prayers for my wife.

outsidethebox

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westside, I'm so sorry to hear your story. I pray your wife recovers and remains at your side.

go to the Bristol-Myers Squibb website and look for a place that is doing their Anti-PD1 trials.

that's all i've got.

God bless.

You and your family are in my prayers. I don't know how religious you are or not but a good mental state and positive attitude can lead to incredible healing.

Try to maybe speak with a preacher or read the bible. Make plans for what you guysb wsnt to do when you recover. Work on planning a vacation together for when she is healed. Anything you can do to stay positive and keep yourself focused on healing will go a long way.

The Cleveland Clinic is amazing...one of the best hospitals in the country. They took very good care of my father in law when he was very, very sick. Lots of cutting edge technology and procedures. My thoughts and prayers of course.

I have heard this as well

Thank you everyone. You have given me some great feedback. I new this board is the best board out there. I am not giving up, neither is my wife. We will get through this one way or another.

West - I just read an article where they are having a lot of success in killing leukemia cancer cells by taking out stem cells from the patient, genetically modifying them (to make them attack cells that go in and kill any cancer cells). They are reporting a lot of success with this type of gene therapy. Obviously, leukemia is different, but definitely ask the doc if they have tried this type of treatment for your wife's condition. Still praying for an answer for you. D

Thank you everyone. You guys and gals are the best. My wife seems to be taking it well. She actually feels a little better from not having any treatment for a week. That chemo really kicks her ass. I plan on sending her records to every well known cancer in the united states. I don't care where we have to go. She is a fighter and so am I. We won't/can't give up the fight.

I am willing to ask every where for help. There is no pride when it comes to saving the life of my wife and best friend. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I truly appreciate them.

I am so sorry to hear what you went through. I know you understand what we are going through. I will stay strong for her, it is so hard sometimes. I just told my kids how serious her disease is and how we are running out of options. Hardest thing I ever had to do. Thank you section 122. My prayers are with you and your family as well.

Thank you. 2013 was certainly by far the worst year I have ever experienced as far as losing people I cared about. I have spent more time reflecting on life this year then ever before. It certainly is a roller coaster and again I wish you and your wife nothing but the best. Attitude is the most importatnt part of the fight and it sounds like you have a great one (as evidenced below)!

Thank you everyone. You have given me some great feedback. I new this board is the best board out there. I am not giving up, neither is my wife. We will get through this one way or another.

Yes you will! :beer:

Prayers for you both. This reminds me very quickly how unimportant football is.

As for the trials, that is one of the largest benefits of going to a major university. You can get excellent care based on NCCN guidelines with 'most' oncologists in the country (understanding there is good and bad everywhere as far as docs go). They are, however, limited to 'approved' treatments in most cases and most follow NCCN guidelines for treatment. These guidelines, in theory, keep treatment fairly standardized and based on well accepted studies/outcomes etc.

Getting on the 'new' trials, however, usually takes you visiting one of these big centers. It sounds as if your wife has gone through the 'guideline' treatments and her oncologist is recommending you seek a trial. Some regional/community hospitals enroll patients in trials that are centered at major universities. Hence, your travel for treatment etc may not be as extensive as you think. If your oncologist has recommended a trial/hospital...it sounds like that's a good next step.

Tell your wife there's a lot of people rooting for her!

Edited by BillsFanM.D.