The Buffalo Bills have a better QB Situation Than...

Boludo

im not even sold that EJ is any good long yet to be honest, but nonetheless i think that with all things considered the Bills franchise right now has an overall better QB situation than:

Jets

Browns

Raiders

Titans

Jaguars

Texans

Vikings

and perhaps even

Dolphins

Bengals

Buccaneers

Redskins

49ers

Cardinals

Rams

but we are still clearly behind

Patriots

Ravens

Steelers

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Colts

Saints

Panthers

Falcons

Lions

Bears

Packers

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Seahawks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I by in large agree with your list except that it's so early to emphatically say any of this. Not only because of it only being EJ's rookie year and the fact that it's not even over, but that some of the teams you say we're possibly better than also have very young QB's that determinations can't be made yet.

Strongly disagree on Titans. Locker has played pretty well this year, if he can stay healthy, I think he's bordering on "franchise" status. They're a playoff team with him.

Texans are now solid leaders for Bridgewater, they're ahead too.

Dolphins and Bucs are close, but I hate Tannehill more than most. Glennon has been a little better than Manuel this year, but I don't know about him long term either.

For me, Manuel is in the Fitzpatrick zone. ~20th starting QB overall. Limited in their own ways. I have a hard time seeing EJ get significantly better to championship winning QB level. He's just not accurate enough. Bad, bad place to be in since it seems like the Bills are forcing him as the face of the franchise.

I think you're being overly generous in your list. I agree with the teams you listed in the first group except for Tennessee. They also have a rookie they're high on and have been getting much better veteran play in his absence than the Bills are getting right now. In the second group however I'd say that the Bills are equivalent to Tampa Bay and Arizona but behind everyone else. Overall, they are still in the bottom 1/3 of the league regarding QB play so that's not great. Hopefully it will get better.

im not even sold that EJ is any good long yet to be honest, but nonetheless i think that with all things considered the Bills franchise right now has an overall better QB situation than:

Jets

Browns

Raiders

Titans

Jaguars

Texans

Vikings

and perhaps even

Dolphins

Bengals

Buccaneers

Redskins

49ers

Cardinals

Rams

The bolded are clear no's as of right now.

Edited by DStebb716

Jets

Browns

Raiders

Titans

Jaguars

Texans

Vikings

and perhaps even

Dolphins - no

Bengals - no

Buccaneers - no

Redskins

49ers - no

Cardinals - no

Rams

but we are still clearly behind

Patriots

Ravens

Steelers

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Colts

Saints

Panthers

Falcons

Lions

Bears

Packers

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Seahawks

Alex Smith is a glorified game manager. I'd hardly say he is clearly better.

Really? We'd be 9-3 with him.

The Bills QB situation would be good, if EJ makes progress in the remaining four games and then signing Matt Schaub in the off season as his backup. Not having a solid veteran backup cost us the games against the Browns and the Chiefs.

From my 20 years of watching the NFL, I think EJ has looked very poised and has played well this season fr a rookie. Obviously he has had struggles (jets and Pitt game), but all in all I'm happy from what I've seen. The major blow that I fault him for was taking the hit in Cleveland and setting back the season.

I actually saw EJ play a lot during his college career, and his development really never impressed me from his freshman yr to senior yr (seemed like a very athletic but inaccurate passer). Ever since that college all star game though and into his rookie year, he seems to have greatly developed as a passer.

Basically agree. Mentioned in the backup qb thread that ej had to be on one of the shorter leashes unless he had a good last couple of weeks or start to next season and made very similar lists. I like ej and think he can climb that list, but that's still a maybe,

Clearly worse than the Bears? Really? I've never got any of the fuss about Jay Cutler. This is his 7th season as an NFL starter and over two teams he has had 2 winning seasons and got to the play-offs once (and then had the controversial "walk off" in the NFC Championsip game).

The Bears would be in the middle category for me.

Strongly disagree on Titans. Locker has played pretty well this year, if he can stay healthy, I think he's bordering on "franchise" status. They're a playoff team with him.

Texans are now solid leaders for Bridgewater, they're ahead too.

Dolphins and Bucs are close, but I hate Tannehill more than most. Glennon has been a little better than Manuel this year, but I don't know about him long term either.

For me, Manuel is in the Fitzpatrick zone. ~20th starting QB overall. Limited in their own ways. I have a hard time seeing EJ get significantly better to championship winning QB level. He's just not accurate enough. Bad, bad place to be in since it seems like the Bills are forcing him as the face of the franchise.

It's becoming clear you have an agenda. Locker is on the way to franchise status and they be a playoff team with him. Hmm. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13969/jake-locker

Locker's first year as a starter: 177 for 314 (56.4%), 2,176 yards, 6.93 ypa, 10 tds, 11 ints, QB rating of 74, record of 4-7 (still a very flawed stat for a QB).

And you take it step further. A guy who plays in a very bad college conference will obviously be better than EJ. Because no rookie QB has ever failed. Bridgewater will 100% put up the same stats in the NFL as he does in Conference America.

So in your own twisted logic, the guy who had worst stats in his 2nd year in the league than EJ has a rookie can be a franchise guy while EJ can't??? :oops:

Save everyone the trouble. You didn't like the pick and you want him to fail so you can be right on a message board.

Really? We'd be 9-3 with him.

Well the QB guru has spoken. Of course in your mind, we would have made the playoffs with John Skleton and our defense minus that scrub Mario Williams.

Also, does Smith on the Bills mean he gets the pick 6 and fumble return td that won the Chiefs the game where the mighty Alex Smith "led" them to 3 field goals?

Basically agree. Mentioned in the backup qb thread that ej had to be on one of the shorter leashes unless he had a good last couple of weeks or start to next season and made very similar lists. I like ej and think he can climb that list, but that's still a maybe,

Are you also of the oponion that EJ hasnt shown enough to gain confidence in his future? I think he gets all of nextseason and it will be wel into next before shortening of the proverbial leash

The Bills QB status is very much a question mark still. EJ hasn't really proven anything, other than he's inconsistent. So for right now, I rank our QB situation near the bottom of the league. Next year, we'll have our answer. It's hard to make a final judgment on a rookie.