Mike Tomlin Incident

NoSaint

I can buy that it wasn't intentional, but I can't buy not throwing a flag...we have seen benches flagged for a player of coach with part of their foot on the field of play, far from the action...that is crazy he wasn't flagged at all..

Totally agree.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retrospect: Tomlin should have been flagged, penalized, and DQed.

Going forward: Heavy fine. It won't be a suspension.

And I actually like the guy.

I've always like Tomlin. If I had to hand pick any coach in the league, he'd be my guy. That said, it was intentional. Penalty should have been called for sure. Fine if appropriate. Suspension? I don't think so. This does not in anyway change my admiration for him as a head coach. I wish he were ours.

#12 should have slowed intentionally & let Tomlin's guy tackle him out of bounds taking Tomlin out with them

IF he in fact did do this intentionally to send him a message that 2 can play his game !!

Of corse that could have caused a bad injury to Tomlin which i would not hope for but i think it is just wrong to pull something like that & at the very least he should have been flagged for being on the field !!

Ravens should have been awarded a TD on the play

Suspending Tomlin accomplishes nothing

If the ref's decision was that he impeded the play and the result would have been a TD, they would have flagged it and awarded him a TD. But that is the real world.

They showed him after the play, knowing he got away with it, smirking like a kid walking away from a candy jar with his pockets full.

Edited by rockpile

If the ref's decision was that he impeded the play and the result would have been a TD, they would have flagged it and awarded him a TD. But that is the real world.

They showed him after the play, knowing he got away with it, smirking like a kid walking away from a candy jar with his pockets full.

I don't think they can award the TD.

No way that guy scores either way. Defender had the angle on him before he (minimally) changed direction. This is manufactured outrage

What should have been called was the helmet to head that knocked the Steelers RBs helmet off at the goal line.

I am not outraged, I just think he did it intentionally, and should have been flagged.

The sidelines are 6 feet wide. He shouldn't be touching them, yet alone the actual field. Though it's often a bent rule, 8 feet further than he should be is pretty close to accurate

6 feet wide, and he was standing on it, with part of his foot touching the green of the field, so he was less then 6' from where he should have been standing considering his toes can go up to the white of the sideline. 8' would have had him standing well onto the field of play and actually may have been a better spot cause the ravens player could have ran by him without going out of bounds and the steelers defender would have run into Tomlin because of the angle he was on.

Seems to be alot of Pittsburgh Hatred on this one with talks of how the team should be punished by awarding them a TD that they never would have scored on the play, tossing Tomlin from the game, fining him, and suspending him.