The Buffalo Bills have a better QB Situation Than...

Boludo

Didn't you just suggest that Locker might be great? Go check Locker's passing stats in college and pros and tell me he was/is more accurate than Manuel. QBs generally do raise their completion % after their rookie year. Also, remember that Manuel is also throwing (mostly) to rookie WRs who may not always be in the right spot. Give them some time to develop chemistry.

We would all have liked EJ to have walked in and been a polished finished product, but that was an unrealistic wish. Sure, he needs to improve - what young QBs don't? In my view, he has played better than I expected and I am encouraged that he may be a long term good NFL starter.

Locker's play really declined his senior yr and he looked just OK against good competition even his Jr year. He was a raw and IMO overdrafted, but I do think he is one that they were patient with and has adapted to his system. Again, as a QB you are what you are by Year 3. I think he is now a franchise QB after a rough start and some injuries that set him back. TN was right to stick with him.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly worse than the Bears? Really? I've never got any of the fuss about Jay Cutler. This is his 7th season as an NFL starter and over two teams he has had 2 winning seasons and got to the play-offs once (and then had the controversial "walk off" in the NFC Championsip game).

The Bears would be in the middle category for me.

+1. Cutler has always been an overrated turd. look at what his back up is doing with his weapons.

Keenum looks intriguing in Houston.

EJ doens't have Kaep's speed or arm strength. Saying we are better off than SF at QB is crazy.

Kaepernick's mind blowing stats for 2013 are below. He is averaging a 57.8 % completion rate and 192.7 yards/game.

San Fran is not really winning games because of his awesome play. The defense keeps them competitive.

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

2013 San Francisco 49ers 12 303 175 57.8 25.2 2,312 7.6 192.7 15 5.0 7 2.3 64T 35 7 30 162 88.9

+1. Cutler has always been an overrated turd. look at what his back up is doing with his weapons.

Thank you. One of the most overrated players ever. The new Jeff George. Josh McCown has been killing it and wil lbe starting a fantasy football playoff game for me this week. :o

Only for EJ homers

Says the John Skelton homer.

ooh you got me, have not heard that one before seabiscuit

How's former BB mock 1st round pick Landry Jones looking? You also realize EJ is having a better rookie year than your other BFF Ryan Tannehill, right?

If being a EJ homer means you are willing to give a young QB more than 8 games to prove himself, then I'd gladly be a homer. Because the alternative means you are completely irrational person who has the mindset of a 12 year old (something shiny and new!).

I got no problem with you but you would think someone with your track record would be a little quieter in their opinions after one of the worst threads in the history of this board. Unless you are doing reverse psychology and hoping that since you are wrong all the time, saying EJ is a bust will make him a good QB. If that's the case, I truly salute you. :beer:

im not even sold that EJ is any good long yet to be honest, but nonetheless i think that with all things considered the Bills franchise right now has an overall better QB situation than:

Jets

Browns

Raiders

Titans

Jaguars

Texans

Vikings

and perhaps even

Dolphins

Bengals

Buccaneers

Redskins

49ers

Cardinals

Rams

but we are still clearly behind

Patriots

Ravens

Steelers

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Colts

Saints

Panthers

Falcons

Lions

Bears

Packers

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Seahawks

Lmfao. How in the world do you know where our QB situation is after a little more than a handful of starts by EJ.

Dalton, kaep, rgIII have already made the playoffs and are light years ahead of EJ.

Even locker was playing well before injury. And the titans are no worse off than us when he returns.

Strongly disagree on Titans. Locker has played pretty well this year, if he can stay healthy, I think he's bordering on "franchise" status. They're a playoff team with him.

Texans are now solid leaders for Bridgewater, they're ahead too.

Dolphins and Bucs are close, but I hate Tannehill more than most. Glennon has been a little better than Manuel this year, but I don't know about him long term either.

For me, Manuel is in the Fitzpatrick zone. ~20th starting QB overall. Limited in their own ways. I have a hard time seeing EJ get significantly better to championship winning QB level. He's just not accurate enough. Bad, bad place to be in since it seems like the Bills are forcing him as the face of the franchise.

The Fitzpatrick zone? What? EJ's a Rookie and when compared to other Rookie QB's over the years his play has been favorable...

You say Locker is a borderline Franchise QB...Which I disagree with...He's never been able to stay healthy anyway...But lets assume for the sake of argument you're right...Have you taken a look at Locker's first year as the "full time" Starter in Tennessee (last season...his 2nd year in the NFL)? EJ has played better than that as a Rookie...So why no benefit of the doubt for EJ? It's certainly not a stretch to assume EJ can be a better starter than Locker in a couple years...It's barely more than a baby step... B-)

Lmfao. How in the world do you know where our QB situation is after a little more than a handful of starts by EJ.

Dalton, kaep, rgIII have already made the playoffs and are light years ahead of EJ.

Even locker was playing well before injury. And the titans are no worse off than us when he returns.

Based on this season, Kaepernick and RG3 are not light years ahead of EJ. I do agree that you have to list all those guys above EJ.

Honestly, it's silly at this point to make any judgments one way or the other. He's played 8 games. He's had good and bad moments. For some reason people forget, he's a ROOKIE. If this was year 5, there won't be a question if we need a new QB. But in 3 of the games EJ has lost this season, he left the field with the lead (NE, ATL, and was on the game leading drive in Cle). No matter how people try to change it, football games are not won and lost on one player. It's the ultimate team game.

P.S. I definitely could do with your draft. Of course, I really want Mike Evans and I tend to favor the TE from UNC more than Amaro. Also, I love Borland but I think he will go much later than the 2nd because of his size. But he would be a perfect Bill. He's got London Fletcher in him.

How's former BB mock 1st round pick Landry Jones looking? You also realize EJ is having a better rookie year than your other BFF Ryan Tannehill, right?

If being a EJ homer means you are willing to give a young QB more than 8 games to prove himself, then I'd gladly be a homer. Because the alternative means you are completely irrational person who has the mindset of a 12 year old (something shiny and new!).

I got no problem with you but you would think someone with your track record would be a little quieter in their opinions after one of the worst threads in the history of this board. Unless you are doing reverse psychology and hoping that since you are wrong all the time, saying EJ is a bust will make him a good QB. If that's the case, I truly salute you. :beer:

if you fail to see that a proven veteran is better than a "we hope so" rookie you are clueless. And if you think I'm afraid express my opinion because of Skelton you are sadly mistaken, everyone makes mistakes this is just one of yours.

Pretty much this.

I think it's hard to know after year 2 as well. Look at Luck and Griffin who have been struggling as of late. Sure they both looked great their first seasons and now, Griffin more than Luck, are looking really bad. Should Washington look for a new QB? What about the struggles of Colin Kaepernick? He looked great last year and has looked very pedestrian this year.

People/fans want instant gratification, because they see it happens sometimes. But it's too early to make any sort of judgement.

Luck looked decidedly average until the 4th quarter most of last season. It's great to have all those comeback wins, but it also begs the question...

Why were they behind so much? His play for much of the game was one of the biggest reasons

if you fail to see that a proven veteran is better than a "we hope so" rookie you are clueless. And if you think I'm afraid express my opinion because of Skelton you are sadly mistaken, everyone makes mistakes this is just one of yours.

Except for said proven veteran was an unmitigated disaster of a #1 overall pick until Harbaugh came in and rescued him and the team. Sometimes it ain't all on the player. And certainly it can take more than 8 games to figure it out. Settle down, Beavis.

I think we have better situation at QB than most.

I will take ours over (BTW, not looking at this year, but the next 5)

Broncos

Giants

Ravens

Chiefs

Lions

Bears

Giants

Now obviously I am not saying EJ is better than Payton right now. I am just saying I would take our QB's over these teams for a sustained winning run over the next 5-7 years.

And yes, I like all 3 of our QB,S

Worst post ever. Manuel won't be in the league in five years. Better than Stafford? Come on.

The Fitzpatrick zone? What? EJ's a Rookie and when compared to other Rookie QB's over the years his play has been favorable...

You say Locker is a borderline Franchise QB...Which I disagree with...He's never been able to stay healthy anyway...But lets assume for the sake of argument you're right...Have you taken a look at Locker's first year as the "full time" Starter in Tennessee (last season...his 2nd year in the NFL)? EJ has played better than that as a Rookie...So why no benefit of the doubt for EJ? It's certainly not a stretch to assume EJ can be a better starter than Locker in a couple years...It's barely more than a baby step... B-)

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1h

#Titans not expected to pick up 2015 option ($13M) for QB Jake Locker, @MikeSilver & I are told. Puts them immediately in the QB market.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1h

#Titans not expected to pick up 2015 option ($13M) for QB Jake Locker, @MikeSilver & I are told. Puts them immediately in the QB market.

The Great Jay Clocker? But I thought…

Anyways here's a good article on the "5th year club option" for 1st rounders:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/22037047/nfl-draft-yearfive-option-makes-qbs-more-valuable

Strongly disagree on Titans. Locker has played pretty well this year, if he can stay healthy, I think he's bordering on "franchise" status. They're a playoff team with him.

Texans are now solid leaders for Bridgewater, they're ahead too.

Dolphins and Bucs are close, but I hate Tannehill more than most. Glennon has been a little better than Manuel this year, but I don't know about him long term either.

For me, Manuel is in the Fitzpatrick zone. ~20th starting QB overall. Limited in their own ways. I have a hard time seeing EJ get significantly better to championship winning QB level. He's just not accurate enough. Bad, bad place to be in since it seems like the Bills are forcing him as the face of the franchise.

You're truly a genius of negativity. I pity you spending so much time contriving your points of view.