prayers for my wife.

outsidethebox

My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer last October. She went through three different kinds of chemo with no success. Last week she started getting short of breath. They discovered fluid in her lungs and sent her for a ct scan. Well thursday we received the results.The cancer has gotten worse and the Dr is stopping the chemo since it didn't work. He is going to contact the cleveland clinic and sloan kettering to see if they might have a trial for her. Needless to say this has scared the **** out of me.Is there anyone who has went through or know someone who has run out of options and tried these trials? Any advice or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. I am on a quest to find something that will help my wife. We have been blessed with great family and friends who have been so supportive. I know my friends on the wall are great people. Someone might just know something that will help. That s my goal. She is my wife and best friend. Thank you once again.

Westside - I am certainly keeping you, your wife, family and the doctors in my prayers. You were very helpful last week for me and don't hesitate to message me any time. I wish I knew more about this damn disease to offer guidance; hopefully your doc finds the trial that will work. Please keep me updated if you have a chance. Prayers your way. D

Ugh man I !@#$ing hate cancer. Prayers are with you both and I wish you the strength to be her rock through this. Faith and being positive helped me tremendously through this last year having lost 2 family members to long battles. Best wishes and positive vibes your way.

Very sorry to hear that westside; one of my co-workers just went through colon cancer with his wife so I hope you guys come out ok as they have. I wouldn't shy away for a second form whatever trials they are trying at Sloan or elsewhere......there are a lot of smart people trying to figure this cancer sh-- out and the ones at these top hospitals all talk and participate in some of these trials. Trials mean they have a lot of people looking at your case.

Good luck.

Thank you everyone. You guys and gals are the best. My wife seems to be taking it well. She actually feels a little better from not having any treatment for a week. That chemo really kicks her ass. I plan on sending her records to every well known cancer in the united states. I don't care where we have to go. She is a fighter and so am I. We won't/can't give up the fight.

I am willing to ask every where for help. There is no pride when it comes to saving the life of my wife and best friend. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I truly appreciate them.

Ugh man I !@#$ing hate cancer. Prayers are with you both and I wish you the strength to be her rock through this. Faith and being positive helped me tremendously through this last year having lost 2 family members to long battles. Best wishes and positive vibes your way.

I am so sorry to hear what you went through. I know you understand what we are going through. I will stay strong for her, it is so hard sometimes. I just told my kids how serious her disease is and how we are running out of options. Hardest thing I ever had to do. Thank you section 122. My prayers are with you and your family as well.

:cry:

Thoughts and Prayers to you, your wife, family and friends..

No one fights alone.

"I am so sorry to hear what you went through. I know you understand what we are going through. I will stay strong for her, it is so hard sometimes. I just told my kids how serious her disease is and how we are running out of options. Hardest thing I ever had to do. Thank you section 122. My prayers are with you and your family as well."

I know this feeling.. I was diagnosed with CLL in June of 2012.. by far the hardest part of the whole ordeal was telling my wife and step-kids. (We were seperated at the time.) Probably took me 20 minutes to spit it out through all the crying and getting choked up. Tearing up now just remembering it.

Edited by Quester74