Bills get pick 9

IF the staff truly believes in EJ, pass on QB, get him a #1 WR.

You can't go around trusting the Bills staff. You need to believe that they are so incompetent that your own meager knowledge and skills dwarf theirs.......until we make the playoffs of course.......but only if they don't lose a playoff game.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an FSU fan, I would love to see them get Kelvin Benjamin in the later rounds, he is big, fast, and has good hands. He also has chemistry with EJ. He can be a hybrid TE/WR....a LB to play next to Kiko, a guard, and a right tackle. It's not even January yet! and we are already playing the draft game.....again.

Like Benjamin too but I think he's going to be a 2nd round selection pending the BCS title game and Draft Combine to give teams more info. Mack LB or Lewan OT in round one and Benjamin in the round two would fill 2 of 3 critical needs and the Bills have signifcant cap money to sign Byrd and pursue free agents..

I'm on board with another trade down!

Me too! If possible (need a partner to dance), slide down a bit and pick up an extra 3rd and grab Ebron (can't slide too far or he'll be gone--don't think you can get an extra 2 for a small drop down). Then grab an OLB in the 2nd and use your two 3rd round picks on a G and BPA (DB?). I also think we need to draft a RB at some point because FJ ain't getting any younger and I don't know how things will go with CJ when his deal ends (better to be prepared for the worst case scenario). After last year's draft, I have some (reserved) degree of confidence in the FO. Need to add a weapon or two and to tighten up the OL before you give up on EJ (I'm with those who think an offseason to refine his weakneses and some good health are needed before you can make an educated decision on whether or not he can be the guy). I'm excited about our future. Marrone and Pettine changed the culture of this team--that is something that can't be forgotten. We're on our way up!

You can't go around trusting the Bills staff. You need to believe that they are so incompetent that your own meager knowledge and skills dwarf theirs.......until we make the playoffs of course.......but only if they don't lose a playoff game.

Now there you go talking all logical and such. Don't you know that all rookies are already as good as they will ever be? Especially dem dere QBs who play that simple position!

San Diego game planned their offense around moving away from Mack...and modified their schemes to double him always. It was to be expected that his impact was limited. (same reason that teams in the NFL don't throw at Revis)

Thank you. Mack doesn't end up in the top 10 on Kiper's board simply by accident or laziness. He is very disruptive in the run game, and rushes the passer well. Ohio State wasn't too concerned about him, and he nearly took over that game.

And Anthony Becht, who made a living trying to block guys like Mack, was effusive in his praise for #46 when Becht did color for the Bowling Green game at the Ralph. Mack has the most forced fumbles (and is tied for the most tackles for loss) by anyone who has ever played college football. EVER.

People like Jerry Sullivan, who always need to use statistics to be convinced of a player's worth, often miss or don't understand the real game, man-on-man, that is being played during each snap on the field. Man-on-man, Mack was clearly dominant and nearly unblockable.

Not saying he has to be our guy at #9; just saying we could do far worse than him ... an Aaron Maybin he is not.

Thank you. Mack doesn't end up in the top 10 on Kiper's board simply by accident or laziness. He is very disruptive in the run game, and rushes the passer well. Ohio State wasn't too concerned about him, and he nearly took over that game.

And Anthony Becht, who made a living trying to block guys like Mack, was effusive in his praise for #46 when Becht did color for the Bowling Green game at the Ralph. Mack has the most forced fumbles (and is tied for the most tackles for loss) by anyone who has ever played college football. EVER.

People like Jerry Sullivan, who always need to use statistics to be convinced of a player's worth, often miss or don't understand the real game, man-on-man, that is being played during each snap on the field. Man-on-man, Mack was clearly dominant and nearly unblockable.

Not saying he has to be our guy at #9; just saying we could do far worse than him ... an Aaron Maybin he is not.

I would be happy with Mack or Mosley and think one of the two of them should obviously be the pick. We will hear a lot of talk about trading up or down or drafting Hardly 2.0 but I think by the time we are on the clock it will be one of these two.

This draft is actually going to line up perfect for the Bills needs. There's top QB, WR, OL and OLBs that should be sitting there.

Possibly available at 9:

QB - Carr, Bortles

WR - Watkins

OLB - Mack, possibly Carr

OT - Lewan

Agree on Benjamin - that kid from FSU is a stud. I think he goes 1st round.

OK so mack in the first I'd be fine with and Benjamin in the third of there? Would we trade up in to the 2nd to get him?

Given the way the Auburn's defense played against Missouri. It is very likely Benji is going to have a big National Championship game. That is likely going to propel him to the 1st round. The Ravens sitting at #20 is where'd I expect who ever is left out between Evans and Benji to go. Next the 9ers will grab either one. I can't see Benji making it to the 2nd.

@buffalobills

EJ Manuel: Has been told by Doug Marrone that he will start for 2014 #Bills.

This makes no sense to me at all. So Marrone is saying that if by some miracle Johnny Football falls to the Bills, they will either not take him and take him with "110% certainty" that Manuel will start over him? After this season Marrone shouldn't be 110% sure that HE will be picking the Bills QB next season. What is the point in telling Manuel this?

This makes no sense to me at all. So Marrone is saying that if by some miracle Johnny Football falls to the Bills, they will either not take him and take him with "110% certainty" that Manuel will start over him? After this season Marrone shouldn't be 110% sure that HE will be picking the Bills QB next season. What is the point in telling Manuel this?

Johhny Flameout...... :lol:

Because it's true?

Because Marrone drafted Manuel and believes in the kid. You don't get to be a NFL coach by acting like a 13 year old girl like some fans are.

EJ has ups and downs like all rookies have. Some people simply are completely irrational. But Marrone believes that EJ can be the type of guy that can beat one of the best teams in Carolina. Time (and his job) will tell us if he's right.

Now surround him with weapons.

Because Marrone drafted Manuel and believes in the kid. You don't get to be a NFL coach by acting like a 13 year old girl like some fans are.

EJ has ups and downs like all rookies have. Some people simply are completely irrational. But Marrone believes that EJ can be the type of guy that can beat one of the best teams in Carolina. Time (and his job) will tell us if he's right.

Now surround him with weapons.

I have no doubt that Manuel is the odds on favorite to be the Bills starter next season. I'm not arguing that. But why tell him he already is when Marrone himself can't possibly be 110% sure?

Marrone just seems to shoot his mouth off sometimes. Granted that comment may not have been meant for the general public, but still, why? Learn from your mistakes Doug.

I have no doubt that Manuel is the odds on favorite to be the Bills starter next season. I'm not arguing that. But why tell him he already is when Marrone himself can't possibly be 110% sure?

Marrone just seems to shoot his mouth off sometimes. Granted that comment may not have been meant for the general public, but still, why? Learn from your mistakes Doug.

Ok, got you. Honestly, Marrone should just go with the Belichick philosophy of saying as little as possible to the media.

But I really do believe Marrone believes in EJ. Who knows what EJ's ceiling? At worst, I can see him being Alex Smith. Smith threw 1 td & 11 ints his rookie year. Let's just hope he heals up this offseason.