Which team do you want to win the Super Bowl, now that our bills are o

major

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, ny33 ill try tho.

of all the bickering and insanity on this board, this comment by far, is the most heartbreaking and morale killing post i have ever read. to know there is a bills fan out there somewhere who actually pulls for the pats to win in january.. i just.. idk man. this actually exists? is this real life?

nothing against you martifal, you're allowed to root for a division nemesis in the postseason (i guess), but this is just mind blowing. you're not even indifferent? you actually pull for them? i dont think ill be able to go to sleep tonight

Hey dont lose any sleep over it, my point was when we were going to Super Bowls New England fans were driving from Boston during the regular season to support a division nemisis that was superior to them. At the same time I met a lot of A-hole NY Jets Fans and lets face it the Miami fans didn't have the nerve to come into Rich stadium and show their distaste for the Bills, I just thought the Pats fans were an example of classy football fans at the time.

I will only pull for teams that have already won it in recent years. Call it my Buffalo jealousy. I don't want some new city living it up with a SB championship before we get our first. Therefore I want teams like Cinci, Seattle and Carolina to lose early. If a New England wins again who cares. The damage is already done since they've won several Lombardi's.

Anyone but New England.

+1

I can care less but as long as it's anyone but the Pats. I'd rather the Broncos not win either. They were so smug after getting Peyton, I'd rather they go 1 and out every year in the playoffs and then we can look back some day and see their last playoff win was with Tebow!

Before moving away from the Buffalo area I was a season ticket holder during the Kelly years, for some reason some of the seats close to mine were often filled with people coming from out of town. I couldn't begin to count how many times those seats were filled by Patriots fans that drove up from Boston to see and route for the Bills, while their own team was struggling. They were good sports fans that came to the Ralph to see an exciting team play and be a part of the Bills home game experience which is second to none when they are winning, so as long as we are losing and the Patriots are winning I'll pull for the Patriots in January.

Blasphemy! Instant ban ;)

I just thought the Pats fans were an example of classy football fans at the time.

I'm guessing you don't know any of these idiots now.

I can't believe most of you are just listing one or a few teams. Don't you know there is an established science to this?

It goes something like this, from strongest opposition to weakest opposition.

1. Division rivals are the worst. New England, Miami, and the NJ Jets are absolutely, positively NOT allowed to win.

2. Next comes teams that close friends, family, or coworkers are fans of. Why? Because I'm a miserable son of a B word, that's why. So for me, that means Chicago, Green Bay, and Miami (again) are ruled out.

3. Next comes teams that have beaten the Bills in the SB, so that rules out Dallas, Washington, and the NJ Giants. However, this is fading a bit with time. I still hate Dallas with a passion, but the Giants get a pass because of the fact that they bitchslapped New England twice.

4. And finally, the teams that have not yet won a SB because, as someone else pointed out, I don't want to see the Bills be the last team to have never won a SB. So that removes a whole slew of others. It includes Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Arizona. However, as mentioned, this is the group I oppose the least, and it wouldn't be that terrible if one of them won it. Of course, if the Bills ever do win a SB, this group is immediately absolved, and my life can return to normal.

So who does that leave, really?

Basically, it's any team that has already won a Super Bowl who isn't one of those teams mentioned above, which means: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa, San Francisco, or St. Louis. Not a big list, but again, I'm not categorically opposed to any of the teams in #4 above.

So...yeah. There you go. This is the mental illness I deal with on an annual basis.

This is exactly how I feel. Well done.

He's been playing pretty bad lately. If they win it will be in spite of him like when the Bucs won with Trent Dilfer

How dare you blaspheme Russell Wilson on this board? He is the "god" that EJ should be trying to live up to or be like already. :lol:

Hey dont lose any sleep over it, my point was when we were going to Super Bowls New England fans were driving from Boston during the regular season to support a division nemisis that was superior to them. At the same time I met a lot of A-hole NY Jets Fans and lets face it the Miami fans didn't have the nerve to come into Rich stadium and show their distaste for the Bills, I just thought the Pats fans were an example of classy football fans at the time.

Yeah I guess its different for me now as I have never met a non A-hole pats fan haha. I suppose winning your division for like 10 straight years turns you cocky and arrogant. I'm not sayin there are no sensible pats fans, just that I've never met one

Edited by CJallDAY

This is exactly how I feel. Well done.

Thanks, man. I've been perfecting that science for years.

Note that it also means that I will root for any team from a lower opposition group when they are playing a team from a higher opposition group in the Super Bowl. Interestingly, the teams from #2 and #3 are basically all NFC teams, and the teams from #1 are all AFC East teams, so that means anytime those teams face each other in the SB, I'd always root for the NFC team. So for instance, even though I hate the Cowboys with a passion, if they were playing against New England* in the SB, I'd root like hell for the Cowboys, and I wouldn't be shy about it either.

This illness runs deep.