Dareus named PFF All-Pro

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, who votes for these awards? What are their qualifications? After all, voters for the All-Pro team put Jason Peters in.

I'm being sarcastic, but PFF pales in comparison as far as credibility to the All-Pro or even Pro Bowl voting.

I still suspect Marrone will advise Whaley that Dareus does not fit into their plans and try to move him for a mid round pick.

I think Dareus is going to really surprise people with how well he plays. He does not seem to have the huge heart Fred Jackson does and he doesn't seem to have the character of Kyle Wiliams, but Dareus does have a ton of talent and that alone could make him among the best in the game. With some maturity he will shirley develop as he gets older he could easily become the best at his position in the game today.

I watched a lot of him in the offseason, his first and second year, and I could see where he was good and where he was bad. As long as you don't expect him to sit there and take a beating by plugging holes he will churn you out some good numbers. He is a great DL that tweens between a DT, NT and DE. I hope to see him more as a hybrid DT/DE next year where we get a new LB that can be like Watt in Houston or Freeney in Indy.

Wait, who votes for these awards? What are their qualifications? After all, voters for the All-Pro team put Jason Peters in.

I'm being sarcastic, but PFF pales in comparison as far as credibility to the All-Pro or even Pro Bowl voting.

I still suspect Marrone will advise Whaley that Dareus does not fit into their plans and try to move him for a mid round pick.

That would be a terrible, terrible personnel move and do nothing to improve this team so I guess there is a chance it happens.

Marcel Dareus came into the NFL as a 20 year old.

I've posted before the incredible fact that even as a 3rd year player, he is only 6 days older than our rookie QB.

This kid has improved every year and I look for him to continue to improve and mature.

Kudos to Marcel on an excellent year.

Marcel Dareus came into the NFL as a 20 year old.

I've posted before the incredible fact that even as a 3rd year player, he is only 6 days older than our rookie QB.

This kid has improved every year and I look for him to continue to improve and mature.

Kudos to Marcel on an excellent year.

There's something about him that worries me he is going to be a MONSTER in a contract year but might not in the years after. Hopefully he proves me right on the first half and wrong on the second.

Can you imagine if they keep Crossman and move Dareus? lol

Edited by vincec

No way. Dareus still has upside. Keep in mind this was a new system.

AJ Green - 98 rec., 1,426 yards, 11 TDs

Top 4 Bills receivers:

Chandler - 53 rec, 655 yds, 2 TD

Stevie - 52 rec, 597 yds, 3 TD

Woods - 40 rec, 587 yds, 3 TD,

Freddie - 47, 387 yds, 1 TD

Combined: 192 rec, 2,226, 9 TDs

AJ Green might have added 2-3 wins based on his redzone production alone in close games. I don't think Dareus added that much to the team. He's a good player but he's not a top 10 NFL player, which Green is.