Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

Aaron Murray in the 2nd or 3rd perhaps?

I haven't looked too much at the depth of the upcoming QB class, but considering how many apparent hits were found in the 3rd round of 2012: Foles, Cousins, Wilson, it'd be nice if we found that kind of prospect.

Im good with Murray or Mettenburger in the 3rd if available.

That way they can rehab, sit there, learn the NFL, EJ can play and see if he can blossom. If he doesnt, we have a prospect ready to go that isnt a complete newborn

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal. Probably tweaked the knee from the previous injury. Sprains can nag all year, as they are rarely given enough time to actually heal. There aren't enough weeks in the season. Just enough to dull the pain and get back out there. Not a major thing IMO.

I heard it was the other knee this time

At the same time I'm trying to think of when a knee injury ever derailed a QB's career before. WRs, RBs, CBs, yeah. But a QB? I'm not too worried about it other than him not getting the playing time he needs. But if it continues into next year then there may be a problem.

I'm certainly not saying this is going to derail EJ's career...Just saying the Bills better start working on Plan B just in case... B-)

Thad already beat Miami in their own house.. It's basically a meaningless game for the Bills. Why risk further injuring EJ for no reason. Sit him and get him ready for NE.

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

That way they can rehab, sit there, learn the NFL, EJ can play and see if he can blossom. If he doesnt, we have a prospect ready to go that isnt a complete newborn

I like Mettenburger more than Murray...But I would prefer a QB not coming off a knee tear... B-)

I thought EJ was this flame-throwing, extremely mobile QB coming out of FSU. In Buffalo he runs like a 40 yr old, looks awkward in the pocket and throws lazy wrist passes. Great guy, hard worker...but the jury is very much out on him.

I'm not a big Murray fan...He's on the short side, coming off an ACL that requires surgery, and does not have the escape skills of guys like Vick, Brees, Wilson, or Manziel... B-)

Yeah, I'm thinking more along the lines of a value pick.

OK.....my stance now changes a little bit

EJ is still the guy going into next season.....but draft a QB no later then the 3rd round for backup

Exactly John...I told myself a while back that if he got hurt again...Especially if it was the knee...I would change my mind about Drafting a QB in 2014...My mind has officially changed... B-)

Yep. Murray in the second if he's there.

Cheer up, it won't be that cold, only like 35...BUT RAINING AND WINDY!! HOORAH!

They suckered me into renewing next year so at least ill be in the club seats. I really don't know anyone to tailgate with (my wife and I usually just setup an drink in one of the lots ourselves), and the bars don't open until noon, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do before the game? Does the stadium serve before noon?

This guy has worse knees than Joe Namath. Three injuries in less than one season. QB remains the Bills #1 need as Manuel cannot be relied upon even assuming he can develop into a decent QB which nobody knows at this point.

Yeah, I'm thinking more along the lines of a value pick.

Murray's a great College QB...I enjoyed watching him at Georgia...But I don't like him projecting to the NFL...I never really have, and I've seen a ton of his games over the years...He's a shorter pocket passer and he does not have an elite arm...I just don't see a place for guys like him as starters in the NFL...But we'll see...I think the knee injury is really going to hurt his stock...He may be available late... B-)

Murray is a guy who I would draft in the 3rd if he was there. I think Mettenburger is whatever.

Still don't think we should draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. But it definitely is worrisome. At the same time, it's his first year and he isn't missing a playoff game. But I have zero problem with them drafting a QB in the 3rd this year and one in the first the following year if EJ is still struggling staying healthy & progressing slowly.