Improve the offense or make this an elite defense in draft?

Big Turk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is frustrating the read that we need move Glenn; he has been playing great all season and is one of the best in the league as you indicated above. I wish those posts/comments would stop....I have no idea where the evidence to say we need to move him comes from....

Unfortunately this is what the mass of over-information and over-opinion prior to a Draft results in...

OK (some) folks...We understand most Draft pundits did not believe Cordy Glenn was an NFL LT...But he has clearly proven those pundits incorrect with his actual play on the field, in the actual NFL...Stop reading his Draft reports and watch the freaking kid play...He's got 29 NFL starts as a LT...Put in a freaking tape and watch him... ;)

It is frustrating the read that we need move Glenn; he has been playing great all season and is one of the best in the league as you indicated above. I wish those posts/comments would stop....I have no idea where the evidence to say we need to move him comes from....

Buddy's smokescreen still paying dividends.

It comes from people who don't know football.

I believe in BPA (Best Player Available).

With that said I say go O heavy. We need more guys that can actually catch the football for EJ and Thaddeus or whoever. Fast smurfs need not apply. I've got both feet firmly planted on the Austin Seferian Jenkins bandwagon.

I'd also like to see us pick up another RB in FA to add to Fred and CJ. The NO Saints 3 headed monster routine. And if Fred or CJ get hurt we still got 2 good options.

I think if we can keep Bryd and maybe upgrade a couple of guys our D will be good enough that with a little help from O we can make playoffs.

Edited by reddogblitz

So do we improve the offense or add more pieces to the defense to make this elite...like Khalil Mack with our 1st round pick?

Mack could improve our D bigtime, especially the run D(set the NCAA record for tackles for loss)...

I might lean towards taking someone like Mack in hoping we make the D elite, and fill in enough offense around it to put up 20-25 points per game...kinda like the Chiefs/Seahawks/49ers are built...

Then again, it could be our D would be much better if the offense wasn't constantly having issues moving the ball and giving the other team lots of possessions and great field position...

Improve the offense, one because it's horrible and two if we can get ahead teams will have to abandon the run and making our pass rush even better and minimizing our suspect run D.

OLB and G are our biggest needs. Also, how do you draft some luck?

Too late, the Colts already have him.

Great question. I would get playmakers regardless of position. That could mean more D with Mack/ Donald, or offense (Lee/OG). Personally I take Lee/Donald. Upgrade both pass offense and run D. Get a qb in fa as a backup or in case of ej failure.

I believe in BPA (Best Player Available).

With that said I say go O heavy. We need more guys that can actually catch the football for EJ and Thaddeus or whoever. Fast smurfs need not apply. I've got both feet firmly planted on the Austin Seferian Jenkins bandwagon.

I'd also like to see us pick up another RB in FA to add to Fred and CJ. The NO Saints 3 headed monster routine. And if Fred or CJ get hurt we still got 2 good options.

I think if we can keep Bryd and maybe upgrade a couple of guys our D will be good enough that with a little help from O we can make playoffs.

I like that plan. We do need another RB as insurance. Also, keeping Byrd enables us to draft more offense. No need to make a huge hole at safety.

Haha. All kidding aside, new england fumbled 3 times today and each time the ball bounced in their hand. Boy, ralph really mustve pissed someone off

At least 2 of those fumbles could have been recovered if our players were alert on the play and not just standing around.

They could easily fix both the offense and defense this off season.

OG, OT, TE, OLB, DT, WR

The Bills improved both the D line with Branch and pass rush with Hughes last off season. Plus, CB Nickell Roby, PK Dan Carpenter, back up QB Thad Lewis.

So Its not unreasonable to think that the Bills could also upgrade other positions in a similar fashion.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Unfortunately this is what the mass of over-information and over-opinion prior to a Draft results in...

OK (some) folks...We understand most Draft pundits did not believe Cordy Glenn was an NFL LT...But he has clearly proven those pundits incorrect with his actual play on the field, in the actual NFL...Stop reading his Draft reports and watch the freaking kid play...He's got 29 NFL starts as a LT...Put in a freaking tape and watch him... ;)

Just watch a game; there are never any issues with our LT. Scouting reports and pre-draft opinions don't mean squat now; you don't need to be Sheldon Cooper to figure that out...

I can at least find some common ground for a discussion in the "give EJ time/EJ sucks"; "fire Marrone", etc threads; but this is like debating the color of grass

Definitely lean towards improving the offense.

The defense probably just needs another year together to reach top 5 status. (Can we keep the players together, though? I haven't been following the contract situation.)

The offense, though, needs a lot of work. It's an offensive league and to have so little talent on offense, especially at QB, is a killer.

if the goal is to get more wins.......then the order of importance is:

#1- FRANCHISE QB (if we had a Top 10 QB we would have 5 more wins , EJ will never be a franchise QB)

#2- LG (upgrade the O-line, draft a LT and play him at RT, move pears to LG)

#3- DT ( NEED NOSE TACKLE TO STOP THE RUN !!!)

#4- TE (weakest position on team)

#5- MLB (need to stop the run, move kiko to OLB)