Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thad!? Put in Tuel at least we look like a pro offense when he is in there.

As much as i hated Tuel after that Cleveland game, he actually had some nice passes vs. KC and some chemistry with the WR's. If it weren't for that game killing INT on the goaline. ugh! If given several starts i wonder if he could clean that up?

For the people that suggest EJ should be shut down for the rest of the season to get healthy, that's absurd. He needs every live snap and defensive look he can digest. If he was close to playing vs. Miami, he should absolutely play at NE if he's ready to go. Do you think Peyton Manning's knees and ankles feel great right now?!?

Marrone: EJ is not injury prone

ej-to-miss-cp.jpg

Bills head coach Doug Marrone understands why reporters and fans might be eager to give EJ Manuel the label of ‘injury prone’ now that he’s had three different knee injuries in this his first NFL season, the latest of which will force him to miss his fifth start of the season. Marrone believes that labeling is misguided.

“In my opinion, people are going to think that and write that,” said Marrone of the injury prone label. “I totally understand that. My personal opinion is this, he’s not injury prone. His history has shown that he has never been hurt. He’s gotten hurt here, yes. He re-injured that left knee that he hurt in training camp. When he has been injured, he has done everything he could to come back faster than what was expected, faster than what was possible.

“I think in this league what is difficult for any player is to be able to keep coming back, keep coming back, keep coming back and never really fully recover. Especially the younger you are. I think it’s very difficult for the younger players when you think about what they go through from a process of after they’re done playing their college season they start getting ready for the Combine. They train much differently than you’re going to train going in to the following season. Now, those are my personal things. I think you can get people that obviously think differently than that. I don’t really feel that way about him.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

As much as i hated Tuel after that Cleveland game, he actually had some nice passes vs. KC and some chemistry with the WR's. If it weren't for that game killing INT on the goaline. ugh! If given several starts i wonder if he could clean that up?

Nothing against Tuel, he was not that bad in the KC game. Just think Thad is the safer bet here.

3 knee injuries has hampered his progress. I feel for the kid. No rookie QB will satisfy some on TBD. Rookies make mistakes and go through growing pains. He has to learn to protect himself, heal up and attack the off season with a vengeance.

lol

So you would rather EJ tear his ACL and rehab than tweak his knee and be fine? If the Bills were still in the playoff race he would be playing with the sprain.

I am saying if we can draft a good QB at a bargain spot because of the injury, by next season he will be ready to play and the injury likely won't affect his performance.

just wondering how he goes from being fine, no issues, will definitely play sunday....to OUT in one day.

was the injury worse than thought? or he aggravated it during practice?

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 36m

He tried to go, didn't have mobility, was going to miss more practice, decision made to shut him down this week.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 1h

EJ Manuel: "I've been playing this game for 20 years and I've never had recurring injuries"

EJ was also banged up a lot in college the guy is just a very injury prone player. He is not likely to ever make it though a full 16 game NFL schedule without missing at least a little time here and there.

No, he was not.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 36m

He tried to go, didn't have mobility, was going to miss more practice, decision made to shut him down this week.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 1h

EJ Manuel: "I've been playing this game for 20 years and I've never had recurring injuries"

Might as well shut him down the rest of the year and let Lewis play.

“I think in this league what is difficult for any player is to be able to keep coming back, keep coming back, keep coming back and never really fully recover. Especially the younger you are. I think it’s very difficult for the younger players when you think about what they go through from a process of after they’re done playing their college season they start getting ready for the Combine. They train much differently than you’re going to train going in to the following season. Now, those are my personal things. I think you can get people that obviously think differently than that. I don’t really feel that way about him.”

Um, what?

To me three is a trend. I think its safe to say we go after another QB. Constant knee issues is very concerning. Im not knacking on EJ, but you gota stay healthy or find another line of work. Or play thru injury like the elite do.

Edited by billsfan_34