Improve the offense or make this an elite defense in draft?

Big Turk

So do we improve the offense or add more pieces to the defense to make this elite...like Khalil Mack with our 1st round pick?

Mack could improve our D bigtime, especially the run D(set the NCAA record for tackles for loss)...

I might lean towards taking someone like Mack in hoping we make the D elite, and fill in enough offense around it to put up 20-25 points per game...kinda like the Chiefs/Seahawks/49ers are built...

Then again, it could be our D would be much better if the offense wasn't constantly having issues moving the ball and giving the other team lots of possessions and great field position...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing, can go either way. But I suspect if we are going to stick with EJ then you have to surround him with more weapons. Im for drafting WR/TE in 1st and 2nd, a G in the 3rd or in free agency. Hairston will be back to bolster the tackle spot. I can see the Bills drafting 2 wrs. Hogan, Easley---meh. I dont think Stevie ever sees the end of his contract.

But then again, if you did go D this unit could get near Seattle level with 2-3 more additions and you dont lose Byrd.

If we can get a top notch OLB, we will be so stacked on D. Gilmore will hopefully get back on track next year and as long as we keep Byrd, there are no other holes and we have good depth.

But guard is the biggest hole. I think we can find a good one later than #9 though.

Edited by Big C

This is a league that's bent over backward to give offenses the upper hand to increase scoring.

Have to improve the O.

TE needs to be upgraded. Chandler UFA(?) may not be back.

I have a weird feeling that Stevie isn't going to be here next year. And if Graham is still here after this sorry-@$$ season....

Need to draft or develop another workhorse back to take over for FJ. (Don't get me wrong, FredEx is the man. But he's also going into year 8 at a position where the average career is ~ 1.75 seasons.)

Continue drafting WRs. Whoever spotted/sold the FO on Woods and Goodwin should be listened to again. But I wouldn't mind going bigger / bulkier tweener TEs ala the Pats* model.

Draft OL. Needs reinforcement. LG especially. RT and better depth secondarily.

This is a league that's bent over backward to give offenses the upper hand to increase scoring.

Have to improve the O.

TE needs to be upgraded. Chandler UFA(?) may not be back.

I have a weird feeling that Stevie isn't going to be here next year. And if Graham is still here after this sorry-@$$ season....

Need to draft or develop another workhorse back to take over for FJ. (Don't get me wrong, FredEx is the man. But he's also going into year 8 at a position where the average career is ~ 1.75 seasons.)

Continue drafting WRs. Whoever spotted/sold the FO on Woods and Goodwin should be listened to again. But I wouldn't mind going bigger / bulkier tweener TEs ala the Pats* model.

Draft OL. Needs reinforcement. LG especially. RT and better depth secondarily.

You pretty much nailed it.

I would however, be on the look out for a NT within the first couple rounds. KW is a year older and WTF is going on with Dareus? This position could cripple this team (yes we are crippled now, but it would be Wanny bad)

If we can get a quality LT, we can move Glenn inside to LG which is his natural position. That leaves us short a RT. OLB is huge this offseason as is ILB IMHO, but I'd rather see them address it in free agency. Draft for a great TE and a difference making WR. Cut Graham, he was useless this year.

If we can get a quality LT, we can move Glenn inside to LG which is his natural position. That leaves us short a RT. OLB is huge this offseason as is ILB IMHO, but I'd rather see them address it in free agency. Draft for a great TE and a difference making WR. Cut Graham, he was useless this year.

If they go OT in the first round, I think keep Glenn at LOT and put the rookie at ROT. Maybe flip sides down the road.

Regardless of who they take first, they should take the best available OG in round 2.

Cordy Glenn already is a quality LT...About a Month ago PFF had him the #3 ranked Pass Blocking OT in the entire league...

I really don't know where this idea that Glenn needs to be moved inside comes from...He's virtually a prototype LT physically...He's massive, strong as an ox, long arms...VERY fast for his size, and certainly athletic for a big man...He may not have the best feet, but his footwork is not bad either...Plus he stays healthy and continues to improve... B-)

Cordy Glenn already is a quality LT...About a Month ago PFF had him the #3 ranked Pass Blocking OT in the entire league...

I really don't know where this idea that Glenn needs to be moved inside comes from...He's virtually a prototype LT physically...He's massive, strong as an ox, long arms...VERY fast for his size, and certainly athletic for a big man...He may not have the best feet, but his footwork is not bad either...Plus he stays healthy and continues to improve... B-)

It is frustrating the read that we need move Glenn; he has been playing great all season and is one of the best in the league as you indicated above. I wish those posts/comments would stop....I have no idea where the evidence to say we need to move him comes from....