerce more Republican governors into setting up state exchanges, or else, which is how the political trap was supposed to operate...given the D's ongoing delusion that demographics means they will always win, and if the R govs didn't follow along they'd be out of a job? Then, the single payer approach would be the backup/reform in the assumed Hillary presidency.

Unfortunately for Ds, not only did the Rs govs call their bluff, they left them with the now impossible to prove SCOTUS case they are facing. Worst of all, the Ds/Feds proved yet again that they are playing with fire, which they don't even know is hot(Orwell), and the website and the entire system was created by people who know nothing about health care, or heath insurance, or enterprise/IT/management.

As GG is fond of saying, why is there no Chief Economics Officer at any corporation?

Answer: Because Boards and CEOs have little desire for Gruberish.

So, what we have here is a confluence of delusion, incompetence, and horrible political calculations...in the vain attempt to keep Single Payer a viable option. The final result?

Single Payer Is Dead. Forever. It's more dead now than if they had done nothing. There's no way in hell anyone would dare build a campaign on it, other than Elizabeth Warren. And I hope she does. I'd like to see a 50-state GOP win in my lifetime.

HHS Admits Unbelievably Lucky ‘Mistake’

Another day, another Obamacare lie. Bloomberg reports:

The Obama administration included as many as 400,000 dental plans in a number it reported for enrollments under the Affordable Care Act, an unpublicized detail that helped surpass a goal for 7 million sign-ups.

Without the dental plans, the federal government would have had 6.97 million people with medical insurance under the law known as Obamacare, investigators for the House Oversight and Government Reform committee calculated, using data they obtained from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Federal officials said in September they had 7.3 million people enrolled in coverage through new government-run insurance exchanges. They didn’t distinguish between medical and dental plans, breaking from previous practice without notice.

HHS admits that it made a “mistake”:

Gosh, that really was an astonishingly lucky mistake, wasn’t it? The administration made an error that just happened to push their enrollment numbers above their predicted number. What are the chances!

Completed the renewal. After comparing all plans, and trying to keep the equivalent one that we had, our premiums went up (wait for it) 20%.

That's the same as it had been going up every year for the last 10.

I'm still ahead since last year during the sign up, my rates went way downbut it's amusing that the increase (for me at least) mirrors what I'd been seeing all those years before Obamacare

Never fear, POTUS has got your back...and your wallet. It appears that the puppeteers behind POTUS and his political party are nothing but well-heeled individuals and groups that believe the environmentalist concepts, open borders ideas and other such new wave thinking will cloud the agenda so that a minority can derail the majority. Republicans have a chance to right the ship, but recriminations are not the way to do it: Develop a long-range plan, set out on the path and ignore the administrations cries of foul when they come. Focus on the prize in 2016 and beyond.