Interesting comments from Chris Brown

Rubes

From Fan Friday...

In response to this question...

...came this answer:

Now, I know we don't put a whole lot of stock into what CB has to say, but these are some fairly strong words coming from him. It really sounds like we'll be seeing some folks get cut this offseason we might not expect. Stevie certainly comes to mind, but it does make me wonder who else.

Oh, and also this point:

Kind of interesting given all the goings-on in the Rogers thread.

Good time to cut dead weight, Marrone will get the guys he wants just hope he hasn't put all his eggs in ej's basket.

I've listened to more than enough Marrone pressers and interviews to know he never says anything different. Never anything insightful about strategy or what he expects from opponents. Nothing but cliched NFL buzzwords and authoritarian smothering about everyone working as hard as him.

If he's the same way with the players, and I suspect he is listening to some of them lately, they have to be tuning Marrone out by now.

guess those guys wont be around to drag the team down.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know what I get from this? The HC making excuses as to why his team is 4-9, and throwing some unnamed players under the bus.

Good coaches mold the team around its best players and don't force players into specific roles where they don't excel. What I also get from this is that instead of making the proper coaching changes at OC & ST in the off season he is going to get rid of some players.

I should have known by some of the moronic decisions made by this coaching staff early in the season that this is another staff of losers. I really wanted them to be winners, I really did.

Sooo, Marrone then bench the players you think are hurting the team and see if that wins some games for you. I highly doubt it will because among others the OC & ST coaches really stink.

I don't think so. Everything I heard about Mario is his strong work ethic and he hasn't done anything to cost us games. Stevie Johnson alone as costs us 2 games this year. He catches that ball week 1 against NE, we get the first down run out the clock and win and we all remember against ATL. Those were the two biggest games of the season as far as momentum goes and he comes up short when we needed our star to come through. I personally love SJ13, he's fun to watch and has amazing abilities but he doesn't come through when he needs to. I hope he gets traded to a contender and gets to play in the playoffs, but he will never lead Buffalo there.

There was 8:54 left in the game when Stevie dropped that pass against New England, who had all their time outs left. Further, the defense then held the Patriots after that series forcing them to punt from their 43 resulting in a touchback so that the offense got the ball back on the 20 with 5:54 left and another chance to run out the clock. They dove into the line for no gain, then Manuel overthrew Johnson at the 35 and threw underneath (hopelessly short of the first down) to Chandler on 3rd down.

How on earth do you conclude that we would have run out the clock and won that game but for that drop? The Bills started that drive with 10:48 left on the clock, just how many drives have you seen the Bills have this year that lasted nearly 11 minutes against a team with all of its time outs left? Why do you find it a done deal that the same team that couldn't run 5:54 off the clock would have run 8:54 off the clock but for one dropped pass?

Wonder if super M fits in that category....?

Mario Williams is having an outstanding season and I have never seen him look like he wasn't trying.

I know he is paid a lot of $, but everyone knew that the Bills would need to overpay to get a big name free agent. He is playing very well, from what I can see.

I've listened to more than enough Marrone pressers and interviews to know he never says anything different. Never anything insightful about strategy or what he expects from opponents. Nothing but cliched NFL buzzwords and authoritarian smothering about everyone working as hard as him.

If he's the same way with the players, and I suspect he is listening to some of them lately, they have to be tuning Marrone out by now.

Oh is discussing strategy and in depth analysis on opponents a trait of a good coach? I wasn't aware. Are the belichicks and harbaughs known for this?

Some of you are happy about this?

This organization is a dumpster fire.

It was a dumpster fire 10 years ago.

It is just a joke now.

Reading through the threads are comedy.

"I'm so upset with so And so . . ."

Don't you all know this team is Washington Generals of the NFL. What are you getting so worked up about? They will try real hard and slip and fall on a Matt and the other team. That's how it works for the last 15 years. Why would you expect something different?

Even Bill Belichick is known to take a few risks now and again on players with character issues. Winning coaches know how to coach talent, not get rid of anyone who immediately does not display a high work ethic.

Just to set the record straight; Bill Belichick brought in Chad Johnson, gave him a 5 Mil siging bonus, and cut him the next year. He brought in Corey Dillion in a trade with Cinci. Gave Cinci a 2nd rd. pick. Dillion, rumored to be a problem in Cinci, gained 1600 yards running in 2004, his first year in New England. Injuries hurt him after that and Belichick cut him in 2006. Randy Moss was acquired from Oakland for a 4th rd. pick. While in Oakland, Moss made his famous "I play when I want to play" remark. Moss was quite successful in New England where be became a team player for Belichick never making any or his, it's all about me, comments. Albert Hayneswortyh was acquired from Washington for a 5th rd. pick. Belichick gave him no guaranteed money to sign hoping that would motivate Haynesworth. It didn't. Haynesworth was cut the next year.

EJ Manuel gets another year from me. However, if he doesn't make significant strides they should look to draft another QB in 2015. The team needs to build around EJ. Gailey masked the deficiency with the o-line where we thought they were actually good. They are average and major improvements are needed. TE needs to be upgraded and Chandler should not be resigned. I would keep Stevie for another year but draft a WR in the middle rounds until a suitable upgrade can be found. If someone gives me a 1st and mid round pick I would trade Spiller. I just don't believe he is a every down back.

It all starts up front the running game was supposed to take the pressure off and it is unfair for people to expect our rookie QB to carry the team.

Edited by billieve420

This draft was conducted by Marrone and Whaley, and it's one of the best drafts the Bills have had in a very long time.

Kiko was a "bad character" guy coming out of college, and they picked him second, and he's been (literally) an all star.

So, for people to assume that they're going to cut the talent and bring in "high character" guys is not only based on nothing, it actually runs counter to what the team has done so far under this coach/gm.

I think there are guys on this team that we just assume are good, because we know their names, and they were the "best of the worst" for the past 4 years.

Spiller, Stevie, Fred Jackson, Chandler.

Good. Riddance.

I'd be happy if Spiller never played another down for the Bills--EJ Manuel is not the problem with the offense. CJ "im too scared to run between the tackles" Spiller is the reason that no one fears our ground game.

3 yards and a cloud of dust, combined with EJ's ability to avoid turnovers, and a defense that can get off the field (when the field isn't 30 yards long, like it has been all season), in Buffalo winters, is all this team needs to win the division next year.

lol.

4 wins, 6 wins, 6 wins the last 3 years.

where's the talent?

just because you watch 16 bills games a year and know the team front to back, doesn't mean theyre talented.

it just means you know their names.

And how are they "regressing". That game against Atlanta was a great football game, the Bills played their asses off, the ball just didn't bounce their way. The Tampa game sucked, yes, but for a team loaded with young players, and a rookie QB, theyre allowed to lose and lose ugly--especially on the road.

There is just way too much over reaction by the Bills fanbase following that loss. The season really was "over" when EJ took that hit in Cleveland. The wheels came off during that month when EJ was gone. Hopefully next year is different, but we're going to need some better talent at running back for that to happen. EJ might have s*cked last week against Tampa throwing the ball, but he was also our leading rusher with 29 yards, so... bye bye Spiller.

We'll just agree to disagree. Respect your opinion but i cant sit here and agree with you that bc we're "young" we're allowed to "lose and lose ugly". No, we're not.

Aside from 3-4 players, this team is not that young. There are plenty of veterans on this team. This team was not prepared to play against pittsburgh and this team was not prepared tl play against tampa. That falls on the coaching staff and nobody else.