Mike Tomlin Incident

NoSaint

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game and saw that . It does look like he stood there intentionally...

he claims he had no idea he was in the way, and was simply casually watching the return on the big screen.

i dont know how he could remotely make that argument, but i would be curious to see how he ended up there in the first place or if he has ever casually ended up in a similar spot in the past and not gotten caught due to the return not making it to him.

The account of the incident that I read on ESPN said that he was standing very close to the field. That obviously was not the case. He was actually standing ON the field. I think he's going to get major fine, maybe $100,000. Too bad; I always liked the guy, but that was a bush league move.

Edited by mannc

The account of the incident that I read on ESPN said that he was standing very close to the field. That obviously not the case. He was actually standing ON the field. I think he's going to get major fine, maybe $100,000. Too bad; I always liked the guy, but that was a bush league move.

@RapSheet

The Mike Tomlin foot on the field play to be reviewed under @NFL's normal procedures for possible discipline, per source. Decision next week

hes looking over his shoulder at them 10 yards before they get there - which granted, is only about a second but i find it hard to believe he was standing partially in the field the length of the return, and never noticed "hey, wait, the sideline is on the wrong side of me"

by the rule book, he shouldnt have even been on the white, yet alone on the edge of the field. it would take an incredible lack of awareness to get that far out, or a consistent ignoring of the rule and just accidentally creeping an extra step i guess.

I can buy that it wasn't intentional, but I can't buy not throwing a flag...we have seen benches flagged for a player of coach with part of their foot on the field of play, far from the action...that is crazy he wasn't flagged at all..

the only way it wasnt intentional is if he disregards the rule regularly by several feet/yards and is always far too close to the field.

look for it to be a big point of emphasis with officials going forward.

I can buy that it wasn't intentional, but I can't buy not throwing a flag...we have seen benches flagged for a player of coach with part of their foot on the field of play, far from the action...that is crazy he wasn't flagged at all..

I can't. I think he watched the return on the screen and acted, since his back was turned, like he didn't realize till the last second that he was in the path of the runner. Does anyone know if Pittsgurg could have been flaged for too many men on the field even if the twelfth man was the head coach and not a player?

If the Steelers had won the game, this would be an even bigger deal than it is. One other thing that is evident from the tape: no one else on the sideline is even near Tomlin. There is no way he didn't know he was doing something illegal. And how outrageous is it that Tomlin wasn't flagged? The f-ing ref had to dodge him running down the sideline on the play!

Edited by mannc