Does anybody care about the rest of the season.

I'll be rooting against the Bills for draft position.

Gotta replace EJ or at least give him 1st round competition.

Not that the Bills are really going to draft a QB or anything. They'll pass on QBs, and several of them will end up better than EJ. So it goes, as a Bills fan.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be rooting against the Bills for draft position.

Gotta replace EJ or at least give him 1st round competition.

Not that the Bills are really going to draft a QB or anything. They'll pass on QBs, and several of them will end up better than EJ. So it goes, as a Bills fan.

Where does this thinking come from? Seriously? How can someone make such definitive statement?

Its funny but just this week Mel Kiper has come out and said he doesn't believe there is a "franchise" QB in this next draft. Not that Kiper is always right, but his opinion does carry some weight. This QB class got extremely over-hyped.

I'll be watching but strictly to see if EJ can use these games to make a place for himself on next year's roster or if he's a bust in the making a la Schaub, Freeman, et al.

The season has and will be about Manuel, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, Hackett needs to show some more, too. But Marrone and Pettine have already proved their worth, as far as I'm concerned. If I were in charge, this would be all about seeing if Manuel has enough promise to pass on the chance to upgrade on QB in this next draft. As far as I'm concerned, having TWO franchise caliber QB's - IN CASE ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PAN OUT - is not a crazy idea, and is far better than having one QB who proves not capable, when in retrospect we passed on one or more QB's who prove very good. However, from what I've been reading out of Buffalo lately, it seems like Hackett and Marrone are very happy with Manuel, and already believe he's their man of the future.

Woke up feeling sad today. It finally sunk in completely that we're going to miss out on the playoffs yet again. I guess I miss the game day jitters. I still want to win, though. Learning how to win is more important than any potential draft pick at this point.

denver loses all world LT ryan Clady and they keep on clicking...

denver loses Peyton Manning and their season is over.

nine quarterbacks went on injured reserve in the first 10 weeks of this season.

ask Green Bay how important a backup QB is.

we aren't even sure if EJ is a Top 20 QB.

i think it's smart to invest big in a second QB.

ok, ok, ok......i'm pretty sure EJ will not be a Top 20 QB let alone a Franchise QB.

the bills thoroughly screwed the pooch today they can't do anything right, the turnovers, penalties to nullify touchdowns. where the f*** is Mario Williams and this hundred million dollar contract I don't remember Bruce Smith being absent like this for this many games.

I don't care about the remaining three games let's see about guys like Chris Gragg what they can do and the other guys that we have drafted let's let him play I mean it can't be any worse.

Edited by oman128

This season is all about EJ. I want to see him improve and make those 3-4 wow throws that turn the tide of games.

Well you sure haven't seen them or it up to now !!

I have as much hope as any Bills fan but i can't see what the FO saw in EJ . It was about the same as their exhaustive search for a new HC , they new before they started who they wanted before it started they just went through the motions .

If for nothing else we need to draft another QB in this years draft for competition b/c if EJ continues down this path sure he is a good guy but nothing better than a inconsistent back up !! Fitz is higher than he is in QB stats this year.

The season has and will be about Manuel, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, Hackett needs to show some more, too. But Marrone and Pettine have already proved their worth, as far as I'm concerned. If I were in charge, this would be all about seeing if Manuel has enough promise to pass on the chance to upgrade on QB in this next draft. As far as I'm concerned, having TWO franchise caliber QB's - IN CASE ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PAN OUT - is not a crazy idea, and is far better than having one QB who proves not capable, when in retrospect we passed on one or more QB's who prove very good. However, from what I've been reading out of Buffalo lately, it seems like Hackett and Marrone are very happy with Manuel, and already believe he's their man of the future.

I have to question the notion of Marrone and Pettine already proving there worth when we sit at 4-9. Marrone seems like a novice learning on the job whos team has become very soft. He has also made questionable decisions in talent evaluation that have been awful. All he has done is showed us a different path to 5-11 or 6-10 than what we are used to. As Bills fans we seem happy with it because it is different from the same old crap we saw in prior years. But lets not mistake the fact, its just new crap we are being treated to. Manuel needs to be pushed. Why not draft a QB if he is the best player available in round 1 and let the chips fall where they may.

Well, the rookies looked bad, other than Kiko.

And the coaching was horrible, again.

Sooooooo.

Clearly the best looking rookie was Da'Rick Rogers, oh wait a minute Marrone recognized pretty early that this guy did not have enough talent for his team.

Edited by VADC Bills