Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

EJ hasnt earned a bowl of cereal in this league. He has done nothing. If thad beats the Pats, that would be the biggest accomplishment for this franchise in over a decade. At a minimum Thad has performed just about the same as EJ in his starts.

EJ needs to earn his way to starting QB on this team. Thad has 4 starts this season and 2 wins and one of his losses was an OT loss to the bengals.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God the fans on this board.......I really want to like Thad and I think he IS the backup QB for this team......but their always has to be a contiversy......

EJ Manuel is the stater and the future..........he has shown enough this to earn the chance to prove that even though he has been inconsistant

I really want to like EJ but he really hasnt shown much at all.

He needs competition and not a gift-wrapped starting QB role.

Even if EJ is not the guy, and i'm not says he isn't, whats the big deal. At the end of the second round you end up with Kiko, and woods. That is two solid picks, you really can't expect more from any front office. The team doesn't have a ton of holes to fill. I would like to see byrd back. I think most position can be upgraded thru free agency if needed, but I don't feel good QB ever hit the market. I have no problem drafting another QB if a good one is there in the first. I think that is the most important position on the field, and we continue continue to draft until we find our guy.

EJ hasnt earned a bowl of cereal in this league. He has done nothing. If thad beats the Pats, that would be the biggest accomplishment for this franchise in over a decade. At a minimum Thad has performed just about the same as EJ in his starts.

EJ needs to earn his way to starting QB on this team. Thad has 4 starts this season and 2 wins and one of his losses was an OT loss to the bengals.

He just hasn't. Thad is much more prone to turnovers (both interceptions and fumbles) and takes many more sacks.

God the fans on this board.......I really want to like Thad and I think he IS the backup QB for this team......but their always has to be a contiversy......

EJ Manuel is the stater and the future..........he has shown enough this to earn the chance to prove that even though he has been inconsistant

Thanks John... this crap started in the shout box yesterday. Enough already, and I'll be shocked if they go QB in the 1st round. Edited by Mike in Horseheads

Marrone has said the same thing, about over a dozen players, over a dozen times this season. He wants to see the player practice on Wednesdays, and speak to the doctors and trainers. If the player, Manual or anyone else, seems to be close to 100% he plays. If he is not, they wait until Friday. It means zero.

Marrone has said the same thing, about over a dozen players, over a dozen times this season. He wants to see the player practice on Wednesdays, and speak to the doctors and trainers. If the player, Manual or anyone else, seems to be close to 100% he plays. If he is not, they wait until Friday. It means zero.

Matters not if its Automatic or Manual . :lol:

He just hasn't. Thad is much more prone to turnovers (both interceptions and fumbles) and takes many more sacks.

Much more?

Thad has been sacked 14 times in 5 games. Ej, 28 in 10.

Ej has 11 td/9 int. Thad has 3/3.

Thad averages more per attempt and the same per completion.

Thad has a higher completion %

They have the same QB rating 77.8 for that. 77.7 for Ej.

Thad's big issue has been fumbling. 6 for him, 6 for Ej in 1/2 the games Ej has played.

Thad is 2-2. Ej is 4-6.

Thad's 2 losses are to Cinci in OT and New Orleans, in New Orleans. Thad was destroyed in NO. Partly because he can't read the D. Partly because he couldn't get rid of the ball. Partly because Rob Ryan's scheme owned our scheme and OL. Ej had a similar game vs TB.

Ej has 3 sprained knees in less than a season.

Ej hasn't been much better than Thad this year. I don't hate EJ. I actually like him a lot. I see what I see. At this point, I think they are about even. I understand EJs a rookie and needs to play and learn. I'm just not not sold on him. Can he be a very good QB? Sure he can, but just because he's our #1 pick doesn't mean we have to guarantee him the starting job and not look at other options. We NEED a good QB. At this point, Ej is not good. He doesn't suck. We don't need a QB that doesn't suck. Until we have a QB that is good, I say the search continues. Whether or not the FO agrees is moot. That's my opinion. All I know is, if he isn't good next year and we haven't added another QB, we better in 2015. Waiting 3-4 years for Ej to develop into a good QB isn't an option IMO. The fact that he has 3 sprained knees this season isn't a good thing either.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you think Ej is the man and should be given 2-4 years to develop and hand him the starting job, that's your prerogative. But if you've seen enough out of Ej to convince you he's our guy going forward for the next 5 years, lay off the booze. He has not. You're wearing rose colored glasses.

It also easily could mean Marrone simply toying with the Patriots about who is starting. There is not much difference in how they would be played, but Thad does a few things different than EJ does, and any advantage in any game is worth trying, especially when it is as simple as saying we don't know who is going to start.

I hate to agree with Schopp, but if Lewis plays and somehow wins after this. Oh, boy.

Schoop is a tool. He has to create controversy as no one will call otherwise. Regarding the game, sure if TL somehow goes into Foxborough and shreds the Pats en route to victory, it would create a firestorm. If he hands off all day, completes 10 passes like Flacco did in that playoff game several years back, then no. Of course, the odds of the former happening I would have to say are probably close to nil. The Bills have never won at Gillette, and last won @ NE in the 2000 season. An eternity for being in the same division. If Lewis does that, I'd be calling for him to be the starter going into 2014. But to say "well, if this most unlikely of scenarios was to play out, then it's REALLY on like a mofo" is just radio show hype/ drivel.

Even if EJ is not the guy, and i'm not says he isn't, whats the big deal. At the end of the second round you end up with Kiko, and woods. That is two solid picks, you really can't expect more from any front office. The team doesn't have a ton of holes to fill. I would like to see byrd back. I think most position can be upgraded thru free agency if needed, but I don't feel good QB ever hit the market. I have no problem drafting another QB if a good one is there in the first. I think that is the most important position on the field, and we continue continue to draft until we find our guy.

The issue is that most NFL teams (including the Bills) clearly have problems with doing this. So,they likely will not. This team has plenty of holes, as the 6-9 record would indicate. One of those holes is likely to be filled with their 1st round pick. It won't be a QB, nor should it as Andrew Luck was in the 2012 draft.

Schoop is a tool. He has to create controversy as no one will call otherwise. Regarding the game, sure if TL somehow goes into Foxborough and shreds the Pats en route to victory, it would create a firestorm. If he hands off all day, completes 10 passes like Flacco did in that playoff game several years back, then no. Of course, the odds of the former happening I would have to say are probably close to nil. The Bills have never won at Gillette, and last won @ NE in the 2000 season. An eternity for being in the same division. If Lewis does that, I'd be calling for him to be the starter going into 2014. But to say "well, if this most unlikely of scenarios was to play out, then it's REALLY on like a mofo" is just radio show hype/ drivel.

That would be an overreaction. The NFL is rich in history of backups having great games and it later being seen as just their "lucky" day. The Bills are riding with Manuel in 2014 no matter what the uproar would be from those fans wanting to see the backup Lewis become the starter.

+1

But,but,but that doesn't fit the "Bills suck on purpose so that they can pull money out of their fans" theory....

If Thad starts AND gets a win @ NE that is something other than an epic display of defense ( Brady has under 200 yards passing) or we get,say 3 KO returns for touchdowns, by all means he will have earned the starting job. I also think this is incredibly unlikely to happen. But if you want to qualify TL's wins and losses, you'd have to do the same for EJM. (the fumbled passes vs ATL, got injured @ CLE and the Offense was inefective without him, etc. TL had the ball in overtime vs CIN and lost. So you can always spin it. All things being equal, EJM will be the starter due to his draft status and upside. That's how it works in the NFL. It doesn't mean EJM will ultimately succeed, just that the investment means he will get every chance to prove he cannot do the job before the Bills would move on. An UDFA or middle round pick would have to be obviously superior ( like a Wilson or Brady) to win the job. That's just how it works. Draft status is just like a prestigious degree in the business world. You're going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Much more?

Thad has been sacked 14 times in 5 games. Ej, 28 in 10.

Ej has 11 td/9 int. Thad has 3/3.

Thad averages more per attempt and the same per completion.

Thad has a higher completion %

They have the same QB rating 77.8 for that. 77.7 for Ej.

Thad's big issue has been fumbling. 6 for him, 6 for Ej in 1/2 the games Ej has played.

Thad is 2-2. Ej is 4-6.

Thad's 2 losses are to Cinci in OT and New Orleans, in New Orleans. Thad was destroyed in NO. Partly because he can't read the D. Partly because he couldn't get rid of the ball. Partly because Rob Ryan's scheme owned our scheme and OL. Ej had a similar game vs TB.

Ej has 3 sprained knees in less than a season.

Ej hasn't been much better than Thad this year. I don't hate EJ. I actually like him a lot. I see what I see. At this point, I think they are about even. I understand EJs a rookie and needs to play and learn. I'm just not not sold on him. Can he be a very good QB? Sure he can, but just because he's our #1 pick doesn't mean we have to guarantee him the starting job and not look at other options. We NEED a good QB. At this point, Ej is not good. He doesn't suck. We don't need a QB that doesn't suck. Until we have a QB that is good, I say the search continues. Whether or not the FO agrees is moot. That's my opinion. All I know is, if he isn't good next year and we haven't added another QB, we better in 2015. Waiting 3-4 years for Ej to develop into a good QB isn't an option IMO. The fact that he has 3 sprained knees this season isn't a good thing either.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you think Ej is the man and should be given 2-4 years to develop and hand him the starting job, that's your prerogative. But if you've seen enough out of Ej to convince you he's our guy going forward for the next 5 years, lay off the booze. He has not. You're wearing rose colored glasses.

Where did I say EJ has proven anything? But I know what Thad is for sure...A decent backup QB at best. While EJ has quite a bit to prove, he certainly has the necessary mental and physical makeup to be a top flight QB. Will he develop into one? Nobody knows at this juncture.

FYI, you don't calculate being more prone to sacks by the game...It's per drop back....Thad is more sack and turnover prone as I stated before. His ball security is atrocious. In both of "Thad's" wins vs the Dolphins, he was less than stellar to be kind.

That would be an overreaction. The NFL is rich in history of backups having great games and it later being seen as just their "lucky" day. The Bills are riding with Manuel in 2014 no matter what the uproar would be from those fans wanting to see the backup Lewis become the starter.

Look, I completely am for EJM to be the starter in 2014. The only thing to change this would be A) he is flat out horrible (he hasn't been) or B) Thad Lewis goes into Foxborough and tears it up en route to a Bills win. That is so unlikely to happen based on past history and the NE Coach /QB combination, that I don't believe it would be an overreaction.