Bills Sign TE Tony Moeaki to the Active Roster

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still resign Chandler next year. Keep Chandler, Moeaki, and a draft pick. Moeaki goes down and where !@#$ed. Chandler hasn't been terrible. Cut the loser of Moaeki v. Chandler the following year. Lining up in a 3 TE set with Jace Amaro would be awesome for Buffalo and EJ. Throw Woods and Goodwin out wide with Spiller in the backfield. Nothing but mismatch!

As long as Moeaki can stay on his feet after getting touched by a CB, he's gonna be a YAC machine compared to Chandler. Chandler gets a hand in his chest by a CB and flies out of bounds or falls backwards.

Uh, that, and not drop balls that hit him in the numbers, and not fumble anything in the last two minutes, or overtime.

Uh, that, and not drop balls that hit him in the numbers, and not fumble anything in the last two minutes, or overtime.

Yeah that'd also be really great. Like if he saw a reciever fumble and 30 seconds after made sure he protected the ball really well, I'd be pleased.

It's funny, I was reading the Jets board the other day and they were complaining about how they didn't try to improve the roster at all during the season. I really love this FO trying to field a better product every week, at least they are trying something.

Pat Kerwan called Moeaki more of a 10-12 yard TE than a downfield threat. Said he has the head to be a good TE, but never had the skill set to stretch the field. Decent blocker. Good player who is legit NFL player if he can get his body right. Paraphrasing, of course. Just passing it on.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56695&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE

40 Low: 4.60 40 Time: 4.69 40 High: 4.76

I would still resign Chandler next year. Keep Chandler, Moeaki, and a draft pick. Moeaki goes down and where !@#$ed. Chandler hasn't been terrible. Cut the loser of Moaeki v. Chandler the following year. Lining up in a 3 TE set with Jace Amaro would be awesome for Buffalo and EJ. Throw Woods and Goodwin out wide with Spiller in the backfield. Nothing but mismatch!

3 TEs, 2 WRs, RB, with 5 OL and a qb is always a tough one to defend.

Sounds like the Kevin Kolb of Tight Ends.

Does that mean this year and next year? If so, it's really a 1-yr deal with a few games to preview him.

This is what I was thinking. Depends on what the meaning of "2 years" is. This year as year 1 and next year as year 2? Sounds about right. I know he's not going to play the rest of this year for free and then do 2 more after that.

I still see Chandler being resigned. One problem is the offense didnt utilize him like they used to.

The contract is likely also for next year but just llike all NFL contracts there is no guarenntee if cut in camp.

Chandler was utilized more this season when EJ was QB than any previous season.

In his 8 games with EJ he has amassed 27-328-1. Over 16 games that would be 54-656-2 which would be career high catches and yards.

I still see Chandler being resigned. One problem is the offense didnt utilize him like they used to.

The contract is likely also for next year but just llike all NFL contracts there is no guarenntee if cut in camp.

Exactly. Throwing 1 yard slants to Chandler is a bad idea.

Re-sign him, and play him as a # 2 TE. He shouldn't cost that much to keep.

100% perfect move. Very low risk, high reward potential. My guess is that if he pans out, they keep him and Chandler around next year, along with Gragg--who I would like to see more of in this extended preseason, and push back drafting a TE until Rd. 3 or 4.

Yeah, I like it because of the draft implications you speak of. I'd prefer to keep adding to the defense earlier on and this hypothetically fills a hole.

This points to my previous posts: draft an NFL ready OLB in 1st, tall and atheletic WR in 2nd, and TE in 3rd / 4th. The TE in that spot would be a good TE who needs a year or two to develop, which nearly every TE does. See all my previous posts about excellent TEs who are drafted in 3rd / 4th round...Witten, Cameron, Thomas, Graham, etc...and they usually take a year or two to become good TEs. That's why getting a guy like Moekai bodes well for the BILLS...he is NFL ready now, can help you win now and hopefully next year, while the team develops their long-term solution to TE...not to say they will draft a Graham or Witten, but they could, without sacrificing in the short-term. Good move IMO, both for the present and the future.