Bills Sign TE Tony Moeaki to the Active Roster

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow--really? This could be a steal and a half. The guy was a beast before he got injured. (Didn't we injure him?)

You will never beat 26Corner Blitz. The dude has 4.2 posting speed.

He literally posted it ten seconds before my thread, lol

This looks like a nice signing in a position of need. I noticed on Twitter several fans of other teams commenting to the national NFL beat writers about hoping their team would have got him before the Bills. Nice work by Whaley... hopefully he works out well but if not, no huge risk.

Lee smith roll is jumping offsides,holding and personal fouls.

:lol: And he's damn good at it!

The Bills just signed Moeaki about an hour ago after being contacted by them (via his agent I presume) last night. He hasn't been in team meetings yet. Since it's already Wednesday, I can't imagine him being active this week.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I like it. When Moeaki was healthy, rare as it was, he was a very good receiving and overall TE for KC.

If, and it's a gigantic IF he's able to play and return close to that form, could be useful. But, if he did, he probably wouldn't have been released by KC who's not deep at TE either, nor sitting there for over a month.

I like this move. If he can perform well over the last 4 weeks we will probably not extend an offer to Chandler this offseason.

Can't say I agree with this logic. Chandler is a pretty good TE, not a great TE, but pretty good. He can start elsewhere in the league IMO. Strength is receiving, but he can block some also. Look for him to be resigned. The guy this looks bad for is Gragg....if he had anything, he would have gotten some playing time the next 4 weeks. He is just like Dorin Dickerson...to small to do the line play. Interestingly, I saw Dorin Dickerson make his first reception of the year on TV this weekend, I forget who, I was so stunned to see him still in the league.

My favorite Lee Smith 'move' was his trip during that awesome EJ play-action triple fake play where the goal line got him.

RE: Moeaki, can't hurt. Like the risk/reward aspect of it.

My favorite Lee Smith quote "I don't do cutbacks after the catch"

I like it. When Moeaki was healthy, rare as it was, he was a very good receiving and overall TE for KC.

If, and it's a gigantic IF he's able to play and return close to that form, could be useful. But, if he did, he probably wouldn't have been released by KC who's not deep at TE either, nor sitting there for over a month.

He was released by KC after an injury settlement because he's now healthy and wants to play much like Brad Smith with the Bills a few weeks back.

Pat Kerwan called Moeaki more of a 10-12 yard TE than a downfield threat. Said he has the head to be a good TE, but never had the skill set to stretch the field. Decent blocker. Good player who is legit NFL player if he can get his body right. Paraphrasing, of course.

Just passing it on.

100% perfect move. Very low risk, high reward potential. My guess is that if he pans out, they keep him and Chandler around next year, along with Gragg--who I would like to see more of in this extended preseason, and push back drafting a TE until Rd. 3 or 4.