Tashard Choice released, Wingo's role to increase

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure? I thought Choice had a decent salary as a 3rd string RB.

I don't recall the exact number but it was thousands not millions. Essentially vet minimum plus a nice dinner or two, which is higher than rookie min, but not terribly noteworthy.

Edited by NoSaint

Very classy move.

hopefully. also has potential to be not a good sign for morale. id guess those guys wouldnt do it without the go ahead from above though.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on it too. Kinda feels mutinous.

Personally I like it when players stick up for each other.

Did Choice have any incentives in his contract he was getting close to I wonder?

In guessing that deep down, the Coaching Staff knows that it's over and they are getting some other guys some shots to see what they've got.

As much as I want to fight until were mathematically eliminated, I'm hoping this is the truth. It has been a very long time since we tanked ANY part of the season in order to see what we have. Marrone is in scouting mode right now. That's my guess.

As much as I want to fight until were mathematically eliminated, I'm hoping this is the truth. It has been a very long time since we tanked ANY part of the season in order to see what we have. Marrone is in scouting mode right now. That's my guess.

I couldn't agree more.

I don't want to use too much hyperbole--but this is maybe the most exciting move the bills have made since drafting EJ.

It tells me a few things--the coach and gm feel very comfortable in their standing with the team, and have probably been told by brandon they will be in place either as long as brandon is there (until ralph dies) or 4-5 years--whichever comes first.

Second--and this might be the most important: We have some real talent at leadership positions (front office, sideline, etc.) I am one of the guys that plays with the ESPN playoff calculator until i can get the 6-10 bills in at the final wild card spot. I'm glad the coaches are not. Choice might not have been a "big name" player, but he's big enough. It's exciting to see the organization going into evaluation mode now, with 4 games left to develop ej, grow the offense, see what we have, and what our TRUE areas of need are.

This is the difference between being proactive and reactive. Gailey or Jauron et. al would have been giving the company line "were still alive, we still have a chance."

This moves shows the players: were here to win. If you don't win, you wont be here, and we'll use the games left that are now meaningless (because you didn't win) to find your replacements who can win.

Maybe they like someone on another practice squad.

I believe if they pick up a practice squad player from another team, he must go on active roster.

My bet is they want to start filling spots for next year the best way they can.

I'd like to see what one of the big wr's on our practice squad can do, assuming they are ready to try.

Doesn't make sense to release him, considering his effectiveness as the all-purpose backup. Something must have happened. If Wingo wowed them in practice, why not give him a few carries when Spiller was out? Odd timing to say the least.

Yeah. This is certainly a head scratcher

I couldn't agree more.

I don't want to use too much hyperbole--but this is maybe the most exciting move the bills have made since drafting EJ.

It tells me a few things--the coach and gm feel very comfortable in their standing with the team, and have probably been told by brandon they will be in place either as long as brandon is there (until ralph dies) or 4-5 years--whichever comes first.

Second--and this might be the most important: We have some real talent at leadership positions (front office, sideline, etc.) I am one of the guys that plays with the ESPN playoff calculator until i can get the 6-10 bills in at the final wild card spot. I'm glad the coaches are not. Choice might not have been a "big name" player, but he's big enough. It's exciting to see the organization going into evaluation mode now, with 4 games left to develop ej, grow the offense, see what we have, and what our TRUE areas of need are.

This is the difference between being proactive and reactive. Gailey or Jauron et. al would have been giving the company line "were still alive, we still have a chance."

This moves shows the players: were here to win. If you don't win, you wont be here, and we'll use the games left that are now meaningless (because you didn't win) to find your replacements who can win.

I want to disagree but I can't.