Mike Tomlin Incident

NoSaint

In the end, there should be a modest fine and slap on the wrist.

The mistake he made was the definition of a harmless error. The ravens won. And there isn't enough proof to say he did it intentionally.

You guys who still believe Tomlin's continued lying his butt off look so foolish. It was obviously done on purpose. He was glancing backwards as the guy was approaching him. What if Jones didn't break stride and ran over Tomlin and it ended Jone's career? I'm shaking my head in disbelief at seeing Bills fans defending this chump.

A high profile NFL head coach lied and continues to lie about the worst coach vs player on field incident since Woody Hayes. I'm surprised the NFL didn't tell him to come clean to everyone or get the book thrown at him. If the NFL does indeed give only a slap on the wrist to Tomlin, then the league will be seen as no better than this lying, cheating, punk coach. The evidence is clear.

I think that Tomlin is a very sick man for doing this. I'd suspend him at least 8 games and take away the Steelers 1st round pick. This is a shocking incident to me as an NFL fan. This is a head coach that did this!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care about his explanation. He was on the field during the play, and interfered with it. Period.

The only question should be: why isn't the linesman being find for not throwing the flag on the obvious penalty?

this.

Its just a blatant penalty regardless of intention .

That is the definition of what is driving me nuts about the NFL today. And pushing me away from it .

The officiating is not improving its being manipulated seemingly. for the sake of what ? Parity ?

I like Tomlin in general so I care not so much about the incident , but the lack of immediate response to a clear and major error by him.

He was on the f'n jumbo tron. So what will the officiating crew do next week. throw some flags against them to balance the ledger ?

and i dont care about Steelers losing draft picks or the fine to him. He may not either for that matter

The penalty should have been called at the time it happened. period

You guys who still believe Tomlin's continued lying his butt off look so foolish. It was obviously done on purpose. He was glancing backwards as the guy was approaching him. What if Jones didn't break stride and ran over Tomlin and it ended Jone's career? I'm shaking my head in disbelief at seeing Bills fans defending this chump.

A high profile NFL head coach lied and continues to lie about the worst coach vs player on field incident since Woody Hayes. I'm surprised the NFL didn't tell him to come clean to everyone or get the book thrown at him. If the NFL does indeed give only a slap on the wrist to Tomlin, then the league will be seen as no better than this lying, cheating, punk coach. The evidence is clear.

I think that Tomlin is a very sick man for doing this. I'd suspend him at least 8 games and take away the Steelers 1st round pick. This is a shocking incident to me as an NFL fan. This is a head coach that did this!

This is just a tad over the top.

The Tomlin incident was no accident or mistake, Tomlin knew exactly what he was doing on that play and he was laughing about it seconds later. He deserves whatever penalties/fines the NFL give him.

So......what do you think his motive was for doing it?

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread......if it was no accident or mistake......what could he possible have been hoping to achieve by doing it?

*btw, laughter is a natural human reaction for many after a shock/surprise situation.*

Edited by Dibs

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread......if it was no accident or mistake......what could he possible have been hoping to achieve by doing it?

How about preventing a TD, which is exactly what he did.

How about preventing a TD, which is exactly what he did.

Or atleast taking the chance to, with your season on the line - and thinking it's just a huge fine, instead of finishing 3rd in the division and missing the playoffs for the second straight year.

Nerf Hammer!

@ProFootballTalk

Mike Tomlin fined $100,000, Steelers may lose draft picks http://profootballta...se-draft-picks/

Mike Tomlin stepping onto the field into the path of Ravens kickoff returner Jacoby Jones was a costly mistake — costly to Tomlin now, and possibly costly to the Steelers come draft time.

The NFL has fined Tomlin $100,000 for interfering with a play in progress. And the NFL is still weighing whether to dock draft picks from the Steelers.

The league’s announcement said that “because the conduct affected a play on the field, a modification or forfeiture of draft choices will be considered after the final order of the 2014 draft has been determined.”

NFL Executive V.P. of Football Operations Ray Anderson made the decision.

The NFL also said that the Steelers should have been given a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. The league has not said what actions will be taken against the officials who failed to call that penalty, even though replays show one official was just feet away from Tomlin, and at least one other official had a clear view of the penalty.

There’s no word from the league about the severity of the draft penalties. It’s also not clear whether the Steelers would merely be stripped of a pick, or whether the league would give a Pittsburgh pick to Baltimore as compensation for a rules violation that affected the Ravens.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Goodell is such a joke. the only reason he ever does anything is for PR reasons. If this game was played at Sunday at 1pm instead of Thanksgiving night, it'd be such a minor thing. But because everyone saw it, Goodell had to make an example.

The guy pushes for extra games when we knew long ago the dangerous of concussions. Now because they are getting sued, they are changing the rules. Goodell has tough job, don't get me wrong. But he is a major fraud IMO.

a major thing would have been if Pit won that game by a small margin..... "integrity of the game".

Goodell is outstanding. A "fraud" based on what, the NFL dodges no issues.

good PR is crucial to retain sponsors and fans.

actions to prevent liability lawsuits is smart business.

Goodell is such a joke. the only reason he ever does anything is for PR reasons. If this game was played at Sunday at 1pm instead of Thanksgiving night, it'd be such a minor thing. But because everyone saw it, Goodell had to make an example.

The guy pushes for extra games when we knew long ago the dangerous of concussions. Now because they are getting sued, they are changing the rules. Goodell has tough job, don't get me wrong. But he is a major fraud IMO.

It's hard to believe anyone still thinks this way. Goodell does nothing but the owners' bidding. They decide what they want done and he carries it out. He is their public face. Their well paid lackey--their firewall.

...and it obviously work like a charm as there are a ton of people who direct their anger at Goodell for all that happens in the league that they are displeased with.

Nerf Hammer!

@ProFootballTalk

Mike Tomlin fined $100,000, Steelers may lose draft picks http://profootballta...se-draft-picks/

I like the idea of waiting until draft selection is determined.

When they took the Patriots late 1st round pick for spygate, the Patriots still had the no. 5 pick in the draft due to a prior trade. The league hopefully learned from that joke of a penalty.

It's hard to believe anyone still thinks this way. Goodell does nothing but the owners' bidding. They decide what they want done and he carries it out. He is their public face. Their well paid lackey--their firewall.

...and it obviously work like a charm as there are a ton of people who direct their anger at Goodell for all that happens in the league that they are displeased with.

Fair response and I can't dispute it. But are owners really in an uproar over this? The fine was more than enough.

*btw, laughter is a natural human reaction for many after a shock/surprise situation.*

Tomlin was hoping to make Jones move over and/or slow down that way someone from the Steelers could catch him. It's one thing if Tomlin was partially on the white part of the sideline, or even half way, but he was right on the edge of the field with part of his foot on the field. NFL coaches know all the rules to the game and are informed of any changes to the rules. Plus, Tomlin is on the competition committee. This was no accident and it was intentional.

The only fraud here is the lying cheating fraud named Mike Tomlin. He's classless and crossed a line that, in my memory, only Woody Hayes has crossed. While not as violent as Hayes, Tomlin's behavior is extremely detrimental to the credibility and fairness of the game.

He's lucky that Jones didn't run into him and have a career ending injury as a result. In that event, Tomlin would for sure would have lost his job and probably have been banned from the league. He'd at least have been banned from having a job that required him to be on an NFL sideline during the game.