Dolphins Fans Should Be Ashamed

maybe the bills should pick up Jonathan Martin as the right tackle, as long as he's not afraid to play the Dolphins twice a year.

no thanks, don't need emotionally weak players on the team. He might have mental problems and that is unfortunate but bottom line is he did not handle the pressure well and is some one we don't need.

Tell ya what I would take Incognito in a heartbeat for our ailing LG position (if he gets cut).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston comeback was definitely blacked out. We had one of those giant satellite dishes back then and everyone came over.

Strange how after a couple years people took the success for granted. Kelly was not playing which didn't help.

After 14 years if the bills were in the dolphins position the Ralph would have rockin fo sho,

So yes, their fans should be ashamed.

Glad you can see the future and predict outcomes, what stocks should I buy?

The Bills had several non sell outs in late season and play off games in the Super Bowl years.

The only non-sell out as I remember it was the Houston Wild Card game. In fact, they set NFL attendance records some of those years and topped the league in attendance pretty much every year during their Super Bowl years.

For the Houston game, I know many will legitimately say these are just excuses, but in one of the smallest NFL markets they did only have one week to sell tickets as many or most fans were still expecting a first round bye. And, since they were just beaten badly the last game of the season by the same team (and Kelly was knocked out of that game and would not be playing the Wild Card game), many thought the chances would be dismal. Just like now, people don't want to sit in the cold to watch a team lose.

I was at the comeback game and could have easily been talked out of leaving at halftime. In fact, it I didn't have a 3 and a half hour drive home after the game (I lived in Binghamton at the time and was working on Monday), I likely would have suggested going over my friend's house in Orchard Park and just drinking.

Bills fans should feel like they have a team that has some good young and good veteran talent on both sides of the football, that they brought in a great DC, and that if they can get some consistently average to slightly above average QB play they should be able to contend for a playoff berth.

I struggle with this perception. How are we doing against the run? We can't stop it. We couldn't stop it yesterday. Belicheck will run it down our throats until we do. When a team lacks a running game and has a poor OL, we have had some success. Our high-drafted star DLman was sitting on the bench half the game because the coaching staff can't motivate him to avoid habitual lateness.

How does that make the DC great? Better than Wannstache yes, but great?

Philbin is not working out, and neither is Tannehill. The Dolphins can't differentiate themselves from the lowly Jets or Bills, and are miles from challenging the Patriots.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick won't be in New England forever... all this talk about being miles from challenging the Pats* is HOOEY. They are obviously not going to keep winning and eventually one of us will knock the Pats* off of their perch. The Dolphins collapsed, but they aren't completely devoid of talent... they DID beat the Pats* after all, something we did NOT do!!!!!!

If there is anything to be ashamed about, it is the state of the Dolphins O-line and the half-filled lower level yesterday in Miami.

Edited by BmoreBills

There were other non playoff black outs in the early 90 years. I recall going to bars to watch various games.

There was a shoot out with Philly Kelly against Cunningham. Cunningham threw like a 98 yard completion right before the half, was it to a guy named Barnett??

There was an early Nov game against Az played in like 50 MPH winds, I believe Buffalo won something like 10-7, if I recall Kenneth Davis made some type of big play in the game??

I believe there was a Monday night game against Denver that also didn't sell out. I know I watched it in a bar so assume it wasn't on local TV.

Those are three I can recall, but there may have been some others too?

The only non-sell out as I remember it was the Houston Wild Card game. In fact, they set NFL attendance records some of those years and topped the league in attendance pretty much every year during their Super Bowl years.

There were other non playoff black outs in the early 90 years. I recall going to bars to watch various games.

There was a shoot out with Philly Kelly against Cunningham. Cunningham threw like a 98 yard completion right before the half, was it to a guy named Barnett??

There was an early Nov game against Az played in like 50 MPH winds, I believe Buffalo won something like 10-7, if I recall Kenneth Davis made some type of big play in the game??

I believe there was a Monday night game against Denver that also didn't sell out. I know I watched it in a bar so assume it wasn't on local TV.

Those are three I can recall, but there may have been some others too?

I remember that one well. Cunningham ducking about 3 yards deep in the end zone as Bruce goes flying over top of him. Cunningham pops up and throws it waaay down field for a TD.

I recall being more than a little stunned...

I just saw a replay of it around a month ago. On the show A football Life, one week the subject was Cunningham and they showed that play and parts of that game.

I remember that one well. Cunningham ducking about 3 yards deep in the end zone as Bruce goes flying over top of him. Cunningham pops up and throws it waaay down field for a TD.

I recall being more than a little stunned...

I'd rather be a dolphin fan then eagle fan. The eagles are good this year but really won't go far in the playoffs IMO. They are in a weak conference so they're lucky but IIRC they're about to be in salary cap hell

The fins on the other hand have disorganization and chaos wrt to the locker room but the pieces are there.

I'd rather be a dolphin fan then eagle fan. The eagles are good this year but really won't go far in the playoffs IMO. They are in a weak conference so they're lucky but IIRC they're about to be in salary cap hell

The fins on the other hand have disorganization and chaos wrt to the locker room but the pieces are there.

They were just about beaten last night until Romo, Sorry, I meant Orton, gift wrapped the game for them with that throw right to the Eagles defender.

The announcers talked about the Eagles being a team that you probably won't want to face in the playoffs, but I can't agree with that. They have been Jeckell and Hyde, sometimes the offence is unstoppable putting up huge points, other weeks a beaten up Cowboys team almost beats them. Its similar to the Saints, who will dominate at home, then look very beatable on the road.

As for the original post, the Dolphins FANS, have nothing to be ashamed about, other then the usual, being fans of the teal and orange porpoises.

The Dolphins team and organisation though should be ashamed of their play the last few weeks (among other things this season), when the pressure was on to win and be in, they folded and lost to 2 division rivals that were playing out the season.

What I can't stand are the comments about how just because the Bills weren't good, their fans can't have any negative reactions over another team losing? We are just supposed to sit there with a "Whoa is us" attitude and praise those above us in the standings? The Bills beat the Dolphins twice this year, so what if they ended the season with 2 less wins then the Dolphins. Both teams aren't playing any more games this year and both are out of the playoffs. I'm not going to sit there and act like they are so much better just because they won 2 more games and almost made the playoffs.

They should be disappointed in their team, sure, but ashamed? The only thing they should be ashamed of is the fact that a must-win game in their stadium was only half-full, and many there were Jets fans. The players and front office should be ashamed of what went on on the field.

The Bills had several non sell outs in late season and play off games in the Super Bowl years.

Not at first. After a few years of going 12-4/13-3 every year, there may have been a few non sell-outs for meaningless late season games. As far as playoffs, the only one that wasn't a sell out was the Oilers game (which I was at). And you have to understand the circumstances- they had now been in the playoffs for five straight years and they had lost a slew of players to injury, including Kelly. They had also gotten blown out by that same Oilers team 27-3 the previous week and had zero momentum going into the playoffs. The Bills set attendance records year after year in those years and it was considered one of the toughest- if not the toughest- places to play in the NFL. The capacity was 80,250 and the gate attendance would sometimes somehow even exceed that. Please do not compare Super Bowl era Buffalo Bills fans to Miami Dolphins fans ever again. Thank you.

Edited by metzelaars_lives