• Mike Tomlin- Pittsburgh
    • Tom Coughlin- NYGiants
    • Jason Garrett-Dallas
    • Joe Philbin-Miami
    • Wade Phillips Interim HC-Houston
    • Greg Schiano-Tampa Bay
    • other
    • Rob Chudzinski- Cleveland

So, what coaches besides Gary Kubiak of Houston (who was already fired after week 14 with a 2-11 record) will get fired either this Monday, known as Black Monday.

Last season saw 8 new NFL head coaches

Arizona Cardinals- Bruce Arians- just missed playoffs

2012 record 5-11, 2013 record 10- 6 3rd place in toughest div in NFL

Chicago Bears-Marc Trestman

2012 record 10-6, 2013 8- 8 leading NFC North

Philadelphia Eagles- Chip Kelly - playoffs

2012 record 4-12, 2013 10- 6 leading NFC East

Buffalo Bills-Doug Marrone

2012 record 6-10. 2013 6- 10 last in AFC East

Cleveland Browns- Rob Chudzinski -FIRED! one and done

2012 record 5-11. 2013 record 4-12 last in AFC North

Jacksonville Jaguars- Gus Bradley

2012 record 2-14. 2013 4-12 3rd place AFC South

Kansas City- Andy Reid- playoffs

2012 2-14. 2013 record 11- 5 2nd place AFC West

San Diego- Mike McCoy- playoffs

2012 7-9. 2013 9 -7 3rd place AFC West

Now, the Browns and Jags may fire their first year HC along with Raiders HC Dennis Allen. Although, you would think they would get more then one year though.

If its other, then let us know as to who and why.

EDIT: updated win- loss records 2013

Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed my votes, but you may want to add a category for coaches who fall on the sword. I see Coughlin, perhaps Frazier in this category. Not 'fair' to have Wade on the list since he's interim, but since he is I voted him out.

OMG I agreed with Beerboy. This is really going downhill.

I marked Coughlin as out but my guess is he does it himself and is a "consultant".

Why is Tomlin even on this list?

Or Joe Philbin. If Miami wins this week and makes the playoffs he could be a coach of the year candidate IMO.

What? They spent a ton of money on high priced free agents. The expectation was a superbowl run...Tannehill took a step back. Their O line was a disaster. Their Defense underperformed.

I'm not sure how a coach underperforms and is a coach of the year candidate. There are few who have them on the list of contenders.

What? They spent a ton of money on high priced free agents. The expectation was a superbowl run...Tannehill took a step back. Their O line was a disaster. Their Defense underperformed.

I'm not sure how a coach underperforms and is a coach of the year candidate. There are few who have them on the list of contenders.

hey, maybe he didn't watch the last Bills home game :lol:

Seriously tho, Is it his fault his O line imploded with a OT feeling butt hurt because he was bullied & teased by the OG, and the team benched them both.

Then if the Dolphins had any kind of a decent run game, Miller 3 attempts for 8 yards & Thomas 9 attempts for 6 yards against Buffalo. I suppose that is what you get with the 26th ranked rushing offense.

Who knows with their GM Jeff Ireland is thinking. The guy who let RB Reggie Bush & LT Jake long leave last off season. How is that #1 pick Dion Jordan or the first 4 picks in the last draft working out for them?

The only definites on that list are Schwartz and Wade Philips.

Likely: Rex and Garrett.

Who knows with Shanny.

And how about Arians for Coach of the year?

Frazier is def. out in MIN.

I also believe Schiano may get the axe in TB.

Whose "expectation was a Super Bowl run"? That is ridiculous. Miami hasn't even made the playoffs in 5 seasons and has a second year QB. After a strong start, the expectation was that they would completely tank after the bullying scandal which, besides the locker room turmoil, cost them the left side of their offensive line. Instead Philbin stabilized things and has them one game away from making the playoffs. I think he's done much better than most coaches would've in that situation.

hey, maybe he didn't watch the last Bills home game :lol:

Seriously tho, Is it his fault his O line imploded with a OT feeling butt hurt because he was bullied & teased by the OG, and the team benched them both.

Then if the Dolphins had any kind of a decent run game, Miller 3 attempts for 8 yards & Thomas 9 attempts for 6 yards against Buffalo. I suppose that is what you get with the 26th ranked rushing offense.

Who knows with their GM Jeff Ireland is thinking. The guy who let RB Reggie Bush & LT Jake long leave last off season. How is that #1 pick Dion Jordan or the first 4 picks in the last draft working out for them?

And yet, for all that they are one game away from making the playoffs while the Bills with their season sweep and thumping they gave them last week and great draft are on their way to the golf course again.

I don't think Coughlin will be fired. He is on the record as saying he wants to coach next season, and will not step down. I think the Mara's will give him another season to turn it back around...honestly, two Super Bowls in 7 years gives him a little more leash than another coach coming off a nightmare season like the Giants had this year.

Hopefully Pettine doesn't leave Buffalo for one of these jobs.

Edited by Buftex

Jeery Jones has already spoken on garrett no playoffs no more coach.

Shanahan should be gone because he wants it ?

Jets are in need of change about now. and schiano rightly should, but not sure

i read a blurb about Allen of the raiders.

S does seem like the trend is for quick results. Players too.

You're fired: NFL 2013 Black Monday predictions - who is in and who is out

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/narcotics-leatherheads-nfl-and-other-sports-storie/2013/dec/26/merry-christmas-youre-fired-nfl-2013-black-monday-/

Not going anywhere: Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, Tom Coughlin

Deserve to stay and probably will: Jason Garrett, Joe Philbin

Deserve to be fired but will stay: Dennis Allen

Very close call, could go either way: Mike Munchack, Mike Shanahan

Deserve to stay but will be fired: Jim Schwatrz, Rex Ryan

Deserve to be fired, and will be fired: Lesie Frazier, Greg Schiano, Wade Phillips

Teams are going to look at KC, Arizona, Philly, and think why not us!